• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

Is there any reason to consider this disc at all if P/S/C PDs are mainstays in my bag? Or reasons why the Thunderbird is 'better' than the PD?

Is there any reason to consider this disc at all if P/S/C PDs are mainstays in my bag? Or reasons why the Thunderbird is 'better' than the PD?

If the PDs arent going anywhere i would say no. They pretty much fill the exact same slot.

No... A good PD cycle will cover anything a thunderbird can do.

NO. IMO the only trait the Thunderbird has over the PD is the 'Hand feel'.
It feels like an old friend in the hand, but I'm not overly impressed with the mold and its flight.

I've only tried the JL Thunderbird, but I dont find it to be very glidey like everyone keeps saying. Its also not as beefy as I had hoped. I was hoping it could replace my 1st run C-PD, but no chance. It could replace a fresh S-PD, but the S-PD has more glide and is faster. Even the Q-OLF/S-OLF are more crisp in flight for me. I wish the Thunderbird was more of a 10 speed. Its just not far enough away from a good Teebird for me.

I do think the Thunderbird is a superior mold the the Saint Pro.

The Thunderbird is a good mold, but its just not strong enough to beat anything out of my bag. I'm going to go back to the PD cycle for my control driver slot

I think of it as a Champ S-PD. I like the grip of the plastic more, so I'm keeping it in. Right now my PDs have a Thunderbird and SOLF mixed in and it doesn't feel like I'm using different discs.

A guy I play golf with uses a PD and says they are the same as Thunderbirds.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about me, and LIAR! :p :D

There's a little less HSS and a more immediate fade to the Thunderbirds I've thrown. If you want something that's finding the ground once it runs out of speed, then yes, the Thunderbird will give you something the PD can't.

It's kind of like the Pig vs Zone. The Pig is going to hit and stick, and the Zone is going to consistently skip. Aside from that, they're very similar.

I was just going on what you ALWAYS tell me.....of course I only listen to half of what you say so maybe.... ;) :p

I have yet to read a lot of this thread as I just now discovered this disc online a sec ago.

So basically it's just like the PD? I thought about trying it to see if it throws like a longer Teebird,but if it's like my PD's I'll skip this one.

Every disc is described as a longer teebird, I agree on this one. Very dependable useful disc. Stable, handles wind well, flicks well, sneaky long.

I have yet to read a lot of this thread as I just now discovered this disc online a sec ago.

So basically it's just like the PD? I thought about trying it to see if it throws like a longer Teebird,but if it's like my PD's I'll skip this one.

A hair less stable then a PD.

Anyone notice any stability difference between the 1st run champs and the production run? Love my 1st run, but hate the idea that I can't replace it with something off the shelf when it is time.

^I missed the boat on the 1st runs so feel free to send me yours & buy a few stock stamps. Then you'll always be able to replace them!