• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stop the nice

Disc golfing with other people is a social experiance. He was probably just trying to be polite. Sometimes when I'm "baked" I think that I might "nice" a little too much. But no one seems to complain about it!

He was probably just trying to fill the void of silence and not trying to be patronizing. It's just a habit for a lot of people. I tend to do the same, but instead of just 'niceing' I'll try to throw in some 'That'll work' or 'You're putting.'

I tend to be encouraging on the course. I'll "Nice", but it will always be followed by what I am complimenting. As in, Nice Throw, or Nice Rip Off The Tee, or even Nice Up and Nice Putt ... I've even witnessed "Sweet" tossed in a bunch on some really amazing shots. During league, I will always congratulate a player for a birdie with "Nice Two" or "Nice Bird" ... NEVER TALK DURING A PLAYERS THROW .... it is a courtesy rule even during casual rounds

I also have never jinxed or voodoo'd somebody's shot with a premature "Nice"

Nice him right back when its his turn. That'll teach him.

I'm feeling musical...
headphone.gif

IMAGINE DEAD SILENCE ON THE DRIVE OF YOUR LIFE....PERHAPS TOTAL LACK OF RECOGNITION....perhaps you throw a 400 foot drive through the trees and park it and then....nothing. I think I would take the nice's every time.

IMAGINE DEAD SILENCE ON THE DRIVE OF YOUR LIFE....PERHAPS TOTAL LACK OF RECOGNITION....perhaps you throw a 400 foot drive through the trees and park it and then....nothing. I think I would take the nice's every time.

I think the problem is not the nice after the shot. its the nice when the disc is in flight. because it is only because of that premature congratulatory word that caused the disc to change direction from the basket to the nearest tree. after a shot is finished we all like an "atta boy"

Seems like too many people came down too hard on the OP. I know what you mean about someone saying "nice" prematurely.....especially if the shot ends up slamming into the tree, or flying off into the woods....but like a few others did say, you can blame the "nice-ing" for your shot going off course, or smashing into a tree etc etc.

Thats one of the main reasons, if I'm out playing solo, I won't accept an offer to join a group or one other person, because I like to focus. The guys I go with regularly know that talking during a shot or putt is a no-no (haha)

What the guy shouting "Nice"? It's possibly that the sonic wave changed the trajectory of the disc, ruining your shot.

Also, was he a Pokémon? Jigglypuffs are able to use the Hyper Voice attack. That would explain everything.
Your friend may also have been using Screech. He wouldn't happen to be a Psyduck, would he?

What the guy shouting "Nice"? It's possibly that the sonic wave changed the trajectory of the disc, ruining your shot.

Also, was he a Pokémon? Jigglypuffs are able to use the Hyper Voice attack. That would explain everything.

:hfive:

i wonder if this guy blames his bf/gf for other premature probs. "nice!" "ohhh, im sorry, this never happens, you shouldnt have said nice!"

i wonder if this guy blames his bf/gf for other premature probs. "nice!" "ohhh, im sorry, this never happens, you shouldnt have said nice!"

Bwahahaha!

At any rate, I usually "nice" when a player throws directly at a tree and somehow misses it. Even if it hits the next tree you were a lucky bastard that it didn't hit the first one. Of course people that get niced in this way then believe falsely that they deserved to park it and then throw directly at the tree in subsequent rounds thinking that was the appropriate line. Feel entitled, it lets me beat you every time.