• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

Thanks Mike, that is what I expected. Very impressed to park 380' hole 4 times :) Heavy Servo like seasoned DX Teebird, that is perfect. Between Volt and Amp so Servo defintely will be my workhorse driver by far. I got 34 discs ordrer with MVP and half of them is Servo :) Will sell some after I tried them all.

I just ordered over twenty of them myself. I think these will be making their way into a lot of bags. I love it when they release a disc I'm not 100% sure I'll need in my bag, and I'm converted on day one.

Watching my video again I can't help but feel like I'm throwing a baby qolf (1.1). Pumped to go play today even if the weather is terrible.

Another great vid, Mike.

Thanks!

I just ordered over twenty of them myself. I think these will be making their way into a lot of bags. I love it when they release a disc I'm not 100% sure I'll need in my bag, and I'm converted on day one.

Watching my video again I can't help but feel like I'm throwing a baby qolf (1.1). Pumped to go play today even if the weather is terrible.

Thanks!

If you get a chance will you film a few FH drives with the Servo (powered up and down)? Thanks! Great Video as always!

Baby qolf 1.1, nice! Curious on FH throws. I'll be biggest fan of yours when you start playing tournaments :)

Pumped to go play today even if the weather is terrible.

Now I definitely want a Servo.... weather be damned!
Actually, I've been enjoying having courses all to myself in Northeast Ohio... I'll have to make the drive to to Spiker-Arboretum... looks fun in the snow!

I'm down to throw a round if you want. Maybe we could meet up over the weekend and you could preview the Servo.

I'm going to go out to Oak Ledges and hopefully film a few holes.

I'm down to throw a round if you want. Maybe we could meet up over the weekend and you could preview the Servo.

I'm going to go out to Oak Ledges and hopefully film a few holes.

If that was directed to me, then I'm in. Always up for throwing, and would certainly love to toss a Servo. Work schedule and lack of daylight afterwords keeps me from getting out this time of the year during the week, so I'm always planning to get out on the weekends.

Threw Oak Ledges for the first time a few weeks back. Loved that course...such great terrain out there.

Threw Oak Ledges for the first time a few weeks back. Loved that course...such great terrain out there.
I went there for my birthday; it is fantastic. I live in Parma, right in the middle of three courses, and my wife and I checked out four courses further south on that day. 3/4 were great.

We started playing this summer; we pooled money with some friends and got a whole bunch of discs from various brands, but I gravitated towards MVP due to the feel of their plastic, comfort, looks, and theming. (My wife and I also like Westside and Vibram.) Accordingly, I've watched a lot of Mike C.'s videos, and only realized this week where he was recording most of them, because I recognized the red/white/blue basket that's dedicated to a fallen soldier at Arboretum-Spiker Park.

Mike, do you give lessons? We might be interested in having a mini-clinic when it warms up. I wonder if anybody else would be interested.

I don't think I'm a very good teacher but I'm always willing to try that out with anyone interested.

I filmed a full round at Oak Ledges teeing off witb only servos. The ending was intense! Also nearly aced a 400' downhill shots (#11 to #17's basket which is the new hole for now).

Mike, your the man for doing these little video peeks for us nerds. Do you ever get tired of it or more little parts like editing, rethrowing, etc.?

I'm always just as excited as anyone else to see what the new discs do, so its fun for me. I enjoy putting the videos together too. It does get time consuming but since I enjoy it I don't mind.

I don't think I'm a very good teacher but I'm always willing to try that out with anyone interested.

I filmed a full round at Oak Ledges teeing off witb only servos. The ending was intense! Also nearly aced a 400' downhill shots (#11 to #17's basket which is the new hole for now).

If you ever get a chance to teach a clinic, you should watch some clinics by dave feldberg and learn how to teach based on his methods and organization.. he does a great job of it. Also discraft has some good teaching videos to check out. You could start off with friends who want to learn and teach them and after you learn how to teach by helping your friends first, you will get better and more comfortable. It will also help your own game, trust me :)

I taught a class at my university how to disc and it helped my own game immediately.

I wonder if the guys at MVP love watching your videos to find out how well their products are performing as much as we do :D F5, F5, F5

Last edited:

Agree to disagree… Your instructional videos have been a huge help to me personally since I started playing.

