• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What are the best throwing putters of all time?

What is the best throwing putter of all time?

• Wizard

Votes: 37 21.0%
  • Aviar

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Big Bead Aviar

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • Luna

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Envy

Votes: 53 30.1%
  • Proxy

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Jokeri

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Judge

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Crown

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Rhyno

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Scale

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Pure

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Other(write in the comments)

Votes: 32 18.2%

• Total voters
I wonder how many of the 37 Envy voters actually PUTT with their Envies.

If they dont, they should have to move their vote to the other/Kanye vote option.

Read. The. Thread. Title.

Putting has nothing to do with it. Wizards make better soup bowls too, but that also has a 0% correlation on whether it is a better throwing putter.

Look at all those world championships won using the almighty Envy! Sure wish the Roc had that kind of pedigree, but how would it seeing that it is impossible to forehand??

Wow do you love false equivalencies. But continuing down your train of thought, how many of those guys actually forehand a Roc? There's a reason why pros that bag Rocs flick other discs instead. By your logic, a Destroyer is a better putter than a Wizard because Destroyers have more world championships.

Alright, I'm out for a bit. Until one of you Wizard (and Roc?) lovers can actually argue the point of the thread rather than ancillary topics, this is pointless.

Alright, I'm out for a bit. Until one of you Wizard (and Roc?) lovers can actually argue the point of the thread rather than ancillary topics, this is pointless.

Dawsons_creek_crying_meme_400.jpg

The Envy is only 6 years old and already making waves. It's so sweet people are bringing in Rocs to the argument?! And yes I putt, approach, and drive with an Envy.

If you like deep putters for throwing then an Envu ain't for you. But if you're like most people an Envy can be best non-US throwing putter.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

The Envy cannot be the GOAT driving putter because it only does one shot. In order to get that to two shots you have to change to forehand. Or throw lefty. Comparing the Envy to a teebird is silly because folks love teebirds specifically because of how they can be cycled and cover every shot. Except noob hipsters, they just want the meat hook teebirds to hide OAT.

With most any other contender for GOAT driving putter you can hit any line from either forehand or backhand. Even if you take the Zone, the inspiration for the Envy, a Pro D zone will beat into slightly US. Envys never do.

The Envy cannot be the GOAT driving putter because it only does one shot. In order to get that to two shots you have to change to forehand. Or throw lefty. Comparing the Envy to a teebird is silly because folks love teebirds specifically because of how they can be cycled and cover every shot. Except noob hipsters, they just want the meat hook teebirds to hide OAT.

With most any other contender for GOAT driving putter you can hit any line from either forehand or backhand. Even if you take the Zone, the inspiration for the Envy, a Pro D zone will beat into slightly US. Envys never do.

Your posts are ridiculous. Any disc can be beaten in and cycled to multiple stabilities, especially when it is also offered in baseline plastic. Why do you think James Conrad immediately gravitated towards Electron Envies for his workhorse throwing putter of choice when he made the switch to MVP? It's not because he could only accomplish one shot with them.

Maybe even Stego and the Tilt, I don't think anyone's tried though. :D

I have seen at least a couple champ Firebirds beat in to the point of demonstrating some considerable turn, and the cool thing is that they always, always fade back.

I see many Envys thrown off the tee well on par 3s. I see many Envys fly past the basket on par 4s as approach shots. Throwing means more than driving, and low glide putters can be harder to range and stop than a mold with more depth and less speed. I think the best throwing putter should be more neutral and less OS than an Envy.

The Envy is an easy vote for me because it's great for A) BHs, B) FHs, and C) decent at its primary function of putting. A lot of the classic throwing putters that are also good for putting like Wizards and Aviars are just not as good for forehands IMO. And then discs like Harps, Zones, Pigs, etc are good for BH and FH but rarely used for putting.

The Ion should be in the conversation though.

This is about the 10th time in this thread I've read your post, glanced at your username, and thought to myself, "makes sense."

Are you choosing to ignore the fact that Electron Envys exist purely because your entire argument was built on ingorance?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

This is about the 10th time in this thread I've read your post, glanced at your username, and thought to myself, "makes sense."

Are you choosing to ignore the fact that Electron Envys exist purely because your entire argument was built on ingorance?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Funny, I read your username and thought it suited you as well.

The Envy is an easy vote for me because it's great for A) BHs, B) FHs, and C) decent at its primary function of putting. A lot of the classic throwing putters that are also good for putting like Wizards and Aviars are just not as good for forehands IMO. And then discs like Harps, Zones, Pigs, etc are good for BH and FH but rarely used for putting.

The Ion should be in the conversation though.

Yes but think this, they make Rhyno's as OS as a Pig and I know that Rhyno is used as a putter by some, an uncle used the mold in DX as is putter since the mold came out when he first started playing in 1999 before he went Discraft for putters with the Challenger in Pro D in the mid 2000's. My Dad when he does rarely play with his own set of discs, uses the Rhyno as his windy putter/sometime OS approach sharing that with a Wizard (driving Putter) and in the longer case I have seen my dad make putts he was approach putting with the Rhyno from 50 feet out when if using his Supreme plastic Juju, or his US approach Rubber putter he would miss. I think more then 3 maybe 4 molds of putter like my dad has his 3 for non strictly putting putter is a bit much and some will overlap in what they are good for.

Based off quite a few of the comments about the Envy on here it's pretty obvious a lot of the people commenting about them have never thrown one.

I'm definitely not a big power thrower and I don't have weird off axis issues to deal with. The Envy is not a disc that I would even refer to as overstable and definitely isn't in the Zone/Harp category of discs. It does seem a little fast for a putter but it doesn't have an excessive amount of glide and shot placement and judging distance is easy.