• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Next is the shoulder straps, again the grips are more curved versus a straighter strap on the catalyst....

This is where it all starts and stops for me... the shoulder straps or load bearing portion of the bag.

This is the same design as my PF Contender and the straight straps just are no where near as comfortable. They bind at the neck instead of contour around it. As I've said before, my wife/caddy refuses to wear the Contender and love my new A-series GripEQ.

Add to that the padding on the back in so much better on the Grip and what you get to two different classes of bag. These shouldn't even be compared to each other.

Lastly, the straight straps are much more likely (maybe even probable) to become torn. I know mine did and I had to send it back for repair. This where the Ergo2 (sorry for introduction a 3rd option) is superior because the back material is one the same piece as the straps... it cannot come apart at the seams because there is no seam. The Grip straps seems to be sewn much "deeper" down and I don't foresee any issues with these straps on my Grip.

- I also prefer where the pencil pockets are on the catalyst. It's a pain to dip down to get a pencil based on my experience with the contender. Not sure where the Grip's pencil pockets are honestly....

Grip has pencil holders on top front which is very hand... and at the bottom rear. I use the top without rain fly and the bottom when it's on.

- I personally don't like the fact that the carrying handle of the Grip is integrated into the straps, I would be very weary of its use long term, which is why i prefer the strong rubber handle on the catalyst. Exactly like the one from my contender.

Sorry... still reading and commenting as I go.

Agreed.. I love the strap on my Contender. This is where the Ergo really fell down IMHO. The integrated handle is okay, but not as comfortable or functional as the Contender. For aesthetic purposes, the integrated handle is more pleasing.

Because I liked the "go to" horizontal pocket design of the Catalyst, I've been using the zipper pouch on my main compartment cover as my go to area... I get two driver easily in there as long as I put them in and take them out one at a time. Give me 19+2+2 total now as well.

See here what I'm talking about.
picture.php

- I honestly believe the Catalyst has the grip beat on non disc storage because of those two huge side pockets of different sizes. And being able to hold a stool inside the side pocket is a lot less hassle than having it buckled on the outside in my experience.

- Again, my small necessities needing to be towards the top for me, im glad the mini pocket is at the top of the catalyst. Not sure where the designated mini pocket for the grip is.

- I personally don't like the fact that the carrying handle of the Grip is integrated into the straps, I would be very weary of its use long term, which is why i prefer the strong rubber handle on the catalyst. Exactly like the one from my contender.

Well done for the most part in the comparison.

-I dont like the fact that if you wantyour bag to carry a stool in the catalyst then you have to keep one of the pockets always empty so that youcan put it inside of the pocket, also seems like a flaw to me because your stool is bound to bring debris in if you put it in and out of your bag.

-On the grip, the quiver was made for the putter and the zippered compartment right below it was made for personal things, thats what I use it for. Now you see a lot of other pros that use the quiver to hold towels and such and then put their putter in the lower zippered compartment. As for the mini pocket, I use the pocket where the stool or umbrella is designed to get tucked into and since you usually dont have to carry both on your bag one is always free, but I also play with my mini in my pocket so realy there is no need for a mini pocket to me.

-I like that the Grip doesnt have that rubber handle. I think it is a lot more accessable to always have it open and not having to possibly have it in a different place. I also like that the grips handle is built into the strap becuase it is one less working component on the bag that could fail but you can also look at it as if it does fail then more than one thing are now bad.

-I like that the Grip doesnt have that rubber handle. I think it is a lot more accessable to always have it open and not having to possibly have it in a different place. I also like that the grips handle is built into the strap becuase it is one less working component on the bag that could fail but you can also look at it as if it does fail then more than one thing are now bad.

I didn't quite understand this specific part

he is saying that it being one piece means its less likely to come apart. rather than being a separate handle sewn on.

anyone remember the crappy water bottle holders on the Revo Dual Pack? god those were terrible!!

I didn't quite understand this specific part

Pretty much what I was getting at was that when you see that rubber handle on other bags it is always flopping around and ca sometimes be annoying. From the pictures it looks like it might be cmpletely rigid but idk. And that having the seperate handle is just another place where the bag can fail.

