• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure about the quick access putter pocket. I think it's a cool look, but I'm a little concerned about how it holds up against rain. The exterior bag material is weather proof and will keep water out, but why is the putter pocket opening velcro and why is the opening facing up? Assuming rain is flowing downward from the top of the bag, the way the pocket is orientated looks like water could and would start collecting inside that pocket even if it's closed.

I think the velcro is oriented the way it is because, if it was the other way, the 95% of the rounds you play NOT in the rain you'd have to constantly be lifting it up (possibly un-velcroing it) EVERY time you wanted to grab your disc. Since many will put putters there, that's every hole.

I think that the fact that an umbrella fits inside the side pocket and can protect you and your bag is a big part of their "waterproofing" plan for the bag.

Doesn't it come with a rain gaurd anyway?

it does not. adding a rain fly means spending extra money and making an extra cost to the customer. I personally never liked rain flys until I saw the ergo 2 fly. however to make up for not having one, Chris always designed bags to be able to play in the rain well. I have played in pretty soaking rounds with my contender and even kept my phone in on of the zippered pockets. when I took it out at the end of the round my phone was 100% dry and the only time my discs got wet was when I threw them

I'll concur on the Contender being extremely solid and dry in the rain. I've played in huge downpours with it and everything stayed dry. The Catalyst is made of the same stuff, so water-proofing will be the least of your concerns I suspect.

Time will tell if the straps hold up. Since it won't carry the same weight as the Contender, they may do just fine. The Ergo2 is best here because the back panel is the same piece of material as the straps... and as such, cannot come unstitched. BRILLIANT! The GripEQ is stitched, but very deep and lots of it. With the Catalyst straps just disappearing into the top, we'll see if they hold up. I'm guessing they will.

I'll concur on the Contender being extremely solid and dry in the rain. I've played in huge downpours with it and everything stayed dry. The Catalyst is made of the same stuff, so water-proofing will be the least of your concerns I suspect.

Time will tell if the straps hold up. Since it won't carry the same weight as the Contender, they may do just fine. The Ergo2 is best here because the back panel is the same piece of material as the straps... and as such, cannot come unstitched. BRILLIANT! The GripEQ is stitched, but very deep and lots of it. With the Catalyst straps just disappearing into the top, we'll see if they hold up. I'm guessing they will.

they r triple stitched so there should be very minimal issues. the straps on my contender are still holding strong

they r triple stitched so there should be very minimal issues. the straps on my contender are still holding strong

im interested to see how the overall material (internal/external) willl hold up. ive been playing for about 5 months and have already played in several tournaments.. and i see many people with grips that theyve had for years and the material on these expensive bags is great. very anxious for my catalyst..

I'm excited that I'll actually have room in my bag for a long sleeve shirt/extra stuff. I love my current bag but a little extra storage room will be nice. I am also looking forward to seeing how the side pocket works for a water bladder. Does anyone know if there is a hook or anything to secure it or if it just sits in there with the straw poking out the top?

I'm excited that I'll actually have room in my bag for a long sleeve shirt/extra stuff. I love my current bag but a little extra storage room will be nice. I am also looking forward to seeing how the side pocket works for a water bladder. Does anyone know if there is a hook or anything to secure it or if it just sits in there with the straw poking out the top?

I think it just sits in one of the side
pockets

Thanks, that's what I was figuring. I'm not planning on putting discs in the sides so I should have plenty of room. I hate walking and trying to drink from a wide mouthed Nalgene bottle so this is actually one of the features I'm looking forward to the most lol.

Thanks, that's what I was figuring. I'm not planning on putting discs in the sides so I should have plenty of room. I hate walking and trying to drink from a wide mouthed Nalgene bottle so this is actually one of the features I'm looking forward to the most lol.

Right there with you, especially in the summer texas heat

Does anyone know if there is a hook or anything to secure it or if it just sits in there with the straw poking out the top?

You could probably rig something up with the D-Ring that's just above the pocket IIRC. Maybe with a carabiner or something if you don't want it that high up that it's sticking out of the pocket a little.

You could rig a velcro loop around one side of the carrying handle to accommodate a bladder's straw.

future thread

....THEY'RE ALMOST HERE!!!!!!

When everybody gets their bags i honestly feel like everybody is going to go insane and they will just be filled with so much excitement that threads will be popping up like crazy..
haha we need to start one with just everybody's pros and cons.
oh and a lot of happy golfers posting pics of this great new medium sized backpack..
i must say that im pretty stoked about my grey and black catalyst!!!

After this long wait and the hype, I hope the bag is solid. It's not for me, but I am a bag whore and cannot wait to see the reports of this bag.

sure are! then a quick trip to salient, a QC check for each bag and then it is shipped out. shipping will begin next week!
anything you say can and will be used against you

just pointing out, there are 2 optimistic assumptions supporting a promise within that statement. y'all really gotta learn to analyze what you put out there. same mistake over and over of optimistic assumptions and promises.

the last quick-in-out-US-Customs I followed included an unexpected 3-week delay by Customs checks. grip's launch included mostly unsalable error bags. I know the time a good and efficient QC takes (I'm trained on Grip QC). all good reasons not to assume the best/fastest/error-freeness and base promises on it.

this thread turns common sense into bullying.

anything you say can and will be used against you

just pointing out, there are 2 optimistic assumptions supporting a promise within that statement. y'all really gotta learn to analyze what you put out there. same mistake over and over of optimistic assumptions and promises.

the last quick-in-out-US-Customs I followed included an unexpected 3-week delay by Customs checks. grip's launch included mostly unsalable error bags. I know the time a good and efficient QC takes (I'm trained on Grip QC). all good reasons not to assume the best/fastest/error-freeness and base promises on it.

this thread turns common sense into bullying.

yes I understand the consequences of my actions should things not go exactly as I say they will

When everybody gets their bags i honestly feel like everybody is going to go insane and they will just be filled with so much excitement that threads will be popping up like crazy..
haha we need to start one with just everybody's pros and cons.

We did start one. You're reading it. It's this thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.