• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The First Disc You Owned?

I bought a DX Viper and DX Birdie at Big 5 in 2001. I only played once or trice. Picked up the game again in 2008 and have bought many more discs since. A buddy of mine is using the Viper and the Birdie is in the closet.

My first disc ruled it was a dragon. I could throw it in the water and it would float!! But this did not make it lawnmower proof :(

CHEERS - Koffee

DX wraith my brother bought me. Still in my bag, as a roller now though.

koffee said:
My first disc ruled it was a dragon. I could throw it in the water and it would float!! But this did not make it lawnmower proof :(

I also started off with a dx Dragon in College, and a floating disc helped out a lot when I first started. I later gave this disc away to a friend. The disc that got me hooked on the sport was a pearly max weight Orc that I still have in my bag.

#2 Helix and Aurora MS back in like 2003 ... Lost both fairly quickly

My first discs were a DX orc and a Soft Magnet (which a year later i found out it glowed in the dark). The orc beat in really fast and I got a Champ Viking. I was a predominately forehand driver. I was throwing X cyclones and a Pro Starfire (broken in) by the time I learned my backhand.

I still have the DX orc (4 years later). To explain how trashed this disc got recently found out that into a headwind I can throw it with hyzer, it will barrel roll and then turn over and go right. Pretty intense. Without the wind, I can throw it hyzer and it will flip over completely and pancake and slide.

My very first disc was a DX stingray. Still have it, but my dog seems to have put a number of teeth marks in it.

A red XL. That was back in 2003.
I got it from a cousin.
Had no clue how to use it.
And I wonder sometimes if I still don't have a clue how to use the disc's I have now. :lol:

175g Star Leopard and ?g Star Aviar were my first discs. Switched to Wizards but still love star Leopards a year later. The Evo Wizard I use these days is nearly the same color as that first Aviar I had though.

My first discs -

oldschool.jpg

Not pictured - Blue 150 DX Valk with rainbow stamp, lost 2 months in.

I bought a Pro Leopard and a DX Aviar at the same time. I lost the Leopard but still have the aviar.

Champ Valkyrie and Dx aviar were the first discs I bought. followed by a Dx Roc a few minutes later at a different store, as the guy at the first store recommended it but said they did not carry it.

I first started with a lid and quickly found a store that carried golf discs and bought a dx Eagle, dx Classic Roc and a Birdie. My home course has a lot of elevation and I quickly tired of the birdie rolling away so I picked up a S Wizard about a month after the birdie.