• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stop the nice

Heeeeyyyyyy, maaannnnn, niiicceeee threeeeaaad. Nicethreadman. :hfive:

I'm always too busy singing "I'm Henry the 8th I am" on the course. No time to "nice" anyone.

Doesn't anybody refrain from saying 'nice' or anything to that effect until the disc has stopped? Evolve, people! OBVIOUSLY saying 'nice' screws up the throw...we have all seen it...so just don't say anything till it lands and stops.

From now on, as soon as someone takes the tee, I'm going to clap loudly and shout, NICE!

we have successfully shamed the author and instigator of our pleasure to the shadows of the forum abyss

From now on, as soon as someone takes the tee, I'm going to clap loudly and shout, NICE!

So that his perfect cross-step gets kris-krossed and he bites the dust? That's devious man. Does it only work while he's throwing, or as soon as he's on the teepad?

I actually try not to talk to the disc while it's in flight, at least other peoples. Bunch of superstitious people, just like in every other sport. Ball golf is the same way, people tee up a certain way every time and if they can't they shank the **** out of the ball (maybe it's just me?). I'll tell someone good shot after it lands, even if all it did was get through the first 3/4 of the trees, hell thats probably a sight more than mine did. I also ask about discs, shoes and if they have a daughter I can sell to the mexicans. Well maybe not the last part.

Been playing 3 years and never knew saying "nice" in mid-flight was bad juju. Thank God I read this thread before I went to the Players Cup! I might have niced Nate Doss. WHEW!

If one does not believe 2/3 statements, then they are not a real discer;

Nicing a disc in flight will make it hit an object.
Tye dye discs fly better.
420 is the best possible hole length.

If you 'ooohhhh' a bad throw, it will miraculously hit a rogue tree and fix itself.