• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part IV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can dig where you are coming from. Just wondering why there seemed to be so much hostility towards a guy posting data.

Is your Rhyno list still current? Those glo champs are intriguing...

yessir. list is current :)
shoot me a message and I'll cut you a nice break if you take multiples.

ummm, just because someone knows the history of what stamp maybe worth more on a CE Aviar compared to others does not change the reality that the stated discs sold at the stated price.

I guess I should have started my statement with "I am not trying to be rude here by any means" and then I wouldn't be a dick... my bad.

The stamp I'm asking about isn't even on your spreadsheet. Any monkey with a computer can go on feebay and search "completed listings". I just wanted to know what my disc was worth to real world folks, not ebay sheep.

The stamp I'm asking about isn't even on your spreadsheet. Any monkey with a computer can go on feebay and search "completed listings". I just wanted to know what my disc was worth to real world folks, not ebay sheep.

Probably 80-100 in used condition

But, as I was explaining earlier, cali or Perkins might be better able to give better info regarding the specific stamp

...The marketplace used to be a place where people could come to to escape ebay prices and buy sell and trade as a community. Now it's just a bunch of people trying to make as much money as possible.
No one wants to trade anymore either. Every listing is PayPal only it seems like. It wasn't like that a year ago.

Remember it is a marketplace-- without fixed prices and many variables to factor in outside of only the disc. You do not see the same prices across retailers with new stuff and OOP etc because it's a free market and pricing is set by the consumers not sellers, regardless of inside info or data with subjective increases or decreases to prices made based on overhead/demand/supply-- A disc is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay. A disc worth 100 to someone could be worthless to another person.

Last edited:

I sold a pair of 6/10 171g Ft. Steilacoom stamped CE Aviar at the US Masters yesterday afternoon for $150 and turned down several offers in the $130-160 range for a 8/10 max wt. Ft. Steilacom with visible ink.

That's cold, hard cash in hand, so if anything, I'd say Mr. Anderson's numbers are on the low side of thr "real world" price spectrum, but if you think they're too much, I'll give you $70 for yours.

I have a 172g Team Discraft Stamped ESP Zone. Easily 9/10. No ink except for the "172"g written on the rim. I've heard someone say these are first runs but idk. Can anyone tell me what these are worth?

Heres a picture:

CBBF940B-D310-4A69-A687-D08BB9C39F22-33919-0000124CA8B77C1A_zps1149c362.jpg

hCTHj9E.jpg

A buddy of mine found this and called the number on the back. The person who answered was clueless about disc golf. It's about an 8/10 didn't notice any damage besides some scuff marks and stamp is perfect. Just curious what it's worth, thanks.

hCTHj9E.jpg

A buddy of mine found this and called the number on the back. The person who answered was clueless about disc golf. It's about an 8/10 didn't notice any damage besides some scuff marks and stamp is perfect. Just curious what it's worth, thanks.

probably 30-40

that zone above this one 20-25 maybe...

This is what I've been tyring to say for weeks.

This thread has lulled people into thinking they can just ask for and get the prices on any disc within hours from experts.

When I'm curious on a price for a disc, I don't just immediately post in this thread, hoping someone will solve the problem for me. I check around places online for similar items, I ask my friends what they think; were I so inclined, I could check eBay sold listings.

All of those things, I can do myself, I don't rely on other people to do them for me.

The users on this forum are so lazy and they just rely on Mr. Anderson to do the work for them. Sure, that's nice of you to do that for them, but shouldn't they be able to do so themselves? C'mon.

No one wants to trade anymore either. Every listing is PayPal only it seems like. It wasn't like that a year ago.

I stopped trading because in 2 different trades I never received discs in return. 1 was from a semi trusted seller with 100+ positive feedbacks and no negatives, they stopped posting and using this site afterwards. The other instance was a person with 1 negative that was based on disc condition, both instances the people did not send a disc at all. Not saying I distrust everyone because that is not the case but I have started to mainly just buy from people I make deals with often vs randoms I have no idea, even with good feedback.

I stopped trading because in 2 different trades I never received discs in return. 1 was from a semi trusted seller with 100+ positive feedbacks and no negatives, they stopped posting and using this site afterwards. The other instance was a person with 1 negative that was based on disc condition, both instances the people did not send a disc at all. Not saying I distrust everyone because that is not the case but I have started to mainly just buy from people I make deals with often vs randoms I have no idea, even with good feedback.
I can understand that. Iv'e been burnt in the MP too. I know others have as well, so maybe my comment was a little out of line. Can't blame someone for not wanting to get burnt.

This is what I've been tyring to say for weeks.

This thread has lulled people into thinking they can just ask for and get the prices on any disc within hours from experts.

When I'm curious on a price for a disc, I don't just immediately post in this thread, hoping someone will solve the problem for me. I check around places online for similar items, I ask my friends what they think; were I so inclined, I could check eBay sold listings.

All of those things, I can do myself, I don't rely on other people to do them for me.

The users on this forum are so lazy and they just rely on Mr. Anderson to do the work for them. Sure, that's nice of you to do that for them, but shouldn't they be able to do so themselves? C'mon.

You are upset that people are lazy? This is nothing new.

When you search ebay for completed listings they will give results for the last 3 months, the data I have collected goes back more than 6 months. As I continue this process the accuracy increases. Yeah I know you do not like the charts, but your reasons are frivolous.

I doesn't bother me that much personally. I could keep trading but for me, I am content with my collection for the most part. If I am selling stuff I generally have something in mind that I want and at times it has nothing to do with disc golf, sometimes it does. For instance I may put up 10 discs for sale for a combined price of lets say 200 bucks. I am in the market for a first run buzzz and a mint 10x aviar. No one would really wanna trade a rare gem for a few generic throwers so I would sell it off to get my rare oop disc via paypal. Today I had several disappointing ebay endings end between 7-8pm. In the end I broke about even maybe a few bucks up after fees. I sold today because I knew 2 things, 1 I have been been spending a bit too much lately on the innova proshop and 2 I have 6 months of car insurance coming this week that will cost about 500 bucks.

I think several hundred or thousand buyers will be more accurate on the "real world" pricing than the couple dozen or so on this site.

So if you want to get a real price, go on eBay. If you want to get a DGCR price (which is usually lower than real prices), then ask someone on DGCR.

So you would prefer guesses of value over data? To each their own.

eBay has the highest volume of collector disc being sold anywhere. (if you can identify a bigger web-site or store...i'm listening) The buyers on eBay (Sheep) have the biggest influence on pricing of discs compared to any other sub markets. (logic)

more accurate data is a great thing but when you only use the highest price source as the gospel, you're missing something.
prices have been inflated in the marketplace since anderson came around. the marketplace used to be a place where people could come to to escape ebay prices and buy sell and trade as a community. Now it's just a bunch of people trying to make as much money as possible. I very seriously scrape by on 90% of my transactions that I make on here. when I do make money, it's maybe a dollar. it was an amazing hobby for a long time...

eBay is not gospel. It is the largest disc golf collectors market and it is the easiest web site to collect data from. You keep on saying eBay prices are inflated but they are actually more in-line with reality (way bigger supply and demand) than the prices you see anywhere else. If anything the prices on DGCR were artificially low because buyers and sellers were less informed.

eBay is not always the highest price source... have you seen some of the prices being paid on Facebook through Dollar Disc Golf Auction and Disc Golf Collectors Exchange?

You seemed frustrated because your altruistic ideals conflict with capitalism.

eBay is not gospel. It is the largest disc golf collectors market and it is the easiest web site to collect data from. You keep on saying eBay prices are inflated but they are actually more in-line with reality (way bigger supply and demand) than the prices you see anywhere else. If anything the prices on DGCR were artificially low because buyers and sellers were less informed.

eBay is not always the highest price source... have you seen some of the prices being paid on Facebook through Dollar Disc Golf Auction and Disc Golf Collectors Exchange?

You seemed frustrated because your altruistic ideals conflict with capitalism.

I hate to argue with you apdrvya but I have to say that prices became most inflated since the facebook group DOLLAR DISC GOLF AUCTIONS started. Ever since then prices have went through the roof not only on all the facebook groups but on here as well and the only real places I have found any ok deals has been ebay but those are few and far between. That is with the exception of that wonderful kc pro teebird I got from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.