• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
anything you say can and will be used against you

just pointing out, there are 2 optimistic assumptions supporting a promise within that statement. y'all really gotta learn to analyze what you put out there. same mistake over and over of optimistic assumptions and promises.

the last quick-in-out-US-Customs I followed included an unexpected 3-week delay by Customs checks. grip's launch included mostly unsalable error bags. I know the time a good and efficient QC takes (I'm trained on Grip QC). all good reasons not to assume the best/fastest/error-freeness and base promises on it.

this thread turns common sense into bullying.

I tend to believe the Salient rep on this one.

As an owner of a pre-ordered Contender (v.1.0) I can attest that when the bags arrived from the manufacturing facility they were shipped right out even though the mini pocket was smaller and sternum strap was higher than specified. The mini pocket was in fact so small it would not reliably contain a mini, and the sternum straps were so high that they rode just below my neck (I'm 5'9").

The question is: "what would cause the new bags to fail QC."

I tend to believe the Salient rep on this one.

As an owner of a pre-ordered Contender (v.1.0) I can attest that when the bags arrived from the manufacturing facility they were shipped right out even though the mini pocket was smaller and sternum strap was higher than specified. The mini pocket was in fact so small it would not reliably contain a mini, and the sternum straps were so high that they rode just below my neck (I'm 5'9").

The question is: "what would cause the new bags to fail QC."

Thats a good question and honestly I am not sure what all entails in the QC check so im not sure what would cause them to fail

let me specify If you were talking about the frame rubbing and wearing, no. it's always typical
to see the bottom wear due to it being down on the ground but even though it doesn't have rails it does have durable rubber feet which slow the wear down greatly and keeps the bag level on slopes

Those rubber feet are worthless and do NOTHING to keep the bag off the ground. That said, the materials are high enough quality to stand up on their own in my opinion. The feet are a waste of time and materials in my opinion. Could offer an even lower priced bag without them or a higher quality bag with rails.

Those rubber feet are worthless and do NOTHING to keep the bag off the ground. That said, the materials are high enough quality to stand up on their own in my opinion. The feet are a waste of time and materials in my opinion. Could offer an even lower priced bag without them or a higher quality bag with rails.

pretty sure they do something.... think of them as little tiny cleates for the bag, they grip the ground on slopes especially and creates friction between the bag and ground which holds the bag there. they may not seem like they are doing much but I doubt hyzer bomb would make the same mistake if they didn't do anything. they aren't as effective as rails, but they work imo

No, they don't "keep the bag off the ground," but they do provide traction and friction on slopes.

They obviously do something or else salient wouldn't have even bothered to put them there.. You also have to keep in thought that where you put your discs and how they're placed in the bag also affects on how it stands up. I'm interested to see how salient constructed the frame to hold and support all the weight it may be holding.. I'm sure they did a great job and I know that the rubber feet do help

Rubber feet create the illusion of usefulness to the tune of more expensive.

They obviously do something or else salient wouldn't have even bothered to put them there.. You also have to keep in thought that where you put your discs and how they're placed in the bag also affects on how it stands up. I'm interested to see how salient constructed the frame to hold and support all the weight it may be holding.. I'm sure they did a great job and I know that the rubber feet do help

I feel like it's worth noting that a company might add something you think to be useful so you will buy the product.

Rubber feet create the illusion of usefulness to the tune of more expensive.

Even if the purpose of the feet were purely aesthetics, leaving them off would not make that much of a price difference. Especially when the bag is already half the price of their competitors.

After customs don't they need to go through QC?

yes but as i stated earlier im not sure what all they do for a QC. So it could just be a quick check of each bag, maybe try them on? i don't know but it sounded like it wouldn't take that long

Status
Not open for further replies.