• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

OK, trying out another almost all Vibram bag tomorrow. All Vibram except a VIP Harp that my M VIP can't even come close to and a light Volt I want to try for giggles. I already know the Arch will stomp it. Also trying a mixture of low 160's with high 160's, low 170's. I seem to get better action out of the 159-164 range on some and some are better around 167-170ish. I'll either perfect whatever it is or debunk it. :)

Bag was perfect..even in 25-30 mph winds. :clap::thmbup::thmbup: Never even touched the Volt. Arch has somehow wiggled into my "go to " spot. Always seemed to be exactly what I needed of could make work the best. :thmbup:

Cool. We threw today in Boerne and Fair Oaks. Couple of shorter 9 and 10 hole courses. In SA, its McClain, Nani Falcone, Northwest Vista mainly.

I am still waiting to see how mine flies. Threw it yesterday in some crazy winds. It flew fine, but I don't know how it should really fly. :doh:

mini review of the winter 2015 glow run

Bought a VP, Sole, and Ridge in the 'glow flight plate are' with 'apparently medium rims'. They fly nice of course.

The glow material glows great and holds glow well when fully uv light charged. The lack of material on the rim has not impeded finding my drives into 1-2" snow, light various dead vegetation, and forest shadows. However, they are not as easy to see in flight as a full glow discs. I have been using the putters up to about 280'-300' on pretty mellow lines on courses well known to me. Visibility in flight might be a bigger issue for big driving(?) If anything I find the normal rim to make the disc less distracting in handling than a full glow disc. For most discs for glow I uses glow tape sparingly, about 3-4 square inches a disc in strips.

I was under the impression that the Onyx was scheduled to be released on February 14. Was that true or am I hallucinating again?

Heard that Steve D has shifted it to spring now. Second hand or maybe tenth hand so take it with a grain of salt.

I put an Ibex back in the bag for some colder weather this past weekend and now I might just leave it in there. 173 Medium.

Intrigued by Inbounds changing their flight pattern for the Solace. It's now 50' longer than the Notch. Interesting! This changes the way that I will be using my Solace. Definitely use it more on shorter holes versus the Notch, rather than on longer holes versus the o-Lace.

So an arbitrary flight chart on the Internet changes how discs fly for you?

No, not necessarily. I think the Inbounds flight chart helps me in the "visualize" step in the three steps to success: "Visualize. Be confident. Commit."

Hard to explain to someone who only throws RHBH, but I also throw RHFH and overhand shots with some frequency, so visualization can be key to a good shot. I haven't switched the discs in my bag a lot since I have started playing three years ago, so I have intimate knowledge how most of my discs will fly. All rubber bag, except for the Aerobie Epic.

I've been looking into Vibram some more because their discs seem interesting. I've heard they also have really good putters and pretty good mids, but most of their drivers are bad. Is that true? Should I participate in my local birdie bash happening in May and if I do. What are the two best discs of theirs for a relatively new player to throw and get a feel of their discs? Also what material I should get them in if they're available.

Last edited:
I've been looking into Vibram some more because their discs seem interesting. I've heard they also have really good putters and pretty good mids, but most of their drivers are bad. Is that true? Should I participate in my local birdie bash happening in May and if I do. What are the two best discs of theirs for a relatively new player to throw and get a feel of their discs? Also what material I should get them in if they're available.

I like all their discs which is why I switched over.
Depending on your ability and course I would suggest the valley or arch and the sole.
For material choices you will have soft, medium, and firm. I prefer the medium.
If you can find a fellow disc golfer with some vibram or a shop that has some for you to handle.