• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What is your favorite putter and why?

The only putters I use are KC Aviars. I currently carry four in my bag. I have one for putting & three for drives/upshots. I like to limit the number of molds I carry as much as I can. Cycling KC Aviars allows me to only have to carry one putter mold. I like that it has a bead. I feel beaded putters come out of my hand more consistently than headless putters. Before deciding to switch to KC Aviars for putting I previous was putting with DX Aviar P&As. I like the added stability that KCs offer over the P&As. I've found that I feel more confident & putt better in the wind with KCs than P&As. I attribute this to the added stability of KC Aviars. The KC Pro plastic fits my putting style well because I prefer stiffer plastic putters. I think softer putters cause a lot of inconstancies compared to stiffer putters. This is has been very apparent to me, especially with the drastic seasonal temperature/weather changes (I live in Wisconsin :|). I think softer putters are also less consistent because the flight plate flexes depending how hard you grip your putter. To me that means if you don't grip with the same exact pressure every time you putt your putter leaves your hand slightly different every time. That's why I prefer a stiffer putter (for more consistency in regards to the putter leaving my hand). Then again I could just be crazy & way overthinking my plastic preferences.

Naw son. My putting is still decent and my putts still bang chains even in subzero temperatures. At first I had a tough time and then I realized I just needed to put it in the middle of the chains. Just bounce it off the chains into the basket like Blake t said. Stiff putters teach you to hit the pocket assertively and at the right pressure and angle IMO.

Soft Neutron Envy was my favorite towards the end of the season for drives, approaches, and long putts. I was still using my Jason mask SSS wizard in the circle. The new prospects for the upcoming season are the scale and serpent in fossil plastic. Also I plan on checking out the atom. The scale is a magnificent OS putt and approach. Totally consistent. Smashes the chains like no other putter I have used. It makes the Envy look dainty by comparison. I haven't got to use the serpent yet, but I have a feeling this is going to be my putting putter. Great handfeel, I can't wait for 30+ degree weather so I can try it out.

Wizards for putting
Pures for driving
Zones for approaches

:thmbup:

No Polecat mention? Shame shame.

Voodoos for putting, I like how they feel.

Polecats for everything else. They're Polecats. That's all you need to know.

Oh, and a VP. Definitely fills the OS brick category. I like my os discs to have a beefy hand feel. It needs to beat up the wind, not slice through it :p

O....M....G.... where have you been all my life.... MVP Soft Proton Anode 173G..... $11.24....

I've thrown it just around the yard.... Fits like a glove and goes where I tell it to...

Attachments

• IMG_6558.jpg
    IMG_6558.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 69
ha thanks, just remodeled my kitchen haha... okay back on topic and promise not to get off topic again..:doh:

Ya, this anode is awesome... Thank you all for the comments.

we could be good friends. Throws nice MVP putters and has even nicer kitchen.

#winning! :hfive:

#KodaKnows

Wizzard for pure putting, Nova for aproach, and Chief for driving.

The BB Aviar mold works for me.
Currently using -

2x 175 KC Aviar - Only Putting
175 KC Aviar - Beat up real good. Straight/Turnover upshots/drives
175 KC Aviar - Newer. Straight with dependable fade.
175 Glow Champ BB Aviar - Beefy and great for drives!

I have been carrying a 175 XG Glow Champ Rhyno. Board flat and flexy enough that it hits the ground and sticks better than stiff rhynos I've used in the past. Great FH putter, as well.

My favorite putter is my old 175g ESP FLX Challenger. Simply put, it is the best plastic ever made. It's rubbery and resilient and indestructible. After all these years it still bounces back from a taco.

However, I retired this Challenger to prevent any danger to my favorite disc.

My next favorite putter would have to be my blue 173g Soft Proton Ion. This is my driving putter. The plastic is comparable to my favorite FLX in terms of flex and durability, and this Ion just flies super straight. I am hoping they make Electron Ions soon!

For pure putting i go with the pure. I haven't used any soft, med, or hard pures yet, but grip pures are amazing! I've thrown GL pures for driving but didn't like it too much, maybe something similar but a little more shallow would be more on par for me.

Gravity Clutch for putting - straight, grippy, shallow, pretty good in the wind
Icon Clutch for driving - straight with a mild fade, workable
Hard Harp - sidearm drives and approaches, putting in strong headwinds

Clutch has been in the bag for a while, Harp is new. I have an Atom and Envy heading my way through trades. I almost don't want to like them too much, because I would hate to disrupt a part of my bag that has been working quite nicely.

Maybe try Atom for straight approaches, Envy for stable-OS approaches, and keep the Gravity Clutch for putting.