• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Spin?

I am interested in this disc. I have been using my beat up relay for most longer US midrange kind of shots or flicking something. Havent really had an US mid/putter in my bag since I lost my theory. the plasma tangent will hold an anhy but I wouldn't consider it understable. More like neutral. I have been getting fairly good at short flicks with my envy but it would be nice to have a second option...

No complaints with my Neutron MVP, about 2 dozen discs. My Proton MVP is all hard and slick, 6 discs. Drivers not really a problem, but mids and putters, no thanks. The few Plasma I've handled at stores...:thmbup:

come to Texas in the summer and tell me stiff Proton sucks. I could legally shoot you for it, but my short game is deadly as it is. Couldn't even use my putter pocket till the open carry law. I'm wasting my monthly post to warn you all about an impending Spinocide.

Dri-fit: Fit In.

come to Texas in the summer and tell me stiff Proton sucks. I could legally shoot you for it, but my short game is deadly as it is. Couldn't even use my putter pocket till the open carry law. I'm wasting my monthly post to warn you all about an impending Spinocide.

Dri-fit: Fit In.

lol, I've used Proton in 100+ degrees and it may soften some but it's still slick as hell. Must admit all my examples are very early stuff though. Anyway, u guys should really get away from urethane putters, they're just not right.

On a side note, one of my Proton Tangents has tiny cracks all over it, like a clear paint that's cracking under the surface...almost new condition too. And never been at freezing temps, so wtf?

Radius is cool.

Diode
Capacitor
Transistor
Nucleus
Arc
Conductor
Not to mention the whole periodic table of elements

All good names but radius was a disc molded by gateway for 1080 a few years ago.

Spin really misses the rest of mvp's naming convention (goes to the text books for reference). The idea of it is exciting though.

...though, spin is in fact a physics term used in describing individual electrons w/in an atom/molecule, amIrite?

Yes you are right with that.

Spin-an intrinsic form of angular momentum carried by elementary particles, composite particles (hadrons), and atomic nuclei.

Hadron could be another disc name...

Sidenote- Last night this prompted the most conversation my wife (physics major) and I have ever had about disc golf.

...just watch out for typos

3722fa90-f5bc-0132-f117-0ed54733f8f5.gif

Name it the Higgs-Boson. Or the Parity. Or the Large Hadron Collider. Or the Scalar Particle. Or the Tau-Antitau. Or the Gluon. Or the Bunsen Burner. Or the Test Tube Rack. Science!

Last edited:
Sounds like a wonderful addition to the lineup. :thmbup::thmbup:

(Still don't like the name)