• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is Good Form??

What is good form?

Too simple.... forget that other crap.

When you throw in such a motion that your body has little stress and effort to maximize your efficiency to control the COMPLETE flight of the projectile(disc) and not throw too short or too long based on your original intent.

Someone find me a dead horse.. or a grandmaster division.... gotta belt?

What is good form?

Too simple.... forget that other crap.

When you throw in such a motion that your body has little stress and effort to maximize your efficiency to control the COMPLETE flight of the projectile(disc) and not throw too short or too long based on your original intent.

Someone find me a dead horse.. or a grandmaster division.... gotta belt?

medium_d82770c8b733b639bc9d40e78748b8c5.png

Good form is achieving maximum disc velocity that can be couterbalanced by the amount of spin put on the disc.

That is how I think of it. But I also do not have good form. ... so I couldn't put much confidence in that.

Good form is achieving maximum disc velocity that can be couterbalanced by the amount of spin put on the disc.

That is how I think of it. But I also do not have good form. ... so I couldn't put much confidence in that.

I like the way you put that but the thing I always struggle with is how much force or umph to put on a throw vs. the spin. :popcorn:

You shouldn't really have to worry about adding spin to a throw. Good throw mechanics that increase disc velocity tend to also increase disc spin, you don't have to do anything extra to get spin.

^ Horribly incorrect.

Hahaha.

I don't know of any way to throw hard AND add more spin than a typical hard throw (by you, with your form) would usually generate.

The ratio of spin and speed may be influenced by different throwing forms but mostly it comes down to the degree of POWER you exert. Power is just a question of how hard you throw. Power = arm speed + snap. Nothing more.

Really who cares about spin/speed? When does it matter? Tell me the shot over 300 feet where you worry about how much the disc spins?

Sure you care whether a shot is too short or too long but that is a question of Power (how hard you throw it).

Spoke the Raven: Nothing more.