• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Flak

Well according to FB, the black/navy's should be shipping out today. That means I should recieve mine tomorrow since I live in DFW. I'll be sure to post up some pics and a small review. My first run had a few problems so I'm hoping to see some improvements.

Big props to HB for great customer service and letting me use a loaner bag in the meantime!

2nd Run!!!

My 2nd run Flak came in yesterday, and I have to say I'm much more pleased with this run. I have not been able to get a round in with the new bag but I can already tell the overall construction of the bag is much better. I'll list the improvements here:

1. The first thing I noticed was the more durable bottom. It is much thicker than the bottom of the first run. I would still have liked to see some rubber feet on the bottom but either way this one should last much longer than my first run which started to show wear within the first 2 weeks.

2. Double stitching on all the high-stress areas. This was really important for me because one of the straps on the first run completely broke loose from the top of the bag. I usually carry my bag fully loaded with 20+ discs, towels, and 64oz of water so I'm really glad to see the double stitching.

3. One thing that bothered me about the first run was that I was unable to carry a Nalgene bottle in the bottle holder if I had a disc in the side pocket. As you can see in the pic, I can now carry a Nalgene with 2 drivers in the side pocket.

4. On my first run I was barely able to fit ONE putter in the front putter pocket. I can now easily put 2 up front. Could probably fit 3 if I wanted but it would be tight.

5. The mini pocket on the first run was so shallow I couldn't put a mini in there without it falling out every time I moved the bag. Now fits 2 just fine.

6. I'm not sure why, but this bag feels more comfortable than the first run. Could be better padding on the straps and/or back of the bag but either way it def rides better.

7. The first run didn't come with a rain fly so the included rain fly is nice.

And the pics:

0be50356.jpg

74743904.jpg

997462f5.jpg

552fa3f0.jpg

Did they support the bottom of the straps? That's my biggest/only concern on my bag.

The stitching for the bottom of the straps was done on the inside of the bag before the frame was put in, so it is really difficult to see whether or not that section is double stitched. Hopefully it is, only time will tell.

Last edited:
That's what bothers me, just the strap getting sewn in. If It were angled a little bit then it would be better, but I feel that the threads are going to come loose eventually at the bottom of the stitch.

Seeing those pictures with the two putters in the putter pocket and the 2 discs in the side pocked with a water bottle is really exciting to see.

Can't wait to see my new bag

Mine must have been made after they made the adjustments then. I can easily fit 2 putters up top (but choose not to) and can fit two putters in the side pockets along with a 32oz camelbak bottle.

Seeing those pictures with the two putters in the putter pocket ... is really exciting to see.

I'm not so sure. I don't care for how the "putter" pocket slouches down. With two in the pocket can you even zip it up?

To me, it looks like a front pocket that everyone is putting their putters in (because it is marketed that way) instead of a pocket that is actually designed to hold/secure/protect the putter.

Gorilla Boy has a great "putter pocket", Grip has a great "putter 'quiver'", IMO this one still needs some tweaking.

I emailed hyzerbomb a couple of days ago but didn't get a response, so I'll try here. I was wondering what I should do to send in my first run for the second run orange and black bags. I would like to do this sooner than later. Let me know what I should do to get this done. Thanks!

Has anyone heard from the HB crew in the past couple weeks, all I've seen is a couple posts on FB, none pertaining to the rest of the Flaks getting sent out. I've posted here, on FB, and e-mailed them, but have not heard a response, though I'm trying to be patient because good things come to those that wait. It could be that they're on tour, had hellacious work weeks, family stuff (with the new baby). From the way he posted back in June when they were doing pre orders, he made it seem like it was only going to be a 3 to 4 week wait, then he replied to my post earlier this month about the green flaks, saying they were already on the line and not too much longer, but that was almost 4 weeks ago. Similar thing happened with Voodoo, but I just find myself frustrated more at me, for not buying a grip and having in a week. I hope this turns out to be worth the wait. /rant

Jeremy and I(Wes) have been out of town this past week on a mission trip. We are back now and will know exactly what bags are ready to ship this Monday. Looks like Green, pink, camo, and custom bags are all ready to go.

I sympathize with your "wish I would've bought a Grip" statement. But hopefully the Flak is worth the wait. I'm very pleased with HB's customer service and appreciate all they have done for me. With so many small DG companies popping up everywhere its hard to know who is legit and who is just a fad.

My gut on Hyzerbomb is they are the real deal, that's why I went with the Flak over a Grip. Can't wait for Flak time.

There are 70+ pages of commentary here, so my apologies for not sifting. How does the Flak hold up in terms of staying upright on a hillside? That is the biggest downfall with my HB Demo bag, and my next bag will have to pass this test.

it sits just fine on a hillside since it has a frame in the bottom, you just turn the bag so the longer part of the frame is on the veritcal plane

Latest posts