• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TDGV

I feel like you have to kinda suck at having fun to get burned out by disc golf. no offense.

a small group of pros treat it like a job, anyone else doing that is a bit off

People who are really trying to get better... the pressure you can apply to yourself in that circumstance can suck the joy out of the game.

Part time job LOL...

Pay me to DG anyday. I love it! You dont get burnt out doing things you like to do and which bring you an additional benefit. Dude had his own stamp on a disc and dropped the ball big time.

RIP. Lock this crap up.

IDK Aim, sounds like a sweet gig man! Imagine all the fanboys you'll have!

People who are really trying to get better... the pressure you can apply to yourself in that circumstance can suck the joy out of the game.

That's my point. if you put yourself in that situation, you are terrible at having a good time. DG is the most chill semi-athletic activity I know of. Turning it into something you have to retire from bc of burn out makes my head spin.

People taking something more seriously than you...your head must spin a lot.

Not "something" dog, disc golf. We aren't talking about getting burned out bc you're taking your college studies too seriously. This is throwing round things into chains.

Not "something" dog, disc golf. We aren't talking about getting burned out bc you're taking your college studies too seriously. This is throwing round things into chains.

One individuals passion has nothing to do with another persons values.

I know what it's like to have a passion for something that carries little social value (what some think is a mere hobby) and after getting all I could out of it, had to put it down and walk away. The reason I walked away was not the hobby itself, it was the annoyance of many of the other never ending whiners also associated with it. When it comes down to it, people suck!

Apparently, Mike decided to say "screw you guys, I'm going home" and he's off on some other venue. I'm glad I saw most of his vids, I learned a lot from him and wish I could keep watching some of them, but it's over. It's not for me to place a value on his decision.

I'm being a dickhead here, I know that but you guys are missing my point.

You are some level of a nutcase if you can figure out how to burn out on DG if you're not a pro. That doesn't make you a bad person though.

Again, apologies for my dickish hot take here but it's just my opinion. I don't care what mike does with his videos. I enjoyed them while they were up but he should do what ever the hell he wants.

By the way, why would you stop a hobby you enjoy bc of others? Unless interaction with those people was part of the hobby.