• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

Finally feel like the disc I have been missing is here.. axis/beat vector were too blunt to preform well in the wind and beat N volt or amp were much more of a driver. A beat servo I think will be $$ hopefully similar to volts vs shocks where the fade dissipates but retains HSS.

Yah AIM. I will be the first to admit, my form is just not good enough to flick MVP mids in the wind in competition. I go Zone flick, or Firebird flick for anything upwind. Downwind is much more flexible but I will almost never throw a mid if it is cold and nasty and windy because drivers are that much more predictable height wise for me. Throwing Volts downwind is a thing of beauty though.

volts are great just find the speed to be a little fast for what I want in some shots. I honestly throw my ions for a lot of the tees I think this disc might excel at for my style/bag. a true fairway like my FR shock but not understable.

I think this is one of my best videos yet.

Full 18 holes with some Servos and a pair of Ions. Forehand drives as requested.

Video might still be processing, just check back in five if so.

Neat thing is those two people behind the basket on 18 were fans that happened to catch tht putt, then talked with me a bit after our round. It was a fun day.

volts are great just find the speed to be a little fast for what I want in some shots. I honestly throw my ions for a lot of the tees I think this disc might excel at for my style/bag. a true fairway like my FR shock but not understable.

Can you throw putter with fierce continental winds confidently? Myself, when winds get up I go way Overstable.

That FH grip is nice, right Mike? I found it to be very comfortable with the flat top.

Can you throw putter with fierce continental winds confidently? Myself, when winds get up I go way Overstable.

yes def. I even throw my tangent over resistor but your not wrong at all. I tend to throw with hyzer and know what my discs can do very well I don't need to rely on their stability to come through for me.

yes def. I even throw my tangent over resistor but your not wrong at all. I tend to throw with hyzer and know what my discs can do very well I don't need to rely on their stability to come through for me.

That must be comforting. I'm an Overstability whore at times particularly when it feels like you shouldn't be outside. It seems like when you are cold and stunned it is that much easier to rush, and forget to check the wind or just generally not factor it in enough. Being all bundled up isn't exactly the easiet way to get in touch with ones environment either and the wind seems to be stronger in the winter and spring anyway.

Sweet vid mike. I definitely liked the FH's, shot's finishing right, the tunnel flexes, and the general variety. Looks like a nice disc. Can you notice the speed distance from volt out of your hand visually or is it more in where it ends up?

Nothing makes me swoon more than when you post a video with an american football song. Easily my top three all time favorite bands.

I knew you'd dig the soundtrack :)

Those were all 170-175 I believe, except the turnover on 9 was the 157.

that was a great video showcase. i was little worried about the 8min seeing i wasnt as big a fan of the music on that last servo vid. sweet bird to round it out.

I think this is one of my best videos yet.

Wow... that was some sick putting...nice job Mike. Looked like that car driving up on the side of 16 was about to get a souvenir there for a moment ;-) The Servo looks like a fairly useful disc.

Something I've experienced with the MVP discs is that I don't seem to be able to get a true flight from the discs given a particular weight and disc type compared to similar ones from other companies.

Lately I've wondered if this is due to the overmold/gyro effect with the weight being more on the outside of the disc comparatively and if I just need to get some lighter weight models. Seeing the different lines of the 157 vs. 175 Servo sort of set the lightbulb off that I might have just purchased too heavy discs for this manufacturer.

The lineup of MVP discs I have now are all in the 170-177 range, so I'm thinking I might just need to get some mid to low 160's to toss around. Anyone have any thoughts or experience anything similar?

not sure if all molds are available in lower weights but it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Should be able to get them up to speed a little easier but its not going to be night and day differences.

Great vid, Mike. Wow great FH throw! Also amazing putting! Seems like lighter Servo will work best for me per Mike/BigSky reviews. Cannot wait for package from MVP! I am only 300 feet away from 500+ foot open field driving range and 200 feet to Turkeynator #10 teepad!

Judging from what Mike showed, and what I saw from the heavy, I think the lightest weight Servos will be MVP's best beginner drivers to date. I think I might treat myself to a little Christmas present and pick one up. :thmbup:

Hmm, I'm going to wait and see as long as I can hold out on this one. Sounds a bit more stable than I expected, and sometimes that gets adjusted on the next run. I was really hoping for a slower version of my FR Shock, which was a nicely understable disc :)

Course last time I said I would hold out, I pre-ordered the Resistor with the HAlloween stamp :p

Last edited:
Watched Servo 2 vid again and I counted 11 birdies = 43. Based on SSE for Oak Ledges is 48 (1000 rated). Each throw is about 8 rating points so Mike's round yesterday with snow/cold and just two discs (Servo and Ion) is rated about 1040! Wow! Oh man, the man with no shirt is ready for prime time! I been playing/practice with no shirt here in Orlando (needing those free Vitamin D3)!