• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your comment just seemed snarky that is all...

I also have a first run flx drone from 08 worlds as well. However that has been thrown about 5 times and has some storage wear it might have my initials on the inner rim as well. I am not asking what it is worth though so no picture

Your comment just seemed snarky that is all...

I also have a first run flx drone from 08 worlds as well. However that has been thrown about 5 times and has some storage wear it might have my initials on the inner rim as well. I am not asking what it is worth though so no picture

no problem, I can see how you read it that way.
When you know that much about a disc the picture is not vital. The pictures are needed when there is a small chance that something could possibly bring up or hurt the value. Like someone not noticing the stamp on their DX is a circle stamp, or someone thinking their pro is a pro line. It helps to verify condition also.

500 mold Frisbee Putter?

I acquired this disc sometime in the late 90s and it's the only one I've ever seen. Does anyone have any info on it? The stamp says "World Class Frisbee Golf 150g" with a Atomic soccer ball looking thing in the center surrounded by a star burst. It actually weighs 152g. The shape is like a Birdie or a Polecat. Molded in the top is "1996 Wham-O Inc. Mexico". and a "500" off by itself.

Any Ideas?

Mike

Attachments

• frisbee 1.jpg
    frisbee 1.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Frisbee 2.jpg
    Frisbee 2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 18
I acquired this disc sometime in the late 90s and it's the only one I've ever seen. Does anyone have any info on it? The stamp says "World Class Frisbee Golf 150g" with a Atomic soccer ball looking thing in the center surrounded by a star burst. It actually weighs 152g. The shape is like a Birdie or a Polecat. Molded in the top is "1996 Wham-O Inc. Mexico". and a "500" off by itself.

Any Ideas?

Mike

It is a neat disc and I would hang on to it, but not sure if it has any value over $15, maybe I am wrong.

In the mid 90's the Wham-O brand was sold off to Mattel. Mattel cancelled the number golf discs (44, 77, 78) and released the Apollo (Same thing as a 78, which was a modified Cobra) and the Voyager (same thing as a Polaris LS in DX plastic.) Obviously, they were still molded by Innova. At the same time they announced a putter called the Gemini, which was supposed to be a modified Polecat or Birdie with flight rings on the top. I never saw one, however. The disc you did see was the 150 class "World Class Frisbee" which I don't think Innova made since they say "Mexico" on them. From what I understood, those discs were the Gemini. I have no idea why they were never stamped that way. At any rate, they were around in the late 90's. They really have no value other than the weird/rare factor, so a collector might pay a few bucks for one.

Any Ideas?

Mike

what threeputt said......and here is some other info....

http://www.discgolfsweden.se/discar/discar_sokdisc_eng.aspx?DiscId=2139

what about this one threeputt....180g 8.5/10

4f6f4332.jpg

what about this one threeputt....180g 8.5/10

4f6f4332.jpg
Uh, it's a Jeteye. Probably the worst pun ever used as a disc name other than the "Long Ranger" which this disc was also sold as. I really don't think any of the Destiny/Dynamic discs are worth a whole lot (other than the Shuttle Puppies.) Collectors like them for the old-school/novelty, but that's about it.

It's cool, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts