• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2012 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

11 hours of driving in one day is a hell of a lot of time to think about all my dam pissed opportunities. Still somehow took 26th in advanced with 3 of my worst rounds ever, no clue how that works. But whatever, got one hot round, took third in distance, I can't complain.

And they need to fix the round ratings on the pdga website, cuz there is no way that all of intermediate and rec shot as well as it says they did.

Remember Int and Rec played different courses than you did in advanced. Round ratings in Int & Rec have no relation to the round ratings in adv.

edit: you're right . . . the ratings have changed with the addition of the final nine scores, and are definitely wrong at the moment.

Great event, I didn't play all that well after my first round but I still got to play with some fun people, ended up 65th in advanced. Ashleigh tore it up, shot some of the best golf I've seen her play and ran away with intermediate women.

7th in advanced. Left a lot out there for sure... but we all did. I have never played that type of golf...4 days of 110% effort throws. Exhausting...

It was fun to go in the last day with 4 Charlotte guys in Pool A in the top 10. Great event.

Made a good run after being in 38th (Adv Masters) after the Friday mess at Phil Moore but didn't have anything for the Final 9. Played with many great guys this weekend and had a great time.

Made a good run after being in 38th (Adv Masters) after the Friday mess at Phil Moore but didn't have anything for the Final 9. Played with many great guys this weekend and had a great time.

Sorry you came up a little short in final 9. I was really pulling for you to win. I did see that great shot to save par after going OB on #1, it was incredible.

Met and played with some great guys at BG Ams. Played a round with jcrab66, was next door to job wilson at the super 8. Sorry I missed you mashnut at the super 8 but am glad your wife did so well over the weekend. I played much better than I did last year but still made some mistakes that cost me a few spots on the leaderboard. I was able to win my card in the last round though so at least I have that to hang my hat on. The BG Ams really is the best tourney of the year.

I had a blast out there. I really enjoyed wearing the ridiculous hat on saturday, and powering through and not taking a dnf on sunday. Time for some elbow rehab! It was nice meeting everyone out there!

Note for the TD.... I found it a little strange that there wasn't a single water container on any of the courses.

Other than that, what good times!

Unofficial ratings are usually incorrect for BG until they are processed officially for the ratings update due to all of the pools.

had a great time this year, left too way too many strokes out there the 4th round but it is what it is, having fun is my mission and this year mission accomplished for sure. played a couple of rounds with joshsmith, a round with johnny conservative and one with smooth sailor. Swapped tags with martin, would of swapped with mashnut but he left his tag in chicago, witnessed brett allen throw thumber after thumber during the player party ctp contests, no dbags on any card for any round = mucho happiness....

I had a great time... would like to support all the disc golf manufacturers through the payout, but I understand the simplicity of the system the way it is too.

Unofficial ratings are usually incorrect for BG until they are processed officially for the ratings update due to all of the pools.

Basically they rated everyone against everyone for every round... right ... so a 54 at Phil Moore was rated the same as a 54 at Lovers on the same day.
Obviously not the same rated rounds. That all gets sorted out with the TD report?

The PDGA did all the scoring, and will sort out the ratings after Big Dog drives home today.

Disc Golf U prize notifications should be ready Tuesday evening (sorting out ties and etc.)

$1111.00 paid out for the 10 aces (we bumped up the pool when we found the tenth one after stuffing envolopes).

Big thanks to the players who read the program and went where they should be at the correct time!

Thanks for supporting the course sponsors (retailers) through out the week, at their courses, at check in and final 9, and at the flymart. They financally support this event so we can afford trophies, players dinners, OB paint, and other expenses rather than having to use entry fees only.

The most amazing part of the whole weekend. With all the Mando's in play... ATLScott wasn't involved in one controversy.

Great event, I didn't play all that well after my first round but I still got to play with some fun people, ended up 65th in advanced. Ashleigh tore it up, shot some of the best golf I've seen her play and ran away with intermediate women.

:clap: Tell her I said congrats! That's awesome.

Latest posts