• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

Flattest discs I've ever seen. It's almost weird how flat they are.

I know. The combo of the ultra flat core, and the triangular overmold makes for a one of a kind profile. Zones are kind of shaped the same way, but the rim on the Resistor is much sharper, and smaller.

That's why I'm super curious to see what the Servo's profile will be.

why wouldn't you quote only the part you are referring and save space.. dumbest thing I have heard in a while.

why wouldn't you quote only the part you are referring and save space.. dumbest thing I have heard in a while.

Thanks. But what I mean is the multiple quotes out of one post that show you took a lot of time and effort to do it. Not just one quote. I think we are all able to figure out what people are referring to without having to have a big arrow pointing at it, but I forgot being critical of anything in an MVP thread is not allowed.

I've seen newbs on this forum get reamed for NOT using multi-quote. As good as it is, this forum has the worst case of schizophrenia I've ever seen.

You know onemilemore, with over 3000 posts I know you're comfortable around here ........but you needn't type every thought that pops into your head.

And we're off the tracks again...

FWIW, the broken up quoting is very time consuming. I've done it once or twice, but it's more trouble than it's worth.

Thanks. But what I mean is the multiple quotes out of one post that show you took a lot of time and effort to do it. Not just one quote. I think we are all able to figure out what people are referring to without having to have a big arrow pointing at it, but I forgot being critical of anything in an MVP thread is not allowed.

It is very neat and organized, that's what it is. That's just the way scientists tend to approach problems. Not something you see on forums like this very often. I thought it was quite refreshing, actually, to see someone with a well thought out, consistent, factually based argument.

Thanks. But what I mean is the multiple quotes out of one post that show you took a lot of time and effort to do it.

Copy/Paste doesn't take much time. And I fail to see how taking "time and effort" to be more clear about what you're responding to is "holier than thou."

I think we are all able to figure out what people are referring to without having to have a big arrow pointing at it

That's not true. If someone quotes a big block of text and says "That doesn't make sense," you don't know whether they're saying that one point, two points, or the whole thing doesn't make sense.

but I forgot being critical of anything in an MVP thread is not allowed.

That doesn't make sense.

People are disagreeing with you, and giving reasons. I was critical (and gave reasons) of something someone else said earlier in this thread (and I throw plenty of MVP).

As BigSky just wrote, we're well off the topic (though I still disagree that it's time consuming - it takes very little time and provides more clarity). Let's stick to the topic. I'll do my part so long as people aren't calling me names for posting clearly. :p

Last edited:
It would be great to have a neutral or even understable disc as flat as Resistor. When I first got my hands on Resistor I was imaging best throws of my life, but thruth was 40 meters short meathook...

interesting disc and debate

I wonder what it would be lieto throw a disc with a bubble flight plate to reduce weight and the heaviest over mold possible.

I wonder what it would be lieto throw a disc with a bubble flight plate to reduce weight and the heaviest over mold possible.

I think most of a disc's weight is already pretty much in the rim. The actual flight plate of anything but a putter is not a lot of plastic. I'm guessing here but I'm going to say… less than or about 10% of the total mass is in the flight plate?

If someone has a cracked old driver they want to sacrifice they could easily cut out the flight plate and weigh it against the outer edge.

I have thrown a valk with the flight plate removed... didn't fly good at all :|

FWIW Blizzard discs with bubbles in the FP were better fliers than todays rim bubblers.

really surprised me how bad it flew. basically went out turned over upside down and glided right after about 80' total.

really surprised me how bad it flew. basically went out turned over upside down and glided right after about 80' total.

I think it would be against the rules, but I imagine you could make discs that were intended to be thrown RHBH or LHFH with "dimples" shaped non-uniformly to maximize flight characteristics.*

In fact, I think you could (if it was legal, again, which I don't think it is) create identical discs with differently shaped dimples that would create different levels of stability.

(* Thrown LHBH or RHFH, you'd see different flight patterns than the "intended" because the dimples would be "backwards." For example imagine a thousand little Nike swoosh dimples oriented clockwise versus counter-clockwise.)

i actually was thinking about similar stuff like that where literally a disc golf disc is totally redesigned but not gimmicky as all get out and fly like crap which all previous similar kind of discs were/did. Quest had/has some insane unique molds but execution lacked a little IMO.

With so many fish in the small pond its going to be impossible for a new manufacture to not do something outside of the box like this IMO to gain any real ground.

MVP initially designed a square disc, but with all the corner cutting in today's manufacturing...

If the Servo is as advertised it might push out my River and I hope it does because I love my River and if the Servo is better than that it'll be one of the best discs in my bag.

The Resistor and Servo will have the same core, yes? The Resistors are flat as fudge. Will the Servo also be FAF, or will it's unique overmold sit so it's domier? Can a flat disc have immense glide?

So many questions. So long to wait for the answers. :\ :D

the profile picture i saw (i cant find it now) made it look like its a different core than the resistor, it also has more dome and more of a shoulder but was flat after the shoulder. From the looks it will have more glide.