• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Flak

Finally had the chance to get my new Flak out on the course.
Looks and feels great.

7684545790_327670fc4e_z.jpg

i just recieved my golf mahal bag. i wanted to go with hyzerbomb but i couldnt wait. the mahal is all that and a bag of chips. i still might give the flak a try though.

Black/green, digital camo, black/pink, black/red all shipped today. What other updates would you like and I will see if it can be answered.

i would specifically like to know if my bag shipped or less specifically something like "all 1st run replacement bags have shipped" :D

Also, an ETA on my custom bag. Really hoping to have it before this tournament. (Alan Posey)

Allen Posey
The crew is still slaving away! We had more custom bag orders than ever before (38) and it really slows everything down.

Updates
We will only be doing 10 more custom bags... period. And those are really set up for people on our waiting list. They are taking way too long to manufacture. Maybe someday when we can't meet the demand but for now we are going to focus on a big line of stock colors. This will also help us produce more Flak/Atomic bags faster and help fill that demand as well.

Not sure when we will open up pre-orders again but we will keep you posted. We want to do everything we can to keep you from a long wait after paying. It's not fun for anybody when you have to wait on a sweet bag like the Flak. Also we have a long list of Atomics that need to be made before we can go back to the Flak.
Thanks again for all of the support and orders that have been coming in! Lets see some more fan photos!
I feel like I might be forgetting something, but as always feel free to ask away about anything.
-Wes

It was a great gesture to make the custom bags, but you already offer more stock color options than almost anyone out there. If great bag + lots of stock options doesn't do it for someone...then screw 'em. I say it's more important to satisfy the 20 people who are willing to pay to get a stock bag now than the 1 or 2 guys who will wait for a custom bag.

Awesome! I'm like 80 times more pumped to know I'm getting one of the last few Customs!!!!! Sucks for everybody else!! But that other dude is right, you offer plenty of colors and that should be good enough to satisfy anybody.

Once again the number 1 customer service oriented company in the business steps up to the plate and delivers, the second run flak is really awesome. Pretty nice and significant improvements over the first run. The new bottom is really nice as well as the slightly wider side pockets and double stiching throughout the bag. Thanks guys!

My green/black flak:
DSCF2358.jpg

DSCF2360.jpg

DSCF2359.jpg

The second pic is the bottom, and the material feels really tough/durable. The third pic is the lining between the putter pocket and the main top pocket/compartment. This is my only concern about this bag, as the material separating the top pocket/compartment and the putter pocket, feels pretty thin. Almost thin enough to where a bur on a disc could slice right through, so I may consider using the side pockets instead. Overall, I'm really stoked on this bag:thmbup:. Any idea when ya'll are getting the material to make the rest of the rainflys?

emerica - The new bottom looks great. Do you think it would last 10 years of wear and play?

Also, I play with an hyzerbomb team member occasionally and he said another bag company purchased a Flak from HB and then quickly returned it all shady like. Any truth to that and if so who?

emerica - The new bottom looks great. Do you think it would last 10 years of wear and play?

Also, I play with an hyzerbomb team member occasionally and he said another bag company purchased a Flak from HB and then quickly returned it all shady like. Any truth to that and if so who?

We are working on a longer warranty period of 5-10 years for the next run.

For obvious reasons we won't comment as to who. But yes it did happen.
The Flak is copyrighted for disc golf so we are not too worried.

I just saw Physical Flight's new bag called the Challenger. Eerily similar to the look of the Flak...hmmmm...(look them up on facebook)

I'm not a fan of the Flak design, but another company stealing your design grinds my gears.

Just to let you know our design for the new bag is no where similar to the flak and we have never bought a bag from them. I have nothing but respect for hyzerbomb so next time you try to start a rumor or issue get your facts straight, it's funny you say it looks similar when only one pic has been released and none of the pockets or shape of te bag is the same. Get your info straight and stop trying to bash a company that is trying to bring good & bring different products to the sport.

So to hijack the thread but i dont take kindly to people talking trash because I know your altering motives it's all in your signature.

And hopefully the guys from Hyzerbomb can chime in and confirm my previous post that Physical Flights backpack bags look nothing alike and that indeed we have not bought a bag from HB EVER.!!

What do you guys think about adding mesh underneath the straps and on the backside(to let you breath more). Also those with second runs. Do you feel that toes added on bottom would improve the bottom? We really toned up that material to last longer but would it be even better?