• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What is your favorite putter and why?

How's that Anode, chowee? It does have a great feel, doesn't it?

Tie between my first run Star Aviar P&A and first run Sirius Omega AP. Two of my oldest discs, thanks to the bag theft incident. These things took about half a decade to break in, but once seasoned, both of these molds are magical. I am comfy out to 40 feet with either one. Aviar for calmer days, Omega for windier days.

I have lots of putter molds and experiment often. I always come back to a soft Judge. Why? I have weak hands and no power in my putting stroke. Soft Judge allows me to putt with power.

Atoms are in the bag now, and these may be the end of the Judge.

I started off with an XD, moved to a grid stamp Aviar and played all last season using McPro Aviars. A few weeks ago I picked up some X-line P1xs and I have made more long putts than I ever have before, regardless of wind conditions. Also great for straight drives off the tee. Discmania has a real winner on it's hands with that disc and plastic combo.

I carry the Envy. Right now I have both hard and soft Neutrons, and I'll be adding a Proton and another Hard Neutron soon. I use the Hard N as my putting putter, will the Soft N is for long jump putts and upshots or driving; the P will be a more stable complement to the Soft N. Really, the key to putters is finding one that fits in your hand well; I've thrown Aviars, Wizards, Anodes, and Challengers, and the best fit for me seems to be the Envy

I'm putting with Medium Wardens right now. Great plastic in all weather conditions, flat top, low profile, no bead. Just an all around great feeling disc in my hands. I putt dead straight, the the straight flight of the Warden suits me well.

Wizards for putting and short, open approaches. Plastic can't be beat, even with the variance.
Zone, Envy, or Pure for drives and approaches. They're all great at different things, and excel in what they're great at.

My favorite putter is the Banger GT? I is the most comfortable putter I've ever held. My thumb sits comfortably in the same spot every time. It holds a stable / straight line. I use 2 - Pro D for putting and 1 - Ti for throwing. Nothing else out there like the Banger.

No you should not hesitate to use a mid for putting. Whatever works for you!

Been using the Anode since the day they came out. Everything just clicked with it. Comfortable grip, smooth release, not too deep and not too shallow. Good in the wind and holds a perfect line. Before the Anode I used to carry 4 or 5 putters. Premium plastic for drives and different approach and putt putters. With the Anode I only carry two. One for drives and one for putts. I've been trying out the Atom with good results but not sure if it can bump the Anode. My fingers are crossed for an Electron Anode.

My putter setup right now consists of a Soft Anode and a Blowfly. I'm digging both of em right now, the blowfly is awesome!

PA1- 350g - main putter (small diameter/ rim depth) 350g plastic breaks in very nicely.
Pro Rhyno - driving/ approach putter.

Was a wizard guy for most of my career with a challanger thrown in here or there. Recently switched to judges and so far so good; more consistent with the shallow feel.

My favorite putter is the Judge.

I like it because it was the first putter that I started to make putts with. Probably because it was the first putter that I committed to. I used to practice with a bunch of different molds and use the one that went in the most.

I went to Spinners to get some Wizards. None of them felt good in my hands. I walked out of the store with three classic Judges that day and haven't changed since. I think Wizards and Judges would work great together as far as throwers. If I ever changed again it would be Wizards. But I don't think I ever will because I don't think it matters what putter I use.

I picked up someone's Focus from league and compared it to the Judge. It was very similar. I think if Dynamic Discs came out with a hot new putter called the Focus, everybody would go crazy about it.

I went from a Focus, to a Challenger, to an Aviar, to Judges, to Wizards, back to Judges, then back to Wizards so far. I've got a few Magics on order this week to try out. I really like the Wizards, just want a little shallower rim.

I've also been playing around with some Aeros. Those things glide for a lifetime it seems.