• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I would buy 1st run Ascents at $20 a pop all day long! Those were pretty limited... I'm not even sure I have one? Can't remember if I snagged one from Steve at the VO last year or not?

But these aren't the "X's", these are just flight numberless everyday colors(well some he had were pretty cool) but the last time I looked I seen the same ones on other pages for 15-17. No hate on LSDiscs I've just noticed they've been there forever.

Nice job winning the 2nd Annual Plastic Addicts Classic, Dana! You're tearing it up this year! I can't wait to see the kind of waves you send out at Worlds.

Yeah nice shooting Dana! Love the irony too with the name of the tourney being Plastic Addicts.

247610_10151543072096593_1279136242_n.jpg

See you at Am Worlds!

• Round 1 is sponsored by Vibram DG - win your card, win a disc
  • Wednesday night is the Vibram Putting Contest at Jones Park (teams of two in speed putting). 6:00-7:30 with finals at 7:30.
  • $3 / team. $5 for two tries in a row. 100% payout.
  • See you at the Flymart on Thursday!

I played my first PDGA event since the release of the Lace and got my highest rated round ever (1034) yesterday. In the Nutsac: Lace, Ibex (which I lost on hole 5 of round 1), Obex, Summit, VP, backup Lace (which I did not need). I moved up from 10th to 4th to manage to cash. And let's not worry about what happened the first round!

See you at Am Worlds!

• Wednesday night is the Vibram Putting Contest at Jones Park (teams of two in speed putting). 6:00-7:30 with finals at 7:30.

That is pretty stinking sweet! Lets just hope I can win my card the first round now. Teams of 2 for the putting competition? Now I have to go find a partner. Hmm, any other Vibram addicts out here in Emporia?

I played my first PDGA event since the release of the Lace and got my highest rated round ever (1034) yesterday. In the Nutsac: Lace, Ibex (which I lost on hole 5 of round 1), Obex, Summit, VP, backup Lace (which I did not need). I moved up from 10th to 4th to manage to cash. And let's not worry about what happened the first round!

Nice shooting Steve! Way to rally.

247610_10151543072096593_1279136242_n.jpg

See you at Am Worlds!

Those are really cool. You guys are getting really good at doing whatever you want with the rubber. Its come a long ways since the "VO" discs!

Well, I know tonight was the speed putting competition put on by Vibram at Am Worlds and sadly I missed it. Too tired and mentally out of it after today's rounds. I guess I will have to catch Steve at the Fly Mart tomorrow. Anyone make it to the speed putting competition?

Just saw on pdga.com that the O-Lace and unLace are listed under the updated PDGA approved discs now. Looks like those are the official names. Now just a release date!

Spotted a Vibram Open 2013 disc on on Ebay. Red and white, I like them but just wondering if they were real because the Open starts up in August...Anyone know?

I know the guy selling them, he used to be a local before he moved east.

On the local forum he mentioned he also has these 2013 V.O. discs for sale as well as the ones on Feebay;

175g 'Ascent' Fairway Driver
178g 'Ibex' Midrange
175g 'V.P.'Putter
175g 'Summit' Putter
173g 'Sole' Putter
171g 'Sole' Putter

Looks like more Regular/Firm fitty fitty stuff.

I talked with Mr. Dodge tonight at the Fly Mart here at Am Worlds. Picked up my Round 1 winner disc. Asked about the O-Lace. It is getting retooled or has been retooled to be less overstable and should be more like the Obex is in comparison to the Ibex only with the Lace. He also mentioned that he is pushing the guys in the plant to get with it to have the disc in production for the Vibram Open.

Still wish I had the disc to throw here at Am Worlds. With all the wind in Kansas it would have been helpful.

xlink soft

Got my first soft Vibrams today; a 166g Obex and a 149g Ascent. The grip is fantastic and the Obex flies just like my medium but the Ascent had a serious off center puddle in the flight plate that would not go away. I say "had" because it was so ridiculously flippy it went sailing off into blackberry hell. It was only about 5 grams lighter than my last one but flew so much different. Maybe I should go heavier for the next try with a soft Ascent?

Latest posts