• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stop the nice

Instead of "nice", i like to say "That's Dollah!" or "well bowled, old chum!"

What if he insulted you at the same time? Nice shot Douchebag. Would the negative word "Douchebag" neutralize the positive "Nice shot"? Not sure.

What if instead of saying nice, he just threw glitter at you? Or did that lame baby powder thing LeBron James does?

I like to congratulate the tree for ruining your "perfect" drive. Especially when they jump out in front of your drive, I've seen it.:thmbup:

Instead of saying nice, for now on I'm going to say "Oh he got all of that one!" like Bill Murray from Caddyshack.

So many good ideas to try! Keep 'em coming.

I prefer the silent treatment when playing with strangers to avoid "niceing them".
Me- "Wanna join me for my round?"
Stranger- "Sure! What's your name?"
Me- [silence]
Stranger- "Oh, I guess you are just focusing on your first drive, ok.
Me- [silence, throws disc and parks it]
Stranger- I guess its me now. [throws disc and aces]
Me- [silence]
*Avoiding eye contact altogether really makes the round special.

So, in the words of the Monday Night Football analysts, "C'mon Man!"

Any suggestions?

Yeah, tell the stranger "thanks man, I appreciate it. Your shot was much better."

The dude is supporting your F'ed up shots and trying to help you not be discouraged. If it was really bothering you that bad, you could have told the dude to play on without you...that you wanted to work on lines for that hole some more or whatever other lie you could come up with.

I get pissed when I screw up, but its only at myself...not the people I'm playing with or the trees that jump infront of my perfect drive that would've been parked otherwise.

I was playing our only woods course one day when I spied a group of deer foraging, they saw me an turned to run, then one of them went to jump over a large pile of logs, just at the apex I yelled "Nice!" and then heard a loud crash - the poor deer landed in a malaysian tiger pit and died....I only wonder...if I hadn't of niced it.....hmmmm

I was playing our only woods course one day when I spied a group of deer foraging, they saw me an turned to run, then one of them went to jump over a large pile of logs, just at the apex I yelled "Nice!" and then heard a loud crash - the poor deer landed in a malaysian tiger pit and died....I only wonder...if I hadn't of niced it.....hmmmm

HAH HAH, are you kidding me, can't stop laughing, eyes are watering... NICE!!! :hfive:

I prefer "dude". Charge me $5 for those and you'll take home a stack of bills.

Question though - what are you saying when he throws? It could be a side game :p

For only a DX disc a week, you too can help eradicate niceing for the hundreds of afflicted.

Won't you help someone being niced, today?

*cue Sarah McLaughlin music*

ROFL!!! If hunters only knew... we would have to enforce "Nice-ing season". It's not fair dude, you niced that elk. Not cool.