• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

Proto star champs were like faster champ banshees and production much more similar to a longer champ teebird. I hope they do a thunderbird x mold

My buddy said they had dx thunderbirds at the pro shop and he got a notification. He wasn't able to snag any. Do they exist and did anyone get some?

Can't wait for some DX Thunderbirds! Hopefully they come in that good factory store DX that almost feels like a soft XT. The Thunderbird has been the best addition to my bag in a long time.

Proto star champs were like faster champ banshees and production much more similar to a longer champ teebird. I hope they do a thunderbird x mold

I feel like an FD3 is pretty close to a thunderbird x would be

I've replaced my S-PD with a Champ Thunderbird. It does most all of the same things and I like the grip better!

I don't think I'd care for it in other plastics unless a Pro Thunderbird somehow started more overstable than a PPD.

I so hope these were a test for McPro Thunderbirds.

Could McPro Teebirds become a reality shortly after?

The blue ones that were on Innova Store were DX, but they have some McPros up at Am Worlds. I would assume regular production in time for Christmas or spring.

Mmmmmm, count me in for McPro thunderbirds. I hope they are something more like the stiff 10x KC pro teebirds and less like the soft pro going around today.

id like to see a production run of star thunderbirds.. not mcpro

Star would be awesome but I would take either. I would like to get a Thunderbird that I could break in enough to get a little turn out of it. Gstar might do it but I don't like how squishy it is.

I have a GStar Thunderbird and I don't like it very much. Too soft in the summer heat, and it just never flies right for me. My Champion Thunderbird is much more consistent and reliable. Firm Star plastic should be good, though.

Star would be awesome but I would take either. I would like to get a Thunderbird that I could break in enough to get a little turn out of it. Gstar might do it but I don't like how squishy it is.

You don't get turn out of a Thunderbird now?

They didnt make my bag due to the turn (-1.5 for me)

No. I only have two thunderbirds one gstar one champ. If I throw them flat I get 385' with a pretty strong fade. Same flight I get out of a flat 11x teebird just 20' longer. I think if I had a Thunderbird with a DX teebird flight it would be awesome.

You don't get turn out of a Thunderbird now?
They didnt make my bag due to the turn (-1.5 for me)

What plastic and weight is your Thunderbird? I can put a little turn on mine if I throw a helix shot, but it always fights out and back to fade. Thrown flat, I get mostly straight then fade, which is what I want from that disc...

What plastic and weight is your Thunderbird? I can put a little turn on mine if I throw a helix shot, but it always fights out and back to fade. Thrown flat, I get mostly straight then fade, which is what I want from that disc...

Likewise, if not intentional it may be a form issue. I fixed a lot of issues with OAT when I focused on keeping the disc on the same straight/level path throughout the throw. OAT can cause a disc to fly US rather unexpectedly.