• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

I dont care where they've taken the weight out of... yet, I can't wait to see what can happen with a 15g drop in weight, I always feel like I'm skirting the potential of the discs (MVP) that I play with. They opened possibilities for me with 176g Axis, I just want something that I can use to it's full potential instead of just getting it up to speed.

I am skinny as hell yet can throw max weight discs and even the stupi9d heavy FR Prometheus. People are worried wayyyy too much about it IMO. Throw some plastic already quit playing with your scales.

I am skinny as hell yet can throw max weight discs and even the stupi9d heavy FR Prometheus. People are worried wayyyy too much about it IMO. Throw some plastic already quit playing with your scales.
Clearly you are not a creaky old fart with decades of accumulated sports injuries. Lucky you. :p

Clearly you are not a creaky old fart with decades of accumulated sports injuries. Lucky you. :p

Lol still dont see too many old guys that cant swing a hammer why so much trouble throwing plastic :) point taken though for you elders I guess.

Servo Test Vid

I got a PSA at the end. :D

Ill write up a review after my tounrney tom. About to play some music with a bud.

Nice vid Menace! How far was that throw on hole 9? It looked to hold the line pretty well.

Last edited:
looking real good Menace. I see you're enjoying the same snow that I am.

Agreed.

Whats cool about the MVP stuff is they have to take a little more weight out of the GYRO rim to get the weights down to 157g and you can definitely see a little more turn/fade with the lighter MVP discs with just that 15-20g difference in the higher speed molds.

Whoa assumption...I've talked to them extensively in the past about developing lighter weight discs and it was always a priority to preserve the gyro weight ratio as the weights went down, so I highly doubt this is the case.

How far you throwing that heavy Prometheus? Perhaps there are different definitions of "can throw max weight". If you aren't throwing the max weight Prometheus 400'+ I'm not so sure about that.:D

Grip mechanics are complicated and varied between individuals and much more the core issue here than how skinny one is. If you can snap a 150 class disc, but don't get it on a max weight the difference in flight will be night and day...The difference between a flying disc with spin or basically a projectile with momentum.

Whoa assumption...I've talked to them extensively in the past about developing lighter weight discs and it was always a priority to preserve the gyro weight ratio as the weights went down, so I highly doubt this is the case.

I specifically asked them about this before also, and they said a little weight ratio can be lost in the lightest weights mid 150's. even if its "priority" not to lose that ratio it likely some is to be lost when you try to drop a disc 20 grams in weight.

Just by throwing the lighter weights in the 150g's you can tell the turn/fade is quicker and more prevalent.. likely because of just lighter weights being easier to get up to speed, but also less gyro would be a reason for quicker turn/fade transitions.

Since MVP has gotten bigger they don't talk much about the details anymore, i get less and less details out of them the bigger their company grows.. i hardly even talk to them anymore because i usually get some general "politician talk" out of them. Nothing like beating around the bush.

Last edited:
How far you throwing that heavy Prometheus? Perhaps there are different definitions of "can throw max weight". If you aren't throwing the max weight Prometheus 400'+ I'm not so sure about that.:D

Grip mechanics are complicated and varied between individuals and much more the core issue here than how skinny one is. If you can snap a 150 class disc, but don't get it on a max weight the difference in flight will be night and day...The difference between a flying disc with spin or basically a projectile with momentum.

Prometheus was just an example its not bagged but could push it to 400' I don't disagree with any of what you're saying-- I was just trying to point out that ~20 paper clips worth of weight shouldn't be as much of a issue as it is here. people are picky down to a few grams which i find just another thing to worry about mentally and in reality does little to improve your game at all.

~20 paper clips worth of weight shouldn't be as much of a issue as it is here. people are picky down to a few grams which i find just another thing to worry about mentally and in reality does little to improve your game at all.

I agree with much of this...I don't worry about 2-3 grams in the discs I throw anymore. However 20 paper clips driven to the outside fraction of a 21cm diameter disc does make a huge difference...2-3 paperclips are probably the difference between MVP discs and standard discs and the flight difference is quite perceptible.

I specifically asked them about this before also, and they said a little weight ratio can be lost in the lightest weights mid 150's. even if its "priority" not to lose that ratio it likely some is to be lost when you try to drop a disc 20 grams in weight.

Just by throwing the lighter weights in the 150g's you can tell the turn/fade is quicker and more prevalent.. likely because of just lighter weights being easier to get up to speed, but also less gyro would be a reason for quicker turn/fade transitions.

Since MVP has gotten bigger they don't talk much about the details anymore, i get less and less details out of them the bigger their company grows.. i hardly even talk to them anymore because i usually get some general "politician talk" out of them. Nothing like beating around the bush.

I don't think it is reasonable of you to be expecting them to freely share proprietary information. What incentive is there for them to let you know about specific ratios, other than to satisfy curiosity? There is a lot more at stake for them from a production standpoint that merits them keeping that information to themselves.

Latest posts