• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense whatsoever, but why should we contact you instead of Salient directly? You've been awesome on here and I don't want to discount that, but I wouldn't mind an answer to this question.

Because too many times I have come across customers that say they can't get a hold of Chris. There haven't been many issues but that means it makes it easier for me to be along side those that may be having issues that much easier. This is merely a suggestion but to know someone is working hard to make sure they are taken care of right is really comforting to them, even though they don't know me and I don't know them. Plus i just love customer service :)

Maybe you should tell Chris that he should make it easier to get ahold of HIM then for customers.

Maybe you should tell Chris that he should make it easier to get ahold of HIM then for customers.

Believe me i have forwarded the feedback to him. he is running three businesses. i am currently helping a guy with his contender on facebook. He is very appreciative of that

Believe me i have forwarded the feedback to him. he is running three businesses. i am currently helping a guy with his contender on facebook. He is very appreciative of that

This is admirable on your part. However, it is a big red flag for prospective customers if they already know the main people at the company are tough to get in touch with. Many people had this same problem with Big Hyzer and the Ergo launch. Hopefully Salient can realize that having too many irons in the fire is not a productive way to function.

Because too many times I have come across customers that say they can't get a hold of Chris. There haven't been many issues but that means it makes it easier for me to be along side those that may be having issues that much easier. This is merely a suggestion but to know someone is working hard to make sure they are taken care of right is really comforting to them, even though they don't know me and I don't know them. Plus i just love customer service :)

I appreciate this and if I do have an issue I will be contacting both Salient and you to figure out a resolution.

One piece of advice, don't open doors to potential criticism by being overly helpful.

I appreciate this and if I do have an issue I will be contacting both Salient and you to figure out a resolution.

One piece of advice, don't open doors to potential criticism by being overly helpful.

yeah I'm starting to think that's really good advice lol. it's more of a just in case kind of deal but yeah I get it

No one anticipates getting herpes, either, but they still make condoms, right?

My point is, it's good to be able to get a hold of someone at the company directly.

Once the reviews of these start coming out, I may get one. I want to see how the first runs are with a couple weeks of play. I definitely am getting a backpack sometime around new year though.

No popcorn needed. Just making the point in response to mattc saying he didn't anticipate any problems. No one ever does, but there still needs to be a way to fix them if they happen.

No popcorn needed. Just making the point in response to mattc saying he didn't anticipate any problems. No one ever does, but there still needs to be a way to fix them if they happen.

Trust me I wasn't attacking you I'm just excited the Salient thread has come back to life :clap:

Definitely didn't take it as an attack. Just don't want it to be viewed as something that'll throw this thread off the rails again. But I think it is naive to think there wilk be no problems with a new rollout. But if Salient has as many bags as they say, then warranty claims should go smoothly. Just worried about the communication for people who have purchased. Personally - and this is not a knock on dgfanatic in any way - I would not want to have to rely on a forum intermediary in the event I had an issue.

Just FYI, if anyone here has any issues with their bag what so ever. CONTACT ME FIRST. I want to work with you to get any problems fixed :)

This is also not a knock on dgfantatic in any way because he really comes across as a solid dude, but a statement like this sounds like you're anticipating problems with the bags and want to do crowd control well in advance of the product getting into the hands of the people.

This is also not a knock on dgfantatic in any way because he really comes across as a solid dude, but a statement like this sounds like you're anticipating problems with the bags and want to do crowd control well in advance of the product getting into the hands of the people.

I guess I could see that point of view here, but given what we know about how trying to contact Kilgus, I think him trying to head people off at the pass here makes sense. Doesn't really make me think the product is bad, but between being a doctor and running 3 companies, Kilgus has too much on his plate it seems and that doesn't inspire the most confidence.

I'm not so sure about the quick access putter pocket. I think it's a cool look, but I'm a little concerned about how it holds up against rain. The exterior bag material is weather proof and will keep water out, but why is the putter pocket opening velcro and why is the opening facing up? Assuming rain is flowing downward from the top of the bag, the way the pocket is orientated looks like water could and would start collecting inside that pocket even if it's closed.

Next next concern is how water proof the insides of the pockets are themselves? Assuming it's the same as a physical flight bag interior, If I have a can or bottle leak inside any pocket will it seep through to other compartments?

Status
Not open for further replies.