• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The House of Pain

I can understand making typos on your phone, I can't understand not correcting them.

Writing this with my ZTE Blade.

I can understand making typos on your phone, I can't understand not correcting them.

Writing this with my ZTE Blade.

I mistake words all the time but I really don't care about my mispells either. :mrgreen: I threw a GL Pain and it flew exactly how I like a moderate to overstable midrange to fly. It was a 176 GL I think. I liked it so much that I changed my midrange bag to ESP Comets and Pains. Nothing else needed for me. New ESP Comet, used ESP Comet, Beat (straighish fade) Pain and New Pain. 8)

Booter said:
you dnt make typos but you make double posts. nice

besides. i dont correct them because i dont care really.
So it seems. I can blame that one on the browser though, typos I couldn't. =)

So the question wasn't answered...how do the heavy optos compare to the champ glow Rocs? Or the 06 champs?

I have only thrown the 4x kenny glow roc's, so here is my comparison. The 177g Opto Pain I Had flew very straight and then just dumped in the last 20% of it's flight. Where as the 4x glow roc seemed to want to slowly hyzer out for me. I would say the late fade of the pain is a little more abrupt than the 4x. The opto pain reminded me of what the flight of a champ firebird is for me. The firebird is a dump hyzer(Not a gliding hyzer like a pred).

BLURR said:
I have only thrown the 4x kenny glow roc's, so here is my comparison. The 177g Opto Pain I Had flew very straight and then just dumped in the last 20% of it's flight. Where as the 4x glow roc seemed to want to slowly hyzer out for me. I would say the late fade of the pain is a little more abrupt than the 4x. The opto pain reminded me of what the flight of a champ firebird is for me. The firebird is a dump hyzer(Not a gliding hyzer like a pred).

I think in a couple more runs - fingers crossed - we will know more about how the gold and opto should fly. I really prefer the opto, primarily because the characteristics you're describing appear in the goldline I have...the opto flight is just smoother, and I can actually turn it at high speeds if I wanted to. The gold I have really falls off in it's flight earlier than the opto, which actually is OK with me just because I like that better for short forehand shots.

I whacked my GL pain on the concrete tee quite and scraped up the bead quite a bit today to see if it would lose some of its LSS and it worked pretty well. It straightened out quite a bit and man it just goes. Where it used to seem like a fresh KC Pro Roc, it now reminds me of a faster fresh DX Roc. Dare I say it flew like a new 05 SB Roc? Gave me some hope that these will straighten out with time. It does seem that the Optos are less stable out of the box, but in my experience Opto breaks in really slowly, whereas GL breaks in relatively quickly. I'm hoping I'll have a straight to understable Pain some time in the coming year.

Anyone want an '08 champ rancho roc double stamp? The pain has kicked it out of my bag for good. The only other disc that has come this close to kicking the roc out have been the e blaze and e warrior, but finding another similar opto pain seems a lot easier than hunting down similar gateway discs.

I've got a 177 red opto that is exactly what I need to compliment my quiver of comets. Very hss, unless rolled over on purpose or thrown into a 20+ headwind, and very low speed overstable.

^^^^^^ Good Call. I'ved been rocking the 2 ESP Comets and 2 Pains for all my midrange needs.