• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Spin?

Which one of you guys/gals bought the 165 green sparkle proton spin from Hyzer farm while I was busy trying 6 passwords to log into my eBay account? It's alright to tell me I will forgive you since there's a 164g on its way to me. Haha

This baby already got me an ace at dubs. 50 bucks for me and my partner. Ion/Anode/Spin A masterful trio

Nice man! I have high hopes for it. I'm surprised more people aren't gushing about these things yet.

So..... Am I looking in the wrong thread for chatter about the Spin or is the proton release a non event?

I've been throwing the heck out of it for over a month lots of great approach shots that keep missing on the inside of the basket, but the more I throw it for putting the more I want to put a seasoned Anode back into the bag. I will say it is working in quickly to do anhyzer turns better but it's no Theory...

So..... Am I looking in the wrong thread for chatter about the Spin or is the proton release a non event?

I just don't throw proton any more. I love my spin and would love to get it in Neutron, if possible.

I use it as an US mid, as the US mids I've tried just don't turn as sharp as I'd like. I can get the Spin to turn easily, making it easier to thread through trees.

I prefer the Envy/Atom/Theory triumvirate. But I like shallow discs.

I will second that, I haven't touched an Atom yet... I will also second the neutron plastic, proton may not have been the right choice for me. Between the hard plastic and that inner rounded rim I got a lot of bad releases last doubles round. Like epic bad..

I will second that, I haven't touched an Atom yet... I will also second the neutron plastic, proton may not have been the right choice for me. Between the hard plastic and that inner rounded rim I got a lot of bad releases last doubles round. Like epic bad..

The rounded inner rim should be perfect for a power grip pinch point. Its what i love about ions which share the same core. My fingers are rounded though not square pegs :p ;)

The rounded inner rim should be perfect for a power grip pinch point. Its what i love about ions which share the same core. My fingers are rounded though not square pegs :p ;)

I've got a fidgety habit where I cram my fingertips into the edge of the disc when I lock in my grip.. It's been a while since I've thrown anything but the Envy I kinda forgot about the core, it's like my fingers are wandering under there trying to find their home. I left my Theory at home to force me to throw the Spin and once the problems started it was tough to get it out of my head, it hit the point where it was so bad it was funny.

All my Atoms are Proton, but you can get them in all three Electron varieties, I belive.

Mine is 165 proton so definitely not heavy haha.. It is a solid disc, love the flight really dig it for putting flat.. Just wants to fly straight... kinda reminds me of a Magic with more hss and no lss. Fights my Theory for bag space, either one works for the same shots. Drives dead straight on a little hyzer and holds height better than any MVP putter I have thrown.

But...that loft it gets is too different from my Envy and its dangerous for me to mess with my putting line up so I grabbed a couple soft Proxy's instead, my only opposition to it is the inner core.

Got my P Spin in. This is going to make the Gyro bag easily with all the short, wooded, lefty holes around me.

I wasn't crazy about the Electrons but this thing is great. It's not a lid but the gyro makes it a great line locking approach disc. I might check out a lighter one for uber glide. A Plasma would be sweet though b/c I can't wait for this Proton to beat up enough to get some grip to it. Putts well too, especially those step-putt range putts. :thmbup:

Im with you on the plasma that would be awesome.

Mine broke in way faster than I thought it would.. Significant changes in the right direction within a month.. I've really warmed up to mine as an approach disc and anhyzer putter. I love being able to throw it straight and watch it fade the wrong way.

I wasn't crazy about the Electrons but this thing is great. It's not a lid but the gyro makes it a great line locking approach disc. I might check out a lighter one for uber glide. A Plasma would be sweet though b/c I can't wait for this Proton to beat up enough to get some grip to it. Putts well too, especially those step-putt range putts. :thmbup:

Fwiw the lighter and beat electron were great. Should prolly bag a proton. Some crazy high anny BS and glidey approaches vs ions.

It pairs so well with the Ion, I love the rounded inner rim of the Ion, Anode, Spin class. I think I would've liked the Electron Spin better if it was lighter also. I just default to max weight on understable stuff to anticipate the break in.