• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The MVP Spin is the Comet of putters..

Is the Spin the Comet of putters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have been putting with the proton spin and really enjoying it. never liked putting with a premium plastic before but was messing around with the spin one day and realized it would hold a line for ever on a putt. I kinda have a splush putt and the spin is great for that.

I have been putting with the proton spin and really enjoying it. never liked putting with a premium plastic before but was messing around with the spin one day and realized it would hold a line for ever on a putt. I kinda have a splush putt and the spin is great for that.

Right on man, right on!

Too bad that 'premium' plastic is so flexible and so slick that even after I ran it through a sandblaster, it was still un-grippable.

Not so premium.

Dishwasher buddy... stick it in there if you have nothing to lose... the electron is nice and grippy it's also more understable...

I was referencing the plastic the Habit comes in...not so premium.

I really did sandblast it. There was no release agent, stamp or anything else left.

That's odd.
Whatever their champion-like plastic is, it has plenty of grip for me.
Haven't thrown the opaque looking plastic or any baselines.

That's odd.
Whatever their champion-like plastic is, it has plenty of grip for me.
Haven't thrown the opaque looking plastic or any baselines.

It was opaque. It was slick like old school Ti but was a flx blend of some sort; durability somewhere between ESP and X and had a somewhat waxy feeling.

Horrid.

Makes me think of Discspeed's Comet and Tangent analogy from 2013:

Slightly unrelated, but does anyone know him in person? I used to go to discgolfreview back in the day, and between there and here he posted like 50 times a day, and then one day just stopped cold turkey. I always wondered why.

Slightly unrelated, but does anyone know him in person? I used to go to discgolfreview back in the day, and between there and here he posted like 50 times a day, and then one day just stopped cold turkey. I always wondered why.

Nah Grips still around, I believe his given name is Kevin. Good dude! I didn't realize he was a DGR guy, awesomeness.

Got a gorgeous laser hyzer flip chain out at 180' with my Spin.. No fade it flipped up locked on the line and was an almost ace.. Which is still just a 2.

Got a gorgeous laser hyzer flip chain out at 180' with my Spin.. No fade it flipped up locked on the line and was an almost ace.. Which is still just a 2.

cool... I have an ace with an Electron Spin at pretty much the same distance. 201' but a little downhill... so effectively 180'.
I threw into a headwind and gave it plenty of room to drift to the right.
Didn't expect to hit metal and definitely didn't expect it to stick... but hey, I'm not complaining!

cool... I have an ace with an Electron Spin at pretty much the same distance. 201' but a little downhill... so effectively 180'.
I threw into a headwind and gave it plenty of room to drift to the right.
Didn't expect to hit metal and definitely didn't expect it to stick... but hey, I'm not complaining!

Yeah I want a heavy electron Spin, I think my buddy Leuch is bringing me one that I got him to buy that he didn't like.. I gave him my backup Envy for letting me crash at his place and I will probably be giving him another Envy for that Spin.

My electron 165 is more of a speciality anny disc, my proton 165 is much more utility it still holds pretty straight with a little hyzer, it still turns it's not a major difference just a little less touchy.

Wait, I was referring to Discspeed, not Grip. Is that who you were talking about?

Nope I haven't seen discspeed for a while... last login was 2014

I am going to throw the heck out of my 165 Spins today though, first round of the tourney.. Hoping for a few awesome shots with them. My buddy Leuch is bringing me a heavy electron one.. Really curious where that will sit stability wise.

He left FL for work, and priorities shifted was what he told me.

I just got my hands on a 174 electron spin.. It's nice but... still pretty understable out of the box I lock it in downhill on a tunnel and it just keeps drifting left, right at the end LHBH.

I thought the weight might mellow out the electron plastic.. Definitely a bigger fan of the protons for real straight shots.

Why don't you post on the Spin thread or the MVP thread? The poll results are in and the Spin is definitely not the Comet of putters.

Why don't you post on the Spin thread or the MVP thread? The poll results are in and the Spin is definitely not the Comet of putters.

Haha.. I should have said:

The PROTON Spin is the Comet of putters!!!

Saw an APX today at the store like the shape.. Tempting! Tried my 174 electron Spin again.. It's crap compared to a Proton 165. Too inconsistent and S like. I like it for Anhyzers for sure, my 165 electron is better because I know it's touchy.. It's like my proton with extra turn. The 174 might break into something but I'm not sure I have the patience.