• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shoulder timing

Working on the fall into rotation. Feels different for sure, almost like the front hip going down is what initiates the throw. Super high reach back and it looks like my turn and shift are out of sync, really focusing on falling down and it was easier to do with that.

Yeah, you turn back too early and starting tipping/falling over head first, instead of falling butt first and turning back while striding hips forward.

Work on Loading the Bow and Arrow and Door Frame Drills.
tyler tip over bh side.png

Im definitely 'feeling' the difference in the drills you mentioned, just having a tough time translating it to standstill throws. I think in the figure 8 drill video, you mention starting the throw when the disc is out in front (forward address i think you call it), at that point Im focusing on bracing against the inner part of my back foot, and in turn i want to immediately lift up my front foot and start shifting forward. But looking at your old standstill video, it looks like you start shifting/lifting plant foot up about halfway during the backswing. Not sure if the brace described should be more of a linear build up maybe? Sorry for long post/hope that makes sense.

You have no rear hip hinge/forward spine/chest tilt toward knees in your backswing. So you are lifting your chest up out of compression/taking off the pressure cooker of the tilted spiral as SC would say.
tyler rear hip no hinge banana.jpg

Latest posts