• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The effect of Disc Golf on your "relationship" or lack thereof

i wanna watch the Midnight Biker play tennis!

My wife struggles at times with my obsession with small plastic discs, but understands that it's my competitive thing I do, that and Ultimate Frisbee. I get one big tournament a month, Saturday is DG day and Sunday is spouse day. I'm just glad she respects what I do.

My wife struggles at times with my obsession with small plastic discs, but understands that it's my competitive thing I do, that and Ultimate Frisbee. I get one big tournament a month, Saturday is DG day and Sunday is spouse day. I'm just glad she respects what I do.

I understand that. I try to take one weekend a month off to spend with the wife.

It's hard being young and married. All my throwin buddies are single and can go toss on a moments notice and stay out till all hours. The thing she hates the most is when she's hard at work all day and I'm taking down 36 holes with the gang.

It's hard being young and married. All my throwin buddies are single and can go toss on a moments notice and stay out till all hours. The thing she hates the most is when she's hard at work all day and I'm taking down 36 holes with the gang.

It gets easier the older you get. I am almost 40, and the wife is over 40, and she enjoys spending time with me, but she also enjoys those days when I am gone all day playing and she has the place to herself. Also, when I am gone, I don't have to deal with her "Lifetime TV".

My wife and I work on the Saturday/Sunday schedule as well. I get a day to play and we hang out the other day. Sometimes I steal the other day if I am in a two day tournament. I get in at least one tournament a month. As of now, my schedule has 15 tournaments on it for 2010. Now that I think about it, my wife is rather understanding.

Keep it in perspective . . . do you work? It shouldnt be about the fact that you might be playing while she works . . .it should be about shared responsibility. If you aren't working and all you do is disc golf then there is a problem. I work with my wife and we both work very hard on the business we own. So we don't have a problem when I want to disc golf . . . because she knows I work hard on the business too. She choses to do other things with her time off but respects that fact that I choose to disc golf with a lot of MY freetime.

My wife loves disc golf

She's good too

We rock it out together, however it is testing as i'm unemployed now and do not play much but still. The couple who discs together...something

my gf does want me to spend more time with her, we've been together 4 years. she does like to play DG with me but her days off are different then mine.

i do go when she works but she does like to play

If I go when my fiance is working, she insists that I meet her for supper and then go play another round after she gets off work. This only works in the summer when you got daylight until about 9 PM.

well

every since me and my girlfriend have been together we were living together the first day we started dating. i was playing disc golf before but didnt have my own discs and didnt play as much as i do now. then i got my owns discs started pickin back up on it. got more discs. got addicted. started spending all my spare time on the internet comparing discs and watching videos after discing all the times with my new friends she resented to me. getting a club started and all that. she thinks that it is all i think about which is not necessarily true. then we start goin out to the course more. she started using my discs found her favorite. today is valentines day and after i dropped her off at work i went to dunhams and bought her a roc which is her favorite and i also got her a dragon cuz i thought it would be great for her since they are all 150 so she could get used to a driver better. i hope i made the right choice. i also got her a card and i am picking up the tab at a nice restaurant so maybe thats better than chocolates and a card hahaha

She has a membership to a real nice health club (fitness center).

I play disc golf.

We've been married almost 27 years, so she really isn't too possessive of my time (and I'm not with hers).

Disc golf helps me to be a happy man... and so does my time with her. Life's good.

It has actually bettered our relationship. My husband has been playing for about seven years. When we first met three years ago, I played a couple of times but then got pregnant and didn't want much to do with it. He didn't play much either for a while. Then, last spring we went out and I started playing and caught the bug. I've got my own bag and discs now. I even played in my first tournament in December :D We go out and play nearly every weekend. It's been a lot of fun. Our 2 year old goes with us and he walks up to the tee with a disc in hand and throws a little toddler version of the sidearm.

Latest posts