• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2012 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

Also, he learned how to throw thumbers by watching Bret Allen, invading Steven Moore's bag and spending about $50 on the CTP contest.

Just one more and Brett would have had it. :p

I tossed a few at it myself with no luck kept over shooting the dang thing. I was at the super 8 as well with the charlotte crew. Met mashnut and several others I can't remember.

Was a fun weekend overall but Im glad to be back home.

I played holes 1 & 2 at Moore @ (6)/(9), so that pretty much took me out of contention, but I had my best ever tournament round at Miller and worked my way into a tie for 60th in Intermediate. Had lots of fun, though.

Just one more and Brett would have had it. :p

I tossed a few at it myself with no luck kept over shooting the dang thing. I was at the super 8 as well with the charlotte crew. Met mashnut and several others I can't remember.

Was a fun weekend overall but Im glad to be back home.

I remember you too! You threw your drive on 8 at Miller directly into a tree and you explained why your name is Bravethrower. Boom.

Hey horseman, have you been able to get your payout on dgu? Im having no such luck

Supposed to be getting it posted late today according to post yesterday and ratings should be sorted out a little better later today. How's the car? Howie got me out in that field at the Final 9, Just enough wind a couple errant throws to cost me. Did save a 3 after going OB on hole 1 by going back across the OB with a putt/upshot.

Surgery Friday but will try to stop by at Doubles for a few minutes Sunday if I'm up and moving.

Was anyone on here part of (or affected by) the Saturday night poker game at Super 8 North?

I really didn't figure out who anyone is with the exception of Johnny Conservative and Dupalooop may have been on my 1st round card.

Also, if you heard "chicks with d*cks" at any time you probably heard me or my New Yorker friend T-Bone. Also, he learned how to throw thumbers by watching Bret Allen, invading Steven Moore's bag and spending about $50 on the CTP contest.

Yeah, I was a part of and my game was surely affected by...Was fun though, Me(Carver) and Tuni were up there.

Supposed to be getting it posted late today according to post yesterday and ratings should be sorted out a little better later today. How's the car? Howie got me out in that field at the Final 9, Just enough wind a couple errant throws to cost me. Did save a 3 after going OB on hole 1 by going back across the OB with a putt/upshot.

Surgery Friday but will try to stop by at Doubles for a few minutes Sunday if I'm up and moving.

Good luck on the surgery!

I think I played that first round with you out at Phil Moore.

Did you throw sidearm on hole 8 and have a rough time with the wind?

Hey horseman, have you been able to get your payout on dgu? Im having no such luck

Nope nothing yet, but we will get it, I care more for them correcting the ratings than getting our funny money but like 50 something buck won't be bad.

I saw that! My circle 3 there was from 10' hit in bounds next to basket and it popped right, darn it!!!

I remember you too! You threw your drive on 8 at Miller directly into a tree and you explained why your name is Bravethrower. Boom.

Ha! yep that was me. Got up and down for 3:cool:

Yea contrary to popular belief it is not because I'm Native American.

Good luck on the surgery!

I think I played that first round with you out at Phil Moore.

Did you throw sidearm on hole 8 and have a rough time with the wind?

That would be me, All forehand all week except for two holes at Hobson and the forehand rollers. Wind always messes with me and the OB shot on #8 and the missed short putts at the end of that round cost me. Finished last on the card that round. Great playing with you and the other guys - Great groups all weekend. Wish I'd thought to ask what guys are on this site.

Round 1 was Alan from Indiana, Phillip was from KY so I think you would be Mike.

I saw that! My circle 3 there was from 10' hit in bounds next to basket and it popped right, darn it!!!

Guy with us thought I was nuts when he saw me look and line up going back over the OB from that distance with those trees in the way. That Cro saved me a few shots over the three days.

BG Ams prize out, and ace total

Can anyone tell me where to look to find the final payout, and also how many aces were carded the year during the event? Sounds like you had some awesome weather. Dolphie

Can anyone tell me where to look to find the final payout, and also how many aces were carded the year during the event? Sounds like you had some awesome weather. Dolphie

Payout will be here : http://www.discgolfunited.com
Supposed to be posted later today.

10 Aces total, They originally counted 9 and paid $111 each then realized they missed one and upped the pot to pay the last guy the same $111.

That would be me, All forehand all week except for two holes at Hobson and the forehand rollers. Wind always messes with me and the OB shot on #8 and the missed short putts at the end of that round cost me. Finished last on the card that round. Great playing with you and the other guys - Great groups all weekend. Wish I'd thought to ask what guys are on this site.

Round 1 was Alan from Indiana, Phillip was from KY so I think you would be Mike.

Yep.

Thats me.

Shot some of the worst golf I have ever played this weekend.

But... Had a great time anyway, 3 out of the 4 rounds I had awesome groups.

I think hole 8 at Phil Moore was one of my best all weekend, bout the only hole I played well all the way through.

Note for the TD.... I found it a little strange that there wasn't a single water container on any of the courses.

Other than that, what good times!
exactly!!! with 600+ players, all you need to do is ask for people to bring a cooler. i have 2 i could have brought. i even would have paid for the ice in them. other than that and a few of the footage on the signs didnt match the booklet, i had a great time

Latest posts