• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

1451321_623564854367060_1528463642_n.png

resistor:
2013_12_07_13_32_02_284.jpg

If the Servo is as advertised it might push out my River and I hope it does because I love my River and if the Servo is better than that it'll be one of the best discs in my bag.

You don't find the River to be relatively understable in the first half of the flight?

My Rivers are kind of like my first run Amps (that aren't as understable as they were supposed to be; later run Amps are more US than my Rivers).

My Rivers are kind of like my first run Amps (that aren't as understable as they were supposed to be; later run Amps are more US than my Rivers).

Really? I have only thrown River once but it felt like FD but maybe more overstable, but compared to those my Amp is much more overstable. I'm thinking that Amp needs more power, but have also wondered maybe my Amp is first run even though I bought it this summer... Or maybe it's the gyro. ;)

there is no profile picture out.

Are you sure.. i swear i saw a profile picture yesterday that was a servo on the left and resistor on the right. Its possible that it was a different disc, but i was sure it was the servo. im trying to find it but its as if it has been deleted, was on facebook i think.

Well, let's just make sure we're right when calling others out. ;)

Looking at the profile I'm guessing something a bit straighter than a Teebird, maybe more comparable to a TL / JLS style disc. Excited to try this out, it looks really comfortable.

Looking at the profile I'm guessing something a bit straighter than a Teebird, maybe more comparable to a TL / JLS style disc. Excited to try this out, it looks really comfortable.
Agreed. This and the Amp are my arm's bread & b.

I see 80% JLS and 20% Eagle in that wing

It's a JLS profile, slightly faster, with a top wing dip that will impart some turn and fade boost.

When the specs for the servo came out, I looked at the pdga pdf of approved disc to see which disc it was compariable. It matches the TL on every spec but one, and it was only off by .2. Not sure if that means anything, but it was interesting match.

You don't find the River to be relatively understable in the first half of the flight?

In my experience River can vary. A lot. First one I bought was a orange Opto 170 flip machine. My buddy bought a 170 Opto burnt orange that was a laser beam with a tiny fade. So later on I went out and bought the heaviest domest Opto River my shop had. It was a 173.8 (I had them weigh it) yellow Opto and it is almost as overstable as my Neutron volt. Like a -1, 2 and I throw with about 320-350 power. It is extremely domey though.

My Amp is a laser beam unless I really crank it and then I'll get the late right fade. But at 80% power it my favorite disc.

In my experience River can vary. A lot. First one I bought was a orange Opto 170 flip machine. My buddy bought a 170 Opto burnt orange that was a laser beam with a tiny fade. So later on I went out and bought the heaviest domest Opto River my shop had. It was a 173.8 (I had them weigh it) yellow Opto and it is almost as overstable as my Neutron volt. Like a -1, 2 and I throw with about 320-350 power. It is extremely domey though.

My Amp is a laser beam unless I really crank it and then I'll get the late right fade. But at 80% power it my favorite disc.

I've thrown River in Test Material, Opto, and Gold line. To me, it seems weight trumps plastic with this disc: 172 or above gives credence to the label "Stable control driver," at least when new, regardless of plastic.

Lighter weight Rivers (164 or less), or well seasoned Rivers, fly a nice US line without being too flippy, at least with modest power. From the few throws I made with a 172 Amp, I could see a similarity there.

You're wrong!

here it is :)

1450286_725203434176298_29184722_n.jpg

nice- looked all over for one but am not a part of the group.. seems redundant to have a page and a group being officially MVP :| why not just post that on their main page?!

and being a closed group the photo really isn't "public" ...