• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are bags still expected to get here first week of December? I've been considering dipping the bottom of the bag for what will probably be another rough winter here in MN, anyone else plan on rubberizing?

I would guess dipping it would void the warranty, since it's permanent.

I would think the opposite. you are improving the bag. but i guess i could see it either way. maybe Salient should just dip them first. then ship them.

me either. but it would be a good idea. or offer it as a service. for $X.XX you can have your bag plastidipped.

I would guess dipping it would void the warranty, since it's permanent.

It would likely depend. If you plastidip the bottom and the mini pocket zipper falls off, then they'd have a hard time arguing that you caused the defect by plastidipping.

How can you watch this video. and not think this will be a quality bag for over $100 less than a GRIP.

I dont understand the logic.

How can you watch this video. and not think this will be a quality bag for over $100 less than a GRIP.

It's just different perceptions tourney. Some see it as cheap, some see it as just as good quality. It will speak for itself when it arrives

To me, and this is truly just a honest not combative opinion... It looks kinda cheep to me, but I understand that they are looking to capture that less expensive market. I would be slightly concerned that the putters would keep sliding out of the putter pockets like that, but if they don't that is a very innovative design feature.

The construction looks not top of the line, but then again it's a middle market product, but then again I'm coming from the perspective of being a Golf Mahal owner which is about as top of the line as you can get. Looks kinda plastic-ity to me but that could just be the video too... I'm also a big fan of lots of extra storage and to me it wouldn't have enough extra storage, but once again I tend to pack a lot with me since I have a Mahal.

To me it looks a lot like most of the other backpack bags, very similar to a grip but having never used either in person it would be had for me to be sure on that.

From that video it doesn't look revolutionary to me, just a normal looking backpack bag...but maybe what's special about it is providing all the features of the higher end backpack bags at a much less expensive price point

And there are some of us that think the exact oppisite of this. Everybody has their opinion.

To me, and this is truly just a honest not combative opinion... It looks kinda cheep to me, but I understand that they are looking to capture that less expensive market. I would be slightly concerned that the putters would keep sliding out of the putter pockets like that, but if they don't that is a very innovative design feature.

The construction looks not top of the line, but then again it's a middle market product, but then again I'm coming from the perspective of being a Golf Mahal owner which is about as top of the line as you can get. Looks kinda plastic-ity to me but that could just be the video too... I'm also a big fan of lots of extra storage and to me it wouldn't have enough extra storage, but once again I tend to pack a lot with me since I have a Mahal.

To me it looks a lot like most of the other backpack bags, very similar to a grip but having never used either in person it would be had for me to be sure on that.

From that video it doesn't look revolutionary to me, just a normal looking backpack bag...but maybe what's special about it is providing all the features of the higher end backpack bags at a much less expensive price point

this is it exactly. it looks like it will do everything my grip does. for almost half the price. i agree, its not as sexy looking. but it looks very functional. the materials look good to me. i dont think it looks cheap at all.

this is it exactly. it looks like it will do everything my grip does. for almost half the price. i agree, its not as sexy looking. but it looks very functional. the materials look good to me. i dont think it looks cheap at all.

For me its the functional aspects of the bag that are intriguing. Granted, none of us can say for sure, but at the lower price point, if the bag can handle all of my casual and tournament round needs I'll be happy.

I am also optimistic about the durability of the bag given the materials used.

For me its the functional aspects of the bag that are intriguing. Granted, none of us can say for sure, but at the lower price point, if the bag can handle all of my casual and tournament round needs I'll be happy.

I am also optimistic about the durability of the bag given the materials used.

Very optimistic considering you already changed the bag you use in your sig lol

I'd agree with "Very". :thmbup:

It will be a step up from my Fade Crunch regardless.

