• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Flak

What do you guys think about adding mesh underneath the straps and on the backside(to let you breath more). Also those with second runs. Do you feel that toes added on bottom would improve the bottom? We really toned up that material to last longer but would it be even better?

I think adding the toes or rails would just make it easier to tip over, without adding durability to the bottom, so I would say it's great the way it its. I think the toes might be the reason a grip seems to tip easier than the flak, although I guess it also depends on how much stuff you keep in the top of either bag, as to how easy they will tip over. My flak hasn't tipped yet, and I've tried to set it in steep and precarious places to see how stable it is on an incline. The mesh on the back and straps may be a good idea, if you're planning on using a similar material as phenix quads, or that some swiss gear backpacks have. A couple suggestions I have are to make the back padding thicker, because when I've just slung my bag on one shoulder, I've hit my hip a few times, and the hard plastic of the frame doesn't feel so good when it hits a bone in that area or your lower back, I may just throw a towel around the back and sides of the frame to see if that helps. Also as I stated in my previous post, the material between the top main compartment and the putter pocket seems a little weak, so I just started using the pouch in the top/main compartment, and its worked pretty good so far, so that may not be as big an issue as I think. Also if you could stabalize the top, compartment with a better internal frame or something along those lines, it wouldn't sag as much. My only regret about this bag is that I didn't see the urban camo option, or was that a custom color, cuz the one on fb looks sweet:thmbup:

havent had a chance to get it out on the course yet, but its loaded and ready to go...seems to ride better on the back than my Revo bag

I cannot wait any longer. My head is about to pop off. This is a good thing though, as I can take a few discs out and carry my head in the Flak. I'm being patient, I literally am just beaming about the arrival of this guy. Is it getting close? I'm all anxious like Xmas Eve.

so, what's the point of the Velcro on the bottom of the top pocket? I didn't even know it was there until all my stuff was mixed in with my discs.

if i understand correctly, thats to flip up the main compartment flap, the other piece of the velco will hold that main flap up

make sense?

We are still anxiously awaiting some custom bags to be done. Once this happens we will open up Atomic orders.
Pre-orders for the next run Flak will start the end of September no matter what. We will be extending the Flak to a life-time warranty by then. And all 3rd run Flak bags will ship in October or November. But this time we will be able to meet the demand for online sales as well as distribute to stores world wide. We have a BIG order coming in and multiple color options, so get ready for some nice Christmas presents!

It will be a long wait now, but worth it in the end.

New stuff!
No more PVC frame for 3rd runs Flaks. The new model will have built in frame.

In addition to better material, this is what we cooked up for the bottom.
What do you guys think?
7832213562_5af1885d09_z.jpg

Love the look of the new bottom.

Will the built in frame be available for the 1st and 2nd run Flaks?

These look like great upgrades. If you have the reinforced bottom, built-in frame, and still a lower price point, the folks at Grip should be shaking in their boots.

if i understand correctly, thats to flip up the main compartment flap, the other piece of the velco will hold that main flap up

make sense?

No not the piece that holds the main compartment door up.

I'm talking about the velcro that is along the bottom edge of the top pocket against the back of the bag. Instead of being sown shut, it has velcro. It's almost like it's designed to allow for taller things to be put in the bag.

I'm talking about the velcro that is along the bottom edge of the top pocket against the back of the bag. Instead of being sown shut, it has velcro. It's almost like it's designed to allow for taller things to be put in the bag.

I just noticed what you were talking about a couple weeks ago. I like the idea.

isnt that the velcro that holds the top and bottom divider?