• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TDGV

I hear you. It's not about being a dick real talk **** honestly.

THIS IS DISC GOLF! If you are not having fun you lose... :|duh! Look at all the fun DD has had and $ to come with it. Work is a part of life but to have opportunity to do what you like as a hobby for work and then say F you all is a dick move.

Chip sighting!!! :D

I didn't have the sound up most of the time as my wife was studying, so I didn't hear any comments to i.d. a voice, but a couple close-up putts seemed to come from a "mystery" 4th player. :)

Oh, and a bit of a preview of one of the Worlds courses, btw.

I don't want to come across as "I know so-and-so," but I have met Mike and thrown a few rounds with him.

My impression of all this is, Mike is the most "DG is silly fun" DGer I've met. He seemed to me to have no interest in playing 'competitively,' wasn't really that into keeping score, really, when we played. He was "pure" about the game, I thought, just liked trying crazy shots and watching the frizbee do its thing. DG as a "sport?" Seemed like he could care less, to me.

I also don't think he set out to become what he did, which was sort of the unofficial face (and torso, lol) of MVP, at least on the forums. Remember, the first vid he posted was a result of people calling BS on his claiming he could throw a putter 350. Yes, he ran with it, I'm not trying to call him some innocent victim of life, but he IS I think a victim of his own "success." He strikes me, like many DGers, of having that skate-punk as his "kid inside," so I don't see him embracing for long any activity that's dictating to him that he "needs" or "has" to do it. He's more of a meet up with buddies, throw some crazy shots, film it, and earmark the ones that get nailed. (i.e. skater. I know he's taken heat for this, meaning it's possible to look at some of his videos and assume he was tricking us all into thinking he was throwing 1100 rated rounds. But he never claimed that, and I don't think it occurred to him to care. We sort of collectively, some of us, started thinking of him as the "peoples champion" and counting the days until he won worlds or whatever. Meeting him, I just don't think that's his bag.)

He also doesn't strike me as some kind of rash, overdramatic type, which leads me to believe there's more to the story than we know, considering the bridge-burning of taking down all the vids, etc.

I'm guessing maybe he feels like, with the way things are for him, he almost CAN'T just go out and F around on the course anonymously. He got recognized and sweated several times on the course just in the 3-4 rounds we threw. Being Mike C the internet persona, in other words, was maybe making it impossible for him to keep DG in the "fun" box where he ultimately wanted it.

So, I say, you do you Mike, you don't owe me anything. Hit me up if you ever want to throw a round off-camera, incognito. LOL

I don't want to come across as "I know so-and-so," but I have met Mike and thrown a few rounds with him.

My impression of all this is, Mike is the most "DG is silly fun" DGer I've met. He seemed to me to have no interest in playing 'competitively,' wasn't really that into keeping score, really, when we played. He was "pure" about the game, I thought, just liked trying crazy shots and watching the frizbee do its thing. DG as a "sport?" Seemed like he could care less, to me.

I also don't think he set out to become what he did, which was sort of the unofficial face (and torso, lol) of MVP, at least on the forums. Remember, the first vid he posted was a result of people calling BS on his claiming he could throw a putter 350. Yes, he ran with it, I'm not trying to call him some innocent victim of life, but he IS I think a victim of his own "success." He strikes me, like many DGers, of having that skate-punk as his "kid inside," so I don't see him embracing for long any activity that's dictating to him that he "needs" or "has" to do it. He's more of a meet up with buddies, throw some crazy shots, film it, and earmark the ones that get nailed. (i.e. skater. I know he's taken heat for this, meaning it's possible to look at some of his videos and assume he was tricking us all into thinking he was throwing 1100 rated rounds. But he never claimed that, and I don't think it occurred to him to care. We sort of collectively, some of us, started thinking of him as the "peoples champion" and counting the days until he won worlds or whatever. Meeting him, I just don't think that's his bag.)

He also doesn't strike me as some kind of rash, overdramatic type, which leads me to believe there's more to the story than we know, considering the bridge-burning of taking down all the vids, etc.

I'm guessing maybe he feels like, with the way things are for him, he almost CAN'T just go out and F around on the course anonymously. He got recognized and sweated several times on the course just in the 3-4 rounds we threw. Being Mike C the internet persona, in other words, was maybe making it impossible for him to keep DG in the "fun" box where he ultimately wanted it.