Since i am bored, I am posting several comparison pics of the catalyst to the grip. Whenever I get my bag, I will get with the only A Series owner in my area and do real life comparison pics as well

28iz4h0.jpg

my wife ordered it because....
its all about the small/med. size, and best bang for your buck

i have a Grip A because.....
its all about the med./large size, and best bag no matter the buck

Ok so here are my thoughts on the comparison collage.

First picture- Left

-First thing i notice right away is the curvature of the grip, its sleeker than the catalyst.
-Next thing I notice is the logos. The Grip changed their logo to a more bold screen printed look. While the catalyst went with an embroidered logo and only put one on the top where the mini pocket is. I do wish there were more double helix logos somewhere but this makes a great canvas for patch lovers.
- Next is the shoulder straps, again the grips are more curved versus a straighter strap on the catalyst. The sternum buckle isn't as high on the catalyst as it is the grip. and it appears to me that the Grip straps are thinner than the catalyst
-The cup holders are more integrated into the grip than the catalyst but both appear to be able to hold 32oz bottles. Neither have tightening abilities with cords but maybe the grip can hold a smaller size bottle more snug than the catalyst? won't know til it gets here
- I honestly believe the Catalyst has the grip beat on non disc storage because of those two huge side pockets of different sizes. And being able to hold a stool inside the side pocket is a lot less hassle than having it buckled on the outside in my experience.
- I also prefer where the pencil pockets are on the catalyst. It's a pain to dip down to get a pencil based on my experience with the contender. Not sure where the Grip's pencil pockets are honestly.
- I have always been fond of the Grip's putter quiver, very innovative but i think the go get it slot will be just as good, or at least I hope :) one thing is for sure it will be a lot better than a traditional putter pouch
-Based on these two pictures, It appears they are made of the same material, though in the video and other pictures, it may look cheap

Picture 2, middle
- Right away I can see the Catalyst is skinnier than the grip. could be zoom, could be angle, but this what I see. And this also makes sense sense the grip is advertised as a full tourney pack versus the catalyst as a medium sized pack
- The depth of the grip is more than the catalyst, but I feel from watching the video the depth of the catalyst shouldn't be detrimental to discs falling out of the main compartment
- There is no zippered slot on the flap of the main compartment on the catalyst like the grip, but the go get it slot covers that function nicely and more efficiently i feel seeing that it can hold 4 drivers or mids.
- Again, my small necessities needing to be towards the top for me, im glad the mini pocket is at the top of the catalyst. Not sure where the designated mini pocket for the grip is.

Picture 3- Right
- First off sorry its hard to see the grip straps, only pic i could find of the back. Now its obvious it compares the L and A series but lets see how both compare to the catalyst.
-From this angle its honestly hard to tell the thickness of the padding on the catalyst. My gut tells me it's more than the L series but less than the A series? What do yall think?
-Again comparing the straps from the first pic and the catalyst straps in this pic i feel the catalyst are wider but the Grips curve into the body more. And based on my contender experience those catalyst straps will break in to a more comfortable shape as they contour to your body from use.
- I personally don't like the fact that the carrying handle of the Grip is integrated into the straps, I would be very weary of its use long term, which is why i prefer the strong rubber handle on the catalyst. Exactly like the one from my contender.

It's very clear both bags have their pros and cons. Ultimately it comes down to peoples preferences and budgets. Its known that the Catalyst price is 150 shipped, versus the A series 252 shipped or for certain colors currently 222 shipped. But if the putter quiver from the grip means that much to that person they are going to spend the extra money. It's funny how disc golfers, myself included, shop some times :)

The pencil pockets are up toward the putter quiver. Essentially in the same spot that the Catalyst's are.

I'd be more interested to see them side by side in the same picture, same angle.

The pencil pockets are up toward the putter quiver. Essentially in the same spot that the Catalyst's are.

I'd be more interested to see them side by side in the same picture, same angle.

I will be sure to get direct comparison real life pics when my catalyst comes in. A buddy of mine has the only Grip A series in the area

Status
Not open for further replies.