• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Special Run of CFR Glo Gators

What should be stamped on the CFR Glo Gator?

• DX Gator Stamp

Votes: 92 39.5%
  • Protostar Stamp

Votes: 33 14.2%
  • Bar Stamp

Votes: 29 12.4%
  • Kangaroo Xing

Votes: 21 9.0%
  • Old Circle Stamp

Votes: 53 22.7%
  • Innova Factory Store

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
Has anyone seen a Purple Main Stamped 1st Run Glow Champion Gator? All im missing I think... Thanks again apdrvya!!

picture.php

w00t!

I've never thrown a gator, but I was intrigued by the 200+ pages of discussion on these and the marketplace hype for first runs. I just picked up a glow gator, and used the boiling water method the flatten it out. Here's a tip, more of a word of caution that I want to share.

Use a clean, flat cooking tray to put the boiling water in. I was worried that the stamp on my gator might be damaged by the boiling water and the surface of my cooking tray, so I put wax paper down first. Bad idea. The stamp was well protected, but the boiling water melted the wax and now my disc is covered in it. Hoping rubbing alcohol gets it off.

I read through about 80% of the posts in this thread, but I'm still not clear on this: Are these glow gators the same mold/shape as the highly desirable 1st runs and production run "champion gator" stamps discs? Or are these the same as the current CFR ones that don't seem nearly as popular? Are those of you who have thrown the glows and the first runs noticing any real differences in flight?

I didn't even use a cookie sheet or anything, just set my discs on the counter, and poured the boiling water right in, up to the 3/4th mark.

Having never thrown a first run gator, I couldn't tell you the comparison, but I do know that these things are bad f***in' a$$, regardless.

UPDATE on the flattening of my glow gator: Ok, well I think putting the stamp face down in the boiling water did negatively affect it, because as I lightly washed it by hand the stamp has started to flake off in a few spots. Did this happen to anyone else? It's still mostly there, but has a rustic look now. Also, I let it sit and cool for hours before moving it, and there is NO dome now, but it has clovered slightly :\

Should I put more boiling water in and just lay the disc face down on the counter with some weights inside to try and fix the slight warp, or do you think that will only make it worse?

blammo. just lay the disc on the counter and fill it with boiling water. no weight. this should get it to go down or up. IF this dies not fix it. Place ice water in the bottom of large bowl. The bowl has to be able to support the disc using the walls of the bowl. Pour boiling water into the disc. the ice and the heat on opposite sides will suck the dome back into the disc. crap that was long sorry

i just got a couple in the mail, can anyone please give a quick rundown of the run differences (looks and stability)?

i just got a couple in the mail, can anyone please give a quick rundown of the run differences (looks and stability)?

The only "run" difference is 1st run was flatter and had sparkles in the plastic.

2nd run and beyond had no sparkles and was more domey.

Use a clean, flat cooking tray to put the boiling water in. I was worried that the stamp on my gator might be damaged by the boiling water and the surface of my cooking tray, so I put wax paper down first. Bad idea. The stamp was well protected, but the boiling water melted the wax and now my disc is covered in it. Hoping rubbing alcohol gets it off.

Dont bother next time, ive never had the stamp effected by the boilign water trick.

threw it during lunch, pure beef.

doubt i'll bother flattening, the dome isn't that bad.

Latest posts