Pretty much what I was getting at was that when you see that rubber handle on other bags it is always flopping around and ca sometimes be annoying. From the pictures it looks like it might be cmpletely rigid but idk. And that having the seperate handle is just another place where the bag can fail.

ah ok, thanks for clarifying

I will be sure to get direct comparison real life pics when my catalyst comes in. A buddy of mine has the only Grip A series in the area

I think that will help a bunch of people who might be on the fence. At least theoretically.

I think the hardest part about all of these bags (no matter the company and how they do their business) is that we can't touch any of them. Until someone buys one and I could see it, I'd be really apprehensive to pick any of them up, e.g. Flak, Catalyst, Ergo 2, etc.

I think that will help a bunch of people who might be on the fence. At least theoretically.

I think the hardest part about all of these bags (no matter the company and how they do their business) is that we can't touch any of them. Until someone buys one and I could see it, I'd be really apprehensive to pick any of them up, e.g. Flak, Catalyst, Ergo 2, etc.

I agree completely. It would be awesome to see a city with a ton of disc golfers put together a side by side comparison with all the top bags. I'd almost be willing to chip in to fund that happening

I agree completely. It would be awesome to see a city with a ton of disc golfers put together a side by side comparison with all the top bags. I'd almost be willing to chip in to fund that happening

Well i have started that project but its a work in progress, especially since several new bags and improvements get released every year. And surprisingly DFW does not contain every single top bag to compare

I would come. But I have a grip. Those aren't hard to come by.

I'm increasingly curious about the Ergo 2, but it seems John has gone the way of Gorilla Boy and is making them to order.

Honestly, I wish I could get my hands on a Mojo and find straps that make it fit to my lower back. I miss my Mojo.

DgFanatic, are you the dude with the youtube video?

I would come. But I have a grip. Those aren't hard to come by.

I'm increasingly curious about the Ergo 2, but it seems John has gone the way of Gorilla Boy and is making them to order.

Honestly, I wish I could get my hands on a Mojo and find straps that make it fit to my lower back. I miss my Mojo.

DgFanatic, are you the dude with the youtube video?

yes sir..that was a very, uh improvised attempt and the number of bags i was expecting did not equal to the bags that actually showed up. I hope to re do the video eventually

-I dont like the fact that if you wantyour bag to carry a stool in the catalyst then you have to keep one of the pockets always empty so that youcan put it inside of the pocket, also seems like a flaw to me because your stool is bound to bring debris in if you put it in and out of your bag.

i agree, and was going to try and put the stool in one of the drink holders and then use a strap on the d-ring

Yeah, recently I finally saw someone w/Voodoo stuff here in Louisville. Normally U see folks w/a Grip bag maybe, but recently I saw both a Karma and a Spinal Tap. I got to try on the Spinal Tap and it felt real nice. The Karma had quads on it and I didn't try it on but it looked really nice. The Karma has been my leading choice for a new bag to date and I think it still is. Altho if I have more money free at tax time maybe I would bite the bullet for a Spinal Tap.

Keeping an open mind and it's just as well I don't have the money to buy anything right now, they don't have my first color choice in stock for the Karma right now, let alone ANY Spinal Taps heh. I'll see what is on the market and what looks best when I have money, probably ~February

So, if all goes as planned we may have our bags within two weeks. That's exciting!!

"Bags will be arriving at port late next week, it's then a 2 hour drive to our warehouse!! Bags shipped after Thanksgiving holiday via UPS. Thanks for being patient and don't worry we have enough bags that no one will wait again for our bags to be in stock. Early pre-order supporters will receive a free disc...."

Just FYI, if anyone here has any issues with their bag what so ever. CONTACT ME FIRST. I want to work with you to get any problems fixed :)

"Just FYI, if anyone here has any issues with their bag what so ever. CONTACT ME FIRST. I want to work with you to get any problems fixed :)

No offense whatsoever, but why should we contact you instead of Salient directly? You've been awesome on here and I don't want to discount that, but I wouldn't mind an answer to this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.