• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

I don't think it is reasonable of you to be expecting them to freely share proprietary information. What incentive is there for them to let you know about specific ratios, other than to satisfy curiosity? There is a lot more at stake for them from a production standpoint that merits them keeping that information to themselves.

I would NEVER ask specific mathematical ratios, lol wtf?!

this is almost the exact question i asked them like a year ago:

"Is there less ratio of weight in the GYRO rim when you make the discs at minimum weights compared to heavier ones?"

no specifics or proprietary info, just a general question i thought it would be interesting to know. (and something we should be able to know) However, they didnt really give a clear answer, it was around the lines of, its possible that there could be a very little difference and they try to be consistent..blah blah.. etc

You guys get some bat **** crazy ideas somethimes.. omg :doh:

And besides, the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask.

Last edited:
I would NEVER ask specific mathematical ratios, lol wtf?!

this is almost the exact question i asked them like a year ago:

"Is there less ratio of weight in the GYRO rim when you make the discs at minimum weights compared to heavier ones?"

no specifics or proprietary info, just a general question i thought it would be interesting to know.

You guys get some bat **** crazy ideas somethimes.. omg :doh:

And besides, the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask.

Hey man, you were complaining about not getting information out of them, no need to call me bat **** crazy. Just pointing out that maybe they don't want to release information to people who aren't in on the ground floor, regardless of how sensitive you personally deem that information to be.

Was waiting for someone to bust out an "I know you are, but what am I?" ;-)
Found out my local shop (Play It Again Sports) won't be ordering more discs till Spring.
Might have to pre-order a Servo online as well.

I think I'm just gonna wait and order my color and weight, ima order two and see how they fly when they are released. This will probably help so I don't have to power down a volt or get a lot of height on an axis.

Wouldn't want to get hit by one of those white Servo boners, no sir!

Servo is not on the Inbounds chart yet, how long does it usually take before a disc shows up on the chart?

Got my Servo from the gentlemen at MVP today. Mine weighs 171 grams and is that sweet Carolina blue.

For reference, I max out around 300 feet or so, so please take that into consideration when reading this first taste.

I took it out to the greenbelt behind my house, where I have a makeshift object course set up. It's a fairly narrow area where, if I miss my line, I am liable to either hit a parked car or end up in someone's back yard. So, placement is key, and I usually just take a mid back there.

Based on my first impression of about 20 throws, the Servo reminds me a lot of an Innova TL or my Discmania C-FD - actually, kind of a hybrid of the two.

Like most MVP discs, this thing locks on a line and holds it for about 90% of its flight. In this case, that line is super straight, with a small fade at the end. The HSS reminds me of the C-FD, whereas the fade is smaller, hence more reminiscent of the TL.

I tried to force an anny out of it, but could not get it to hold at my power. It would flex out after about 70% of its flight, making for some nice s-curves.

Where I was most impressed was with the hyzer lines I could get it to hold: long, gorgeous, sweeping hyzers that would hit and stick.

I'm looking forward to getting this to an actual course and seeing what kinds of lines it can work. I think it will need to break in to develop some turn, but it has a very point-and-shoot quality that will be useful when there isn't much room for error laterally.

Nice review! I used to have TL and FD in my bag so it is good to have "better" version of them coming soon to my way!

Got my Servo from the gentlemen at MVP today. Mine weighs 171 grams and is that sweet Carolina blue.

For reference, I max out around 300 feet or so, so please take that into consideration when reading this first taste.

I took it out to the greenbelt behind my house, where I have a makeshift object course set up. It's a fairly narrow area where, if I miss my line, I am liable to either hit a parked car or end up in someone's back yard. So, placement is key, and I usually just take a mid back there.

Based on my first impression of about 20 throws, the Servo reminds me a lot of an Innova TL or my Discmania C-FD - actually, kind of a hybrid of the two.

Like most MVP discs, this thing locks on a line and holds it for about 90% of its flight. In this case, that line is super straight, with a small fade at the end. The HSS reminds me of the C-FD, whereas the fade is smaller, hence more reminiscent of the TL.

I tried to force an anny out of it, but could not get it to hold at my power. It would flex out after about 70% of its flight, making for some nice s-curves.

Where I was most impressed was with the hyzer lines I could get it to hold: long, gorgeous, sweeping hyzers that would hit and stick.

I'm looking forward to getting this to an actual course and seeing what kinds of lines it can work. I think it will need to break in to develop some turn, but it has a very point-and-shoot quality that will be useful when there isn't much room for error laterally.

nice read :thmbup: I am looking forward to playing around with mine when it arrives.

Sounds like we had pretty similar results, onemilemore. Would you agree that a light one would serve beginners well?

Sounds like we had pretty similar results, onemilemore. Would you agree that a light one would serve beginners well?

I'd think so. I am not anticipating being able to acquire one too easily, though, since I know they'll be moving out of shops fast.

At the same time, the disc design may not be one where weight is going to be a huge factor. The Amp I was throwing today, for example, was 170, which is heavier than I usually throw. But it was still a breeze because of its understability. The Servo is designed to be stable, so I am not sure a lighter one will fly too differently.

I would think a light Servo might get a little more D with a little less effort, but the flight characteristics will likely be the same. I think this makes it more beginner friendly from a speed standpoint, but a more understable mold than this will be more beginner friendly.

Does it have as much of a slanted rim as the Resistor?

I posted some pics of the rim on page 34. I'm on a phone so copy/paste is a pain.

The rim is more of a typical fairway shape, nearly matching that of a JLS.

I posted some pics of the rim on page 34. I'm on a phone so copy/paste is a pain.

The rim is more of a typical fairway shape, nearly matching that of a JLS.

i dont think he is looking for a wing profile. it seems to me he is asking about the rim depth and the degree of +mold.

i dont think he is looking for a wing profile. it seems to me he is asking about the rim depth and the degree of +mold.

The core is the same as the Resistor. The Servo is a bit more comfortable in the hand, due to the more rounded overmold profile.

Does it have as much of a slanted rim as the Resistor?

resistor being so flat you can feel the slanted inside rim a lot more like a Riot. Servo has a little shoulder and slight dome so should feel different in the hand but all MVP discs have +rims.