• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the velcro is oriented the way it is because, if it was the other way, the 95% of the rounds you play NOT in the rain you'd have to constantly be lifting it up (possibly un-velcroing it) EVERY time you wanted to grab your disc. Since many will put putters there, that's every hole.

I think that the fact that an umbrella fits inside the side pocket and can protect you and your bag is a big part of their "waterproofing" plan for the bag.

You have a good point. I guess we will see. I'm living where "monsoon season" is no joke. If it can deal with that, even with an umbrella, I will be impressed.

Eh...I could wait awhile longer :cool:
now why do you do say this? haha are you afraid to invest into something that youre unfamiliar with how it performs? waiting for the official reviews to come out?

nah.. take a risk once in your life man.
im pretty confident in the quality and performance that this bag will big to the course. pretty pumped!

durability

im excited to obviously get my bag in sometime next week.. but how do yall think the material will hold up.. i have seen some grips that have lasted for a long time and was just interested to see how this will hold up.

im excited to obviously get my bag in sometime next week.. but how do yall think the material will hold up.. i have seen some grips that have lasted for a long time and was just interested to see how this will hold up.

Should be a very well built bag
The materials are top quality
If the stitching is as heavy duty and done correctly, they should last a long time.

I am very anxious for my wifes to get here, so I can see and test it first hand.
It all looks good on paper, and on the promo vids. and pics.
We shall see
I am sure it will be a great bag for the price.
most likely, the best disc golf specific backpack style bag, you can get for the money.

it's 1000D material, it will hold up fine

it's 1000D material, it will hold up fine

How is the frame made on the catalyst? Revolutions had good materials and the frame would eventually wear through. I know its a completely different style bag just wondered if that could be an issue?

Last edited:
he asked specifically for the material, what's more is the material is held together by triple stitching

You're quick lol but I edited my post before you even responded because I saw he asked about the material and in that case he should prolly learn about curduras.

You're quick lol but I edited my post before you even responded because I saw he asked about the material and in that case he should prolly learn about curduras.

haha it's all good, to answer your edit, the catalyst is built with a very sturdy internal frame, just like the contender it's hard very sturdy plastic that can't be removed so it keeps the bag up right and holds it's shape very well

Does it have any points that might rub and wear?

let me specify If you were talking about the frame rubbing and wearing, no. it's always typical
to see the bottom wear due to it being down on the ground but even though it doesn't have rails it does have durable rubber feet which slow the wear down greatly and keeps the bag level on slopes

Last edited:
How is the point where the shoulder straps connect at the top of the bag different than the same spot on the Contender bag in terms of durability?
I haven't had problems with my Contender, but saw a couple of people had an issue with the straps/stitching at this location on the Contender.

How is the point where the shoulder straps connect at the top of the bag different than the same spot on the Contender bag in terms of durability?
I haven't had problems with my Contender, but saw a couple of people had an issue with the straps/stitching at this location on the Contender.

I believe they are made the same way and that's just it , out of hundreds of bags only a few have had issues with the shoulder straps and it has been covered by the lifetime warranty and those customers were taken care of. I also haven't had any issues with my contender and am not worried about the catalyst at all

anything you say can and will be used against you

just pointing out, there are 2 optimistic assumptions supporting a promise within that statement. y'all really gotta learn to analyze what you put out there. same mistake over and over of optimistic assumptions and promises.

the last quick-in-out-US-Customs I followed included an unexpected 3-week delay by Customs checks. grip's launch included mostly unsalable error bags. I know the time a good and efficient QC takes (I'm trained on Grip QC). all good reasons not to assume the best/fastest/error-freeness and base promises on it.

this thread turns common sense into bullying.

Well Said.

Status
Not open for further replies.