• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Vibram Birdie Bash!

The Cumberland Green Birdie Bash is close to selling out...5 spots remain! Myself and my co-TD purchased a grip of Vibram Minis...one for the 20th entrant, one for the 25th and one for the 30th (plus some for Ring Of Fire)...we're also throwing in a stool for entrant number 30! So sign up now....

For anyone in the know... I am assuming, unlike the Ace Race scheduling window, these tourneys can happen anytime during the year? Or is there a specified time frame for scheduling one, like the Ace Race or Ice Bowl events?

For anyone in the know... I am assuming, unlike the Ace Race scheduling window, these tourneys can happen anytime during the year? Or is there a specified time frame for scheduling one, like the Ace Race or Ice Bowl events?

i want to say its set from march 1st to the end of may

The Cumberland Green Birdie Bash is close to selling out...5 spots remain! Myself and my co-TD purchased a grip of Vibram Minis...one for the 20th entrant, one for the 25th and one for the 30th (plus some for Ring Of Fire)...we're also throwing in a stool for entrant number 30! So sign up now....

have you got emails on your entrants. I have only had one, and didnt receive an email. How much did your mini's run you...im looking at giveaways and thats not a bad idea

have you got emails on your entrants. I have only had one, and didnt receive an email. How much did your mini's run you...im looking at giveaways and thats not a bad idea

I get an email everytime someone registers, but its just the name of who paid for it. I will generally email them to ask their disc choices and all that (Terry at iRegisteredOnline will send you a spreadsheet upon request) and thank them for registering. I've had a lot of people paying for more than one entrant, so it keeps coming up with their name. A simple email to the payer squares it away (about half my entrants so far are families of varying size...one family has five players!)

The minis run about 5 bucks each and can be found on various websites and eBay. One of our shops in Denver, Fly Green has a bunch in stock and that's where I got mine. I aloso just about cleaned DiscOutfitters out of their Vibram stock for the Ring of Fire and Most Improved Player that we are doing at our event.

We're also giving away custom dyed trophy discs (1st and 2nd, and 1st for Ladies) as well as tshirts from 8-Bit and Born2BFly. I also picked up a grip of stools for a great price for additional prizes.

Thanks Andy, didnt know if i missed the option for cheap mini for players somewhere. I am doing a few giveaways but this is my first tourney and with no extra cash its a bit harder. I am raffling off my TD back after wards, and hoping to use some of that money to set up a Tourney fund for the future. My event is a still awhile away and the few players i have talked to said they wanted to throw the td pack before deciding on what to play with. My buddy registered and i didnt get an email, so i was wondering.

Here's a question for Mr. Dodge...does the first sellout Birdie Bash get a special prize? ;-)

Seriously though, for anyone still considering running a Birdie Bash, this thing sells itself. I haven't hung a single flyer yet...just a Facebook event, one here on DGCR and word of mouth: as I type this I only have one spot out of 30 left! Its a great event and I just wish my permit from the city allowed me more than 30 players!

Well, our event at Cumberland Green sold out late last night! Phantom Falls is about to sell out as well...for all Colorado DGers, there is also a Birdie Bash which will serve as the grand opening of the Bucksnort course in pine, as well as a BB up North at Pioneer Park. There is also rumblings of a potential Birdie Bash at Jellystone...

Obviously, Vibram's brand is hugely popular in Colorado, thanks to the large hiking community and general outdoorsy nature of the state. But I emphasize again that this event is an easy sell. It's a great value, and Vibram kicks back 5 bucks per player to help your course. Mr. Dodge's stated goal was 30 events with a minimum of 30 players and I think they will well exceed that.

On that note: my little brother (he's in the military as am I, family tradition I guess) is interested in playing in a BB, but doesn't have the time to run one. So if there's any golfers in the Pensacola area who want to step up to the plate....

Congrats on your sell out. Still hoping mind will gain traction once it gets closer. I have had a lot of people never heard of vibram so I hope they will give it a try.

I really enjoyed the Ace Race this year.

I think I'd like this format even better. I hope someone in Central Ohio gets one organized (not sure I am ready to TD anything yet).

Crow, I couldn't agree with you more! I really hope someone with more organizational talent that me is willing to put one of these on in our area. If not, I'm planning on driving to Kalamazoo to play in that event (may do so anyway since I have family in K-zoo), but I'd love one closer to home.

Here's a question. Maybe it's been asked? What if you already throw Vibram and you have discs in your bag that you're dialed in with and would like to use them? Would a player still pay the $25 fee but be allowed to use theirs? Would that create too much of an unfair advantage for the player? Is this at the TD's discretion? OK, I guess it was a few questions.

Here's a question. Maybe it's been asked? What if you already throw Vibram and you have discs in your bag that you're dialed in with and would like to use them? Would a player still pay the $25 fee but be allowed to use theirs? Would that create too much of an unfair advantage for the player? Is this at the TD's discretion? OK, I guess it was a few questions.

You have to use the new discs. Here are the rules:

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/birdie-bash.html

Well, on that note...

I throw an Ascent and often a Ridge as well. That's what I ordered for the Bash (that combo was a popular choice...9 other players chose it as well). When I get back in town I'll be taken my current Ascent and Ridge out to the course to make sure my layout and pars are viable...I'm not a high level player so if I can make it work anyone can. I've also provided the layout (including temp Mandos) and pars to all my entrants so they can practice if they so desire.

Obviously, I will be using my new Ascent and Ridge for the BB, and, as TD, I've disqujalified myself from the Grand Prize winnings (but not the 2nd round winner!) So it will be fair and impartial. The main goal of Birdie Bash is to have fun and introduce players to Vibram, so as long as everyone is on an even playing field.

Short answer to long ramble: its okay to practice with your already owned Vibrams, but not okay to compete with them.

I've never thrown Vibram either. I'll probably fail miserably, but I do that every day, so it doesn't matter :thmbup:

There's two in Georgia this year that I've seen, maybe I'll go to both~

I tried to read the whole thread and gave up.

Question:
Can you shorten holes on your course for this?

I may shorten one or two holes on mine. Most will get a fairway driver and putter. So I may keep all of my holes under 300. I did not ready that I couldnt

I tried to read the whole thread and gave up.

Question:
Can you shorten holes on your course for this?

Probably. It looks like this can be run however the TD wants. What our course is doing is stretching out the par on some of the holes. A 600' Par 4 is being changed to a Par 5, and so on. A handful of tougher Par 3s are being treated as 4s.

I like this because it forces the better players to "eagle" to win. But it also allows the intermediate/casual players easier points for "birdies" on holes they can usually only hope to par.