• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

unicorn.jpg

its all about Marketshare. u smart and savvy business guys should know that.

if the Grip was priced at 252 right now. no way 75% of the people who just bought them actually do. and guess what just hit the market??? a backpack bag at a reasonable price. sure the CS is suspect. but the bag is quality.

pull your heads out of the sand. ( or wherever it may be)

Yes and I am sure that WalMart dropped all of their prices too at nearly the same time because they were afraid of Salient stealing their market share also... Brilliant deduction there Watson

I don't mind if a Company makes a little on shipping as long as they state the shipping charges up front. It does suck if you have to set up a order in cart, enter shipping info then find out they charge double for shipping.

Yes and I am sure that WalMart dropped all of their prices too at nearly the same time because they were afraid of Salient stealing their market share also... Brilliant deduction there Watson

LOL!!! u comparing Grip to Walmart?

Walmart is already the low cost place buddy. Grip was not. they needed to get to Walmarts prices to compete.

Looks to me like they wanna make some extra cash on shipping. Shipping my PF Contender back for warranty work cost less that $10 and I know it doesn't cost Salient $20 to ship out bags...

Just one more thing that makes you go, "hmmmm."

ill bet a robot doesn't ship them out, supplies are likely used b/c I think they come in a box which could be considered over-sized assuming its not crammed in there like a sardine.. WOW'

go ship some things. A dinky medium flat rate is over $10 and that wouldn't fit a 1/3 of this thing.

LOL!!! u comparing Grip to Walmart?

Walmart is already the low cost place buddy. Grip was not. they needed to get to Walmarts prices to compete.

Geez are you really that dense? The point was that this is the time of the year when everybody runs a sale. People are in the buying mood because of the holiday and most businesses like to reduce their stock with end of year budgets coming up.

If Grip was quivering in their boots because of market share why didn't they dive on price when the spinal tap came out or any other bag that has came out this year? Your premise is like Microsoft getting all freaked out if I wrote a program to run my computer. They simply wouldn't care...which in my opinion is the same thing with Grip.

Geez are you really that dense? The point was that this is the time of the year when everybody runs a sale. People are in the buying mood because of the holiday and most businesses like to reduce their stock with end of year budgets coming up.

If Grip was quivering in their boots because of market share why didn't they dive on price when the spinal tap came out or any other bag that has came out this year? Your premise is like Microsoft getting all freaked out if I wrote a program to run my computer. They simply wouldn't care...which in my opinion is the same thing with Grip.

the Spinal Tap wasnt $100 less. if it was, anyone who bought a Grip got screwed. and honestly. looking at how well the Catalyst is made, I would say that anybody who paid $252 for a Grip, already got screwed. especially since they dropped the price. if it stays that low, i think its a given that the Grip is the way to go. if it goes back to 252, its debatable.

All DG backpack bags are overpriced. I'm not buying one till they are down there with fishing tackle backpacks. 75 bucks would be reasonable.

the Spinal Tap wasnt $100 less. if it was, anyone who bought a Grip got screwed. and honestly. looking at how well the Catalyst is made, I would say that anybody who paid $252 for a Grip, already got screwed. especially since they dropped the price. if it stays that low, i think its a given that the Grip is the way to go. if it goes back to 252, its debatable.

You know what you are right...I am sure as soon as Grip heard about the Catalyst they freaked out and went into damage control mode.

"How the heck can we compete with a start up that is making a smaller budget product that doesn't even really compete with our product? I know we need to drop our price to compete so we don't go out of business because they do everything way better then we do"

Just for the record I don't normally hold grudges, but you've dragged me into things before and as far as I am concerned from this point going forward you are dead to me sir

then put me on ignore.

and they are in competition with the Grip. they are a backpack bag. so if someone has 170 bucks to spend on a bag. Grip is 252, Catalyst is 154. well, thats a pretty easy decision.

but when the price of the Grip is within 20 bucks, its obvious to go with the Grip.

you really have no clue what you are arguing about.

I would feel salty as hell if I paid retail for a grip and they did this price drop.. If grip is the Microsoft of DG bags then they might owe their loyal customers a refund or some compensation as generally when you buy an item from a reputable retailer and it goes on major discount they will give you the price difference in a form of credit, gift card or other compensation.

go crazy how? i may have done that in the past with the prometheus review but if they were to give negative points or a bad review, i would want to know why, make note of it and report it back to salient so we can make the next run of bags even better. The longer i am with salient the more jobs i am given to do and im excited about it. None the less i am sure they will find some use for the bag whether they use it any way or decide to sell it

Completely unwarranted... While I have been one of the biggest critics of Salient... DFFanatic has been pretty upright and except for way overhyping the bag when it was announced (and he has apologized for that) and a little over expressive about only one person working at Salient (which he also apologized for, he's not really been the one to go after people that have negative comments. There have been other individuals that are guilty of that.

Yea dgfanantic and kilgus had a fit when I gave my personal review of the prometheus, because I didnt praise and worship it. I spoke my mind and gave my honest opinion and review of the disc and they did nothing but bash me. No ammounts of "I'm sorries" will make me change my mind on salient. I also do not personally like how the prometheus and the bag were just hyped into sales instead of letting the products speak for themselves. They did a good with the antidote because they didnt turn on the hype machine. But my mind is set on the company and its' products.

then put me on ignore.

and they are in competition with the Grip. they are a backpack bag. so if someone has 170 bucks to spend on a bag. Grip is 252, Catalyst is 154. well, thats a pretty easy decision.

but when the price of the Grip is within 20 bucks, its obvious to go with the Grip.

you really have no clue what you are arguing about.

You realize the Grip is only 176 right now right?

grip had overstock and they wanted to move bags. i guarantee it had nothing to do with the catalyst. Id be willing to bet they don't even care about the catalyst.

grip had overstock and they wanted to move bags. i guarantee it had nothing to do with the catalyst. Id be willing to bet they don't even care about the catalyst.

NOOOOO!!!!!! How dare you say that!!!! It's obvious that they were freaking out because of the Catalyst... Tourneyplayer said that was the case.

ok sacasm done... now.

Good comment :hfive:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Catalyst did have an impact on the Grip price drop. The bag market itself is very small. And the backpack market is a subset of that. Even tiny ripples in the market can have a big impact on the bottom line for everyone involved.

How many people bought the Catalyst rather than the Grip because of price? How many were considering the Catalyst, but then went to Grip because of the price drop?

Probably more than you think.

oh boy. yes i do. i was saying that anyone who thinks the drop had ZERO to do with Salient is crazy.

and Mr. Glass,

How can you guarantee it had nothing to do with it?

cause i am smart and know everything about everything:p

salient is not on grips radar. It would like apple being worried about acer putting out a new tablet. Not in the same class so they don't worry. Comparing the grip to the catalyst is only fair because they are both backpacks. Other than that they are completely different. If grip wanted the demographic that is attracted to the catalyst they would make a new bag not dilute the value of current offerings. grip ordered ton of bags in all colors, they had no clue that the non standard colors would sell so well in comparison to the black and grey bags. Instead of sitting on the inventory for some time, they threw golfers a bone and had a sale. it happens sometimes. well more than sometimes.

Last edited:

Exactly. I think it just speaks to Salient's long-established pattern of hubris for them to think that they were responsible for the Grip price drop. It's called holiday sales.

I know, man. Those invisible bottom straps on kevreef's bag were revolutionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.