• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Spin?

Sweet man glad you got a Spin.. I would list it as a must try from MVP just because it is their most understable disc. After throwing my proton one it made the bag quickly, seemed like about a quick 3 week break in period for me to get mine nicely understable.

My bag is Spin, P Envy, and soft E Envy so I think you will still have space for your proxy..

Forgive my lack of not searching and laziness.

Does the Spin have the curved inside rim like an Ion does?

Yes.. High top too lots of air and most glide out of the whole lot.. Bevelled underside rim same as Vertex (better Meteor)... very similar to an improved Magic

Last edited:
Thanks bud. Focused on Mexico South Korea. I'll wait for the Axiom version with a flat inside rim.

I don't blame you I prefer that rim that's one of the big reasons I dropped Anodes for the Envy... I loved the Spin when I got it, obsessed about the rim a few weeks later but eventually bagged it and likely can't live without it until an Axiom equivalent shows up...

Vertex doubles on a lot of mid to longer and upshots I use the Spin for and it has a square shallow inside rim if you have the plastic fever. I have no problem controlling my 174 fits a straight/ proxy kinda slot at 120' but powered up also holds an anny and reacts more like a Spin at 150'+

Been working on my finesse game with the Comet and decided to grab a 172g P Spin. Played around with it a bit yesterday and it's slow, floaty fun. Definitey takes some adjustment since I'm throwing Envys and Atoms but I made a couple of cool turning upshots with it. Also tried a couple of long outside the circle putt runs, close but no cigar. Its lack of fade is pretty cool on long putts.

Gonna bag it for a bit and see what I can do with it.

Here's my mini review on the Spin:

Finally got the chance to throw the Spin on the course last evening. This disc shares the rarified air that the Star Mirage breathes - an understable putter mold that in premium plastic actually flies understable off the shelf. Thrown low and flat, this will turn and skitter into the forest ground without a cut. Thrown a little higher and I was getting a gradual turn from the get and enough fade to end left of center on a little 150ft tunnel shot.

In comparison to the Magic, this flies more US off the shelf than SSS and superglow. Magic is maybe a tad longer, but the Spin does have plenty of glide, able to pull of a lofting anny to the basket around an obstacle without falling out of the air or requiring excessive wrist/spin action. Also keep in mind that these discs have a very similar profile.

Speaking of glide or lack thereof, I'd say this compares favorably to the Deputy for throwing. I don't intend to do much putting with either, but the Deputy edges out the Spin in the hand feel department - I don't think the spin feels bad per se, but that gradual transition from rim to flightplate characteristic of the ion/anode/spin could really rub someone the wrong way.

With my present setup of daggers for putting and premium plastic putters for driving/approaching, this one went right in the bag alongside a proxy/envy. I would consider trying an ion or anode over a proxy in this setup as it would encroach on my mids a little less, and I'm not really throwing the dagger anyway. I also tend to start scratching my head a bit and think, "hm, maybe a particle/atom/spin combo?? The particle might overlap with my beloved mortar a tad... hmmmmmmm" It's not easy juggling so many great options out there.

Anyone else notice that their Spin, Anode or Ion in proton plastic taco'd shockingly easy after a relatively gentle tree hit? Literally after one wooded round, I noticed my new spin was warped enough... Well, warped enough to notice with a naked eye. Wobbled on table. I sat a stack of discs on top of it and left it for hours, and tried to tune it a bit back to normal. Now it's close to where it started. Still, kind of odd and disappointing considering part of the draw of the spin was the durability in proton.

I swear, I am this close to just throwing my mirage and calling it good.

Anyone else notice that their Spin, Anode or Ion in proton plastic taco'd shockingly easy after a relatively gentle tree hit? Literally after one wooded round, I noticed my new spin was warped enough... Well, warped enough to notice with a naked eye. Wobbled on table. I sat a stack of discs on top of it and left it for hours, and tried to tune it a bit back to normal. Now it's close to where it started. Still, kind of odd and disappointing considering part of the draw of the spin was the durability in proton.

I swear, I am this close to just throwing my mirage and calling it good.

honestly no. I have been throwing my p spin for w while and it look almost new. That sucks.

Even electron doesnt "taco easily" after a tree hit and that plastic sucks for durability.

Never has happend with neutron or proton and ive bent the hell out of them on purpose. Only time I get warped ANY premium from most companies making discs is b/c of storage. Little warm water or sun and g2g. Hell ive had dome pop back up 2 days after microwaving flat a domey P vector. Seems real odd for proton and never an issue with softer P/N blends.

Crap man that sucks. I haven't warped any of my mvp stuff with tree hits.. Even with severe sun exposure the only thing I've done is crack the tops on some mediums.

I'm pretty careful how tight I fill my bag, I warped my whitler storing it in the nutsac and have done the same to other discs trying to squeeze in one more... The two I have warped from mvp are a Neutron Envy which was lying on the dirt road/ yard area and someone drove over it... and a Servo that someone shipped to me carefully wrapped in tight shrink wrap that was super tacod it actually seems to have flattened out a bit over the last few years just laying around and I tried reshaping it plenty when it happened.

Hey so that crazy proton Spin......

I'm loving mine in the bag, I don't use it as much as I should but played some 3 disc yesterday and man it drops straight and floats like a dream. It shaped all the shots I needed under 200'.

Maybe it's just because it flies more like conventional putters... but what's happening out there anyone else want to throw out some love for what appears to be an underrated disc?

It's a staple in my gyro bag. Necessary for all those old school lines that require the magical combo of glide and understability. Great deep range putter too.

It's a staple in my gyro bag. Necessary for all those old school lines that require the magical combo of glide and understability. Great deep range putter too.

They sure are sweet I was thinking about getting a 175g proton Spin to see what difference 10g would make... looks like a bunch of sellers are sold out. I also noticed they make it 155g now I don't know which one to put on the wishlist first...

I played with a guy today that putted with Spins. He was holding it down. I big putted him a couple of times with my Plaz Ion though. *tips hat to elmexdela*

Hey nailed a killer 70'+ putt on a hanging tonal 15' up on Sunday with the Spin. Just a frickin laser on a small hyzer. It rallied our doubles round and squeezed in a win. I wasn't hitting the tones with the soft Envy so I switched after 7 holes and started nailing them with proton Spin. I'm going to try to remember to putt tones with it more in the future, seems to ring a bell haha...

^^WTF are tones and a hanging tonal? Hope it's not as painful as a hanging toenail.