Look forward to seeing the Oak Ledges video... Definitely definitely want to throw that course again soon.

Newest edition: A sort of dark, creamsicle orange. I love it!

Servo vs QJLS:

Servo vs Star TL:

The 171g Servo went up against this 171g seasoned TL, 159g new QJLS, and my trusty seasoned 171g FR Amp. There was a slight breeze. Max D out of the four was around 290.

Couple observations:

It's flat. Not freaky flat like the Resistor, but nice and flat. The QJLS has much more dome in comparison. It also feels nice and comfortable in the hand.

The Servo is more stable than all of them. I couldn't flip it, or really even turn it. I threw all four on annys, and the Servo didn't want any of it. It just held strong and went straight. The other three went right, then came back, with the TL going way right.

It was also the shortest of the four discs by about 10-15 feet. I wish the QJLS was the same weight as the Servo, because it flew the most similar of the four. I think the light weight of the "J" (as Zam says) allowed for it get a little more D. The Amp was the longest, which is logical.

I want to give this disc a more thorough workout, to see if it can find a spot in the bag. Mike C was right, it's very controllable. To be honest, it flew a lot like my seasoned FR N Volt. Just a tick shorter, and a tick more stable.

Now that I have a heavier Servo, I want a light one to see if it offers a bit more D. Overall, this is a great disc, but it definitely has more stability than I was expecting. For noodles like myself, it has a straight flight, and a deliberate fade. I don't think anyone (except maybe huge arms, or poor form) will be describing this disc as "flippy."

Edit: Sorry if the pics are too big. I'm not sure how to shrink them yet. :p

Newest edition: A sort of dark, creamsicle orange. I love it!

Servo vs QJLS:

Servo vs Star TL:

The 171g Servo went up against this 171g seasoned TL, 159g new QJLS, and my trusty seasoned 171g FR Amp. There was a slight breeze. Max D out of the four was around 290.

Couple observations:

It's flat. Not freaky flat like the Resistor, but nice and flat. The QJLS has much more dome in comparison. It also feels nice and comfortable in the hand.

The Servo is more stable than all of them. I couldn't flip it, or really even turn it. I threw all four on annys, and the Servo didn't want any of it. It just held strong and went straight. The other three went right, then came back, with the TL going way right.

It was also the shortest of the four discs by about 10-15 feet. I wish the QJLS was the same weight as the Servo, because it flew the most similar of the four. I think the light weight of the "J" (as Zam says) allowed for it get a little more D. The Amp was the longest, which is logical.

I want to give this disc a more thorough workout, to see if it can find a spot in the bag. Mike C was right, it's very controllable. To be honest, it flew a lot like my seasoned FR N Volt. Just a tick shorter, and a tick more stable.

Now that I have a heavier Servo, I want a light one to see if it offers a bit more D. Overall, this is a great disc, but it definitely has more stability than I was expecting. For noodles like myself, it has a straight flight, and a deliberate fade. I don't think anyone (except maybe huge arms, or poor form) will be describing this disc as "flippy."

Edit: Sorry if the pics are too big. I'm not sure how to shrink them yet. :p

Thanks for the noodle write up. Sounds a little more stable than I was expecting, but should be fun to try some lines with. Did they put you on the tester list when you bought the Ion hot stamp?

Onemilemore, I'm not really sure when I may have come up on the tester radar, but I'm sure buying the hotstamp die didn't hurt. :p

The more I think about it, the more this disc makes sense for noodles, as well as bigger arms. My FR Amp is pretty stable, and I know the new ones are much flippier. A P Volt/Servo/Amp trio would be great in any bag. I mean, you could wait around to beat discs in. But out of the box, this one is good to go as a true workhorse fairway.

Onemilemore, I'm not really sure when I may have come up on the tester radar, but I'm sure buying the hotstamp die didn't hurt. :p

The more I think about it, the more this disc makes sense for noodles, as well as bigger arms. My FR Amp is pretty stable, and I know the new ones are much flippier. A P Volt/Servo/Amp trio would be great in any bag. I mean, you could wait around to beat discs in. But out of the box, this one is good to go as a true workhorse fairway.

Yeah that's kinda what it is sounding like. Hoping the boys send one my way to review for the site. If not, I'll have to snag one online somewhere.