• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The House of Pain

Ya, when I had this big hyzer shot through a fairly narrow hole into a field and I thought what a perfect disc the pain would be from that distance, and I started it off on this big hyzer only to have it roll to flat and go straight into the trees and drop OB rather than keeping its line, I had had enough of it after my difficulties with it in any wind. I do have a couple dark blue Opto ones I might try and I now have a Z hornet to try out. I may give the Vector a try as well since I am another huge fan of the Ion and would like to try that out even tho its a totally different disc.

My 172 GL(gold colored) is also unthrowable in any sort of a headwind. The opto(174) was a little better in a headwind but not what I was looking for. I went back to my rocs/wasp combo. I also agree that lat 64's consistency is garbage. As much as I love their plastic I can't afford to buy 10 of 1 I like right away. I have been finding myself searching for replacements for my predominantly lat 64 bag.

weedjj said:
... I started it off on this big hyzer only to have it roll to flat and go straight into the trees and drop OB rather than keeping its line, I had had enough of it after my difficulties with it in any wind.

My 176 GL Pain is often stable/straight when thrown flat and hard. I too have had it knocked down into a heady. Under 300' and its got the gliding fade I'm looking for in my overstablish mid slot. Its currently under the gun and out of the bag as I'm testing other options. I've gotten of couple recommends on the Vector and KC Rocs and others have suggested Sent or Star Sanny Rocs as affordable alturnatives.

Hmmh, seems like the pain mold is pretty inconsistent on the whole then. my max weight copper coloured ones are identical to eachother and pretty overstable. I can release them with a slight anhyzer to a medium wind and it'll always come back in the end. Pretty sad that it's this inconsistent since the pain is awesome when it flies like I THINK it's intended to fly.

It might just be me. I like the Pain's gliding fade on low lines for 250-280' but around 300'+ I'm starting to worry. When I try to push the Pain for a little extra its not coming through. Come up short or something but don't stable out or have the wind pound you to the ground every other time, please

7ontheline said:
What? Are you saying that Blues are stablish instead of the Pain's intended overstable flight and Pink's have the most fade??

Well, no. I was saying blues and pinks are radically different. Though my experiences agree with what your statement, you in fact made said statement, not I. :mrgreen:

But those are my findings, yes.

Bump..

So after all these runs of pains,are the GLs still more stable than the optos? Looking to try some and i actually have a pink gl and pink opto coming in. Both 177+

Booter said:
Bump..

So after all these runs of pains,are the GLs still more stable than the optos? Looking to try some and i actually have a pink gl and pink opto coming in. Both 177+

I figured you'd be happy with gators. I liked the shockwave and wasp more than the gl pain though right now I'm bagging a Roc3. It's just not as windy in Memphis as it is in TX. Let us know how your pinks fly, flat max wt. Roc3 don't fade much if at all into moderate headwinds.

I am happy with my gators,those will stay. Im actually auditioning these to see how they hold against my qsents. I love my qsents too but the grip is really shallow for me,even with small hands. Ill try the pains and see what happens out here. Its windy as hell right now so ,itll be good testing weather.

Latest posts