• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

If you stick around for long enough you'll just get used to it. This is basically the premier forum for disc golf aficionados...similarly, I'm sort of active on a video game forum...and when new things are announced the amount of speculation is just ENORMOUS. People excited about the sport tend to get excited about new things.
I think it's just great to have something to read :D

I'm still waiting for your completion of the washing pole run.

Hah didn't realize anyone was paying attention to those. I knocked out Seath and Pinwheel. I could record the four kings fight, that'll be a fun one.

I'm really pumped to try the servo tomorrow. Any requests or just do my usual test video?

Hah didn't realize anyone was paying attention to those. I knocked out Seath and Pinwheel. I could record the four kings fight, that'll be a fun one.

I'm really pumped to try the servo tomorrow. Any requests or just do my usual test video?

What do you have in the neutral-stable category to compare it to? TL, FD, anything like that?

Please try some rollers, hyzer flips, and have fun. I'm excited to see

Me too, cannot wait for Servo. I like to see Servo being throw with varying levels of power. Also anhyzer, flat and hyzer lines!

Last edited:

I enjoy the test videos you have done that have the voice-over talking about how you threw the disc and how it flew compared to what you expected.

Me too, cannot wait for Servo. I like to see Servo being throw with varying levels of power. Also anhyzer, flat and hyzer lines!

I enjoy the test videos you have done that have the voice-over talking about how you threw the disc and how it flew compared to what you expected.

These two combined.

Different power levels, different release types. They could all be standing on the same tee, even, for better comparisons. Different tee pads make you hit high and low windows so it doesn't make comparisons as easy.

At least in one video you were commentating the shots. I really liked that, so that's my request. If someone doesn't want to hear commenting they can just mute the video but who wouldn't :)

Me. I like watching my videos with music much more than narration :) But I also get to pick stuff I like...

I'll consider narrating though since I know its what everyone besides me likes. As for comparisons I have a fresh F2 and F3 and a seasoned SJLS I'll probably bring. Gonna try to talk a friend into joining me as well.

Me. I like watching my videos with music much more than narration :) But I also get to pick stuff I like...

I'll consider narrating though since I know its what everyone besides me likes. As for comparisons I have a fresh F2 and F3 and a seasoned SJLS I'll probably bring. Gonna try to talk a friend into joining me as well.

Mike dont go through the extra work to narrating your videos.. everyone can see what the disc does after you throw it, we dont need a voice telling us whats happening and what you like about it.. The music is GREAT.

My sggestion would be to have text at the end of the video saying what you liked about the discs you tested in the video and the flight ratings you would rate the disc at.. etc..

That would be much less work and provide just as good insight. :)

Just apply a little ducking when you narrate. Song volume drops a bit for the two seconds you're speaking, then comes back up.

I don't think people want you to narrate what the disc is doing - they can SEE that - but something like "300' of power on a hyzer release" or "350' of power on an annie release" would be helpful.

Of course, that could be done as text on the screen too. Which I'd actually prefer - I can still follow along by watching it on mute if I dislike your taste in music. :D :D :D

Last edited:
Just apply a little ducking when you narrate. Song volume drops a bit for the two seconds you're speaking, then comes back up.

I don't think people want you to narrate what the disc is doing - they can SEE that - but something like "300' of power on a hyzer release" or "350' of power on an annie release" would be helpful.

Of course, that could be done as text on the screen too. Which I'd actually prefer - you can watch it on mute if you dislike your taste in music. :D :D
Using text instead of narrating is a good idea. Then you could still have a music in the background, Mike!

Love the music, but a telepathic message through the universal crystal grid connecting us would be ideal. Perhaps coupled with digital rpm counter and feet/sec throw rate and what you ate for breakfast that morning.

Or whatever you want to use to express yourself is cool. I just subtract two or three bars of power from your player anyway. My player isn't as developed.

Word.

I like that idea. Maybe a one page summary and some rough flight ratings for the sample I threw.

text is plus cause I am deaf :) But I do enjoy music.

Yeah, I prefer text to and it helps deaf golfers which personally, I didn't even think of when watching narrated videos. Also, as someone who has tried to use youtube's captions, they ****ing blow.

Interesting. Are you expecting it to be more along the lines of the Prodigy drivers or the SJLS? I've heard the F2 is relatively beefy, but I may be mistaken.

Latest posts