So, I say, you do you Mike, you don't owe me anything. Hit me up if you ever want to throw a round off-camera, incognito. LOL
well said sir! Thanks for the insight.

Personally, I was never a big MikeC fan or a fan of MVP discs.
I watched a few of his vids and never "got" what so many people were raving about.
Non of it ever resonated with me, but I do recognize his substantial talent and presence.

Nevertheless, MikeC has a right to do pretty much whatever he wants with his private life.
If he does something that I don't understand or can't agree with, that is still his right.
I just cannot comprehend all the psychoanalysis, speculation and hand-wringing over MikeC's apparent decision to withdraw himself and his vids from DG, DGCR and YouTube.
I don't know MikeC, never met him, just like 99% of the people posting on this forum.
However, I recognize his right to make decisions over his own life for his own reasons and I (like many others) wish him the best in his future endeavors.
Can we drop this and go on to something else?
Pro Worlds is in a few weeks...

Personally, I was never a big MikeC fan or a fan of MVP discs.
I watched a few of his vids and never "got" what so many people were raving about.
Non of it ever resonated with me, but I do recognize his substantial talent and presence.

Nevertheless, MikeC has a right to do pretty much whatever he wants with his private life.
If he does something that I don't understand or can't agree with, that is still his right.
I just cannot comprehend all the psychoanalysis, speculation and hand-wringing over MikeC's apparent decision to withdraw himself and his vids from DG, DGCR and YouTube.
I don't know MikeC, never met him, just like 99% of the people posting on this forum.
However, I recognize his right to make decisions over his own life for his own reasons and I (like many others) wish him the best in his future endeavors.
Can we drop this and go on to something else?
Pro Worlds is in a few weeks...

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108510

well said sir! Thanks for the insight.

Most of that is just me spitballing, I'm not trying to rep him, and I guess I'll weigh in and say, on a personal level, this isn't effecting my life at all, outside of, I really liked that Moraine SP vid of his, with that eerie music I hadn't heard before. Oh, also, I learned from him...I learned that I may very well be the worst DG camera man of all time.

I just think Mike's an OK guy and doesn't really deserve heat for this, but then, there's no arguing butthurt on the webz.

Last edited:
You are some level of a nutcase if you can figure out how to burn out on DG if you're not a pro. That doesn't make you a bad person though.

It does take being a nutcase. Ask some of the "They" many are burned out mowing the grass on their own dollar so other people can have a clear place to throw their cigarette butts and Lite cans.

It does take being a nutcase. Ask some of the "They" many are burned out mowing the grass on their own dollar so other people can have a clear place to throw their cigarette butts and Lite cans.

That's very true. But comparing Mike to "them" isn't very fair

The fact that he skated and others brought up the skater mentality.... I always thought of Mike C in terms of the skateboarding pro world.

Some pro skaters do contests and can throw down under pressure on the spot. Those are contest pros.

Other dudes are video pros. They don't like or cant compete in tournaments because they can't deal with the pressure or whatever. So they make their living by shooting video footage. They get multiple takes and can edit footage.

That was Mike C. He didnt do well in tournaments and maybe just didn't like the competition. Perhaps the competition online got to be too much for him.

Who knows.

Those cans are 5 cents each. what's the complaint? Free money.

Last edited:
Anybody know him personally? I paid for a disc from him on Reddit like two weeks ago. He deleted his profile shortly after I paid, and I've heard nothing since.

He did a similar thing to me a while back, but he did come through eventually so don't lose hope. He's not my favorite person, but he did follow through eventually.

How long did it take?

Order MVP discs from AiM. He personally drives them to your house.

The fact that he skated and others brought up the skater mentality.... I always thought of Mike C in terms of the skateboarding pro world.

Some pro skaters do contests and can throw down under pressure on the spot. Those are contest pros.

Other dudes are video pros. They don't like or cant compete in tournaments because they can't deal with the pressure or whatever. So they make their living by shooting video footage. They get multiple takes and can edit footage.

That was Mike C. He didnt do well in tournaments and maybe just didn't like the competition. Perhaps the competition online got to be too much for him.

Who knows.

In short: Those who can't do, teach. Besides, you have to wear a shirt to play in a tournament.