• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

I wonder where a lot of the weight difference is.. say 175 vs 157 wheres the +\-20g in the core or OM?

I'd imagine this means they are making cores in more than one weight in order to preserve gyroscopic weight distribution thus creating different weights that fly similarly. Otherwise the different weights would fly drastically different like they often do in DG manufacturing in general.

So I'd guess they are making multiple weights of cores and overmolds.

yeah that's what I assumed so probably just follows a ratio or something for core/OM weights.

I always wondered if why we didn't see lighter molds was due to this and the weight would come out of the OM but if different weighted cores are possible in large differences than its just a matter of math I would think to keep the flight properties equal.

I don't really notice weight differences much throwing MVP's like I have others.

Last edited:
I'm happy it looks less stable than the P/E Volts so it will be more workable. I can't wait to get mine...

Me too. Nice vid. Am i wrong to be almost as excited about that orange color. I need that high vis stuff for competing in the snow where a lost disc under snow can essentially ruin a round.

You should also try the Amp, it bombs with ease. Should be somewhere in between your river and underworld

I have; it's the only MVP fairway I've auditioned extensively. It's a very nice disc, but it wasn't anywhere near the easy distance that the River or Underworld gave at the time I was trying it out: I'd net another 30'+ with the Euro discs on a softer throw. Like I said, the biggest distance between MVP fairways and Euro fairways for me has been the extra distance; I'll be curious to see if the Servo is any different, especially since my distance has upped in the past few months.

It seems that MVP is getting a lot more color variation in that purple and light blue molds. That first Servo Mike show is a Lavender where the Resistor I have is a bold grape. Then we have the Light blue and a very light Sky blue. I like the different shade of the colors. I wish they'd do more.

Hey Mike, I think i heard its really cold out in the heartland like it is here but did you give the Servo a workout on any FH, BH which finish right, or BH hyzers which hold a line left through the flight?

I'm happy it looks less stable than the P/E Volts so it will be more workable. I can't wait to get mine...

Exactly how I see it. You can have a fresh Volt for straight to fade, a Shock or Resistor for strong headwindsz amp for understable lines, and the Servo can cover everything between the Volt and Amp. That's my first impression at least. For my power level I find it very similar to the FR Volts. Thrown with some hyzer and backing off my power a bit they won't flip up all the way to flat, thrown hard and flat I can get a nice S curve, thrown hard and hyzer and I'll get a tighter S with a bigger fade etc.

My favorite part of the video was parking that 380' hole twice back to back. I actually got it four times in a row, but those were the best looking two so the others got cut.

Hey Mike, I think i heard its really cold out in the heartland like it is here but did you give the Servo a workout on any FH, BH which finish right, or BH hyzers which hold a line left through the flight?

The first day I did all BH, was really feeling them. FH I'll try next day I throw. I did one throw with an orange trying to make it hold a right turn to the ground but it fought out some, and I know I have a hyzer that flies into the fence on a "water" hole but it was kind of hard to see.

Mobile version will be uploaded today.

The first day I did all BH, was really feeling them. FH I'll try next day I throw. I did one throw with an orange trying to make it hold a right turn to the ground but it fought out some, and I know I have a hyzer that flies into the fence on a "water" hole but it was kind of hard to see.

Mobile version will be uploaded today.

Sweet. Also nice to hear it will be a good replacement for the first run volt. I just took my favorite one, my original out of my bag so I don't lose it in the snow. I'm hoping for a nice bright color for this disc.

On your vid on that last shot where the camera is near the basket it looks like on your push step you fulll slip yet still park it. And now looking again I can see that hyzer shot. I bet that really light one will hold lines right to the ground. Your buddy is an animal in a tee shirt* at 25 degrees.

I'm really looking forward to this disc for FH'ing tricky fairways which go left.

Last edited:
This disc looks awesome. I was hoping to curtail my disc spending but after watching Mike C's video, I am very excited to get my hands on one of these. Looks like a very workable control driver.

Mobile friendly.

I think the Servo isn't going to steal throws as much as make certain holes easier. When I start the video you can see #7 in the background, the one where I throw over a pond betwen two small pines with a slightly uphill basket. That hole will be easier with a Servo than trying to put a bit of anny on a fresh Volt, and with less lateral movement than the Amp it should make the backhand slight turnover line easier for me to hit. Also the short hole I mention acing with a Volt, it seems very nice for that shot.

There are a couple of holes like that, which require a slight turnover or a low, straight line, which I think the Servo will excel at. Basically if you go watch the MVP Volt first test video from fall 2012, al of those slight turnover shots I'm throwing like on #18, I see the Servo excelling at handling.

That's not to say it won't see use for hyzers and straight shots, that was just where I imagined working for me with regards to how I throw the rest of my bag. The heavy ones felt reliable for seasoned dx teebird style lines, just straight flights that don't turn, and fade later than you'd expect. I'm excited to learn the disc better.

If I can, I'd really like to take this to a wooded course this weekend and hit some tighte gaps and try some flicks.

I have; it's the only MVP fairway I've auditioned extensively. It's a very nice disc, but it wasn't anywhere near the easy distance that the River or Underworld gave at the time I was trying it out: I'd net another 30'+ with the Euro discs on a softer throw. Like I said, the biggest distance between MVP fairways and Euro fairways for me has been the extra distance; I'll be curious to see if the Servo is any different, especially since my distance has upped in the past few months.

Extra distance at the cost of accuracy ;)