• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Spin?

Haha Yup on the cheap out here. Guys were donating tin to me to get me to build my disc course. It's 4" chimney pipe dents up a lot.. But it works. Cortes uses old propane tanks and they sound awesome.

Got a CTP with the 166 proton Spin today downhill 200' soft lefty anhyzer, got the playoff ctp with it too with a dead straight and straight fade shot at 150'.

Love this thing I thought it would flip though on a 45 degree downhill tunnel. I should have had more faith in a straight shot. It did exactly what I told it to and held a soft hyzer just off track.

I always enjoyed playing on tonepoles. Hearing the sound was always a reason for celebration, especially when the pole couldn't be seen. Unlike hearing chains and then finding the disc beside the basket.

I wonder--does the overmold make the sound of the disc striking the target louder than if there was no overmold?

Last edited:
I always enjoyed playing on tonepoles. Hearing the sound was always a reason for celebration, especially when the pole couldn't be seen. Unlike hearing chains and then finding the disc beside the basket.

I wonder--does the overmold make the sound of the disc striking the target louder than if there was no overmold?

Yeah man I grew up with tones there is still the original 9 at the public course + 18 baskets. I think you are right there's even a better sound with gyro.. Its a firmer ring, hits like a champ! Thanks for the Spin love man.

Now I'm wondering how many tonepole courses are left. (And hoop courses.) Does anybody even make commercial tonepoles?

What's up with the couple of Neutron Spins I've seen around? Are these a thing now?

Edit - it's cool, I googled it. New for January along with the 10 anny Ions. Cool!

Last edited:
I just got one of the black with white rim, recycled Neutron Spins.... I need to spend some time with it, but it is a great feeling disc.

Look forward to trying it out.

I putt with them. They just seem to come out of my hands nicely.

Nice! Is that exclusively as a putter?

I generally use em for approach, I like em for putting tonals. Been a damn decent disc! I can always count on it to hold a turn and they putt nice in tight spots.

Nice! Is that exclusively as a putter?

I generally use em for approach, I like em for putting tonals.

I use an R2 plastic Spin for some approaches, and electron exclusively as a putting putter.

They are slowly being elbowed out by a K3 and K1 soft Berg, which almost seems like a cheater disc. You can throw it as hard as you like and it they always seem to flop 10' from the basket. Not bad as a putting putter either.