• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your Buzzz of choice?

What's your Buzzz of choice?

• 1st Run

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 2FR Buzzz

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Old production Z

Votes: 34 11.4%
  • New production Z

Votes: 69 23.1%
  • Midnight

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Z SS

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • ESP SS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESP

Votes: 35 11.7%
  • FLX

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Pro D

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Crystal Z

Votes: 26 8.7%
  • Crystal FLX

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sparkle Z

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • X Buzzz

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • I plead the 5th...

Votes: 28 9.4%

• Total voters
Since our course got mowed and not more knee high weeds I have been moving to the Z glow and really loving it atm. Think I ll grab a couple more in case this one goes swimming.

CHEERS - Koffee

Danforth said:
they originally came from GGGT AFAIK. OMFG!! I just made an abr. rhyme!! LOL
That was funny. Even though it was five days ago. :D

Jesse B 707 said:
TLapham said:
Z Glo Buzzz's feel amazing. I'm questioning my rochood.
i got one a couple weeks ago, trust me its no Roc

Thank god for that!

Seriously...If you are either REALLY into the Roc or the Buzzz, it takes serious time to change over. At first it seems like the other really sucks because they operate a little differently. Jesse will say the Buzzz sucks...What he means is that his game is based around the Roc, and when he simply substitutes the Buzzz and tries to do everything the same, it doesn't work as well or do the same things. Conversely, if I were to try and substitute my Buzzz with some Rocs, they SUCK! (or my game is just built around the Buzzz, and the Roc won't groove with that style).

um...hi..i have a confession to make...i'm having an affair on my ROCs. i have an ESP tourney stamped buzzz that has slowly took over my mid duties for the last two weeks. since hurting my back several weeks ago my rocs have been wobbleling and dying right, and when i improved i noticed they were dying into the ground off the tee. switched to the one esp buzzz i have and noticed how it needs less height to go farther then the ROC. it also holds whatever line i put it on. throwing it also has improved my ROC throwing, but i have to give credit where credit is due, the buzzz is changing my game for the better. gonna buy three more from marshall st. this coming week. another esp, one x to beat in, and the third is to be determined after i read through this thread.

do all esps fly the same? discraft is pretty consistent right?

mzoro said:
do all esps fly the same? discraft is pretty consistent right?

Buzzzes are pretty consistent, but there are still some things to look for. Make sure you get one that has some rigidity. Some ESP is really FLX (or mostly at least), and you don't want one of those. Stiffer ESPs are great. Also, you want to look for one with a good top. Flat or slight dome is good, sunken flight plate is bad...

I suggest you grab a heavier Z Buzzz for your other Buzzz, and possibly a Fuse for understability because X Buzzzes still take forever to beat into a "touch" flippy disc and require a hard throw to turn over until then. I even beat mine against a wall on purpose and mutilated it, but it still wouldn't flip as easy as a Fuse and it felt horrible in the hand all mishapen like that.

After a 6 month or so stint with the Glo Z Buzzz I've sidelined it in favor of my trusty old 2FR. This decision had more to do with the other discs in my bag than the Buzzzes themselves. My 2FR is significantly longer than my Glo (20-30' when throwing over 300'), so it seems to bridge the gap in my bag between putters and my PDs. When I got into the Glows I was throwing the Stalker, so less range wasn't a big deal at all. I also was using Voodoos, which I wasn't comfortable throwing more than 260' accurately. The Glow was better at shots in the 250'-280' range than my faster 2FR. Since then I've dropped the Stalker, gotten into PDs, and become Ionized...So my lower range is covered now by Ions, midrange by Fuse/stable Z Buzzz, and my 2FR for more or less a FWY driver.

thanks discspeed. the one buzz i have is stiff, getting the FLX when i ordered a ESP is what i was afraid of. i'll probably phone in my order instead so i can get the stiffer run. i think i'm gonna try a heavier glow z as my third buzzz. you've given it rave reviews as well as AUBIN in conversations. i think i'll skip the x buzzz, and get two ESP and a Z. rumor is, the x buzzz gets squirrely when it beats in. i can't think of them as ROCS that wear in to perfection, cuz they already start that way. right?

mzoro said:
thanks discspeed. the one buzz i have is stiff, getting the FLX when i ordered a ESP is what i was afraid of. i'll probably phone in my order instead so i can get the stiffer run. i think i'm gonna try a heavier glow z as my third buzzz. you've given it rave reviews as well as AUBIN in conversations. i think i'll skip the x buzzz, and get two ESP and a Z. rumor is, the x buzzz gets squirrely when it beats in. i can't think of them as ROCS that wear in to perfection, cuz they already start that way. right?

In my opinion, Z and ESP Buzzzes still need 6 months to a year of heavy seasoning to wear into perfection. New ones are nice for hyzers and wind, but they must be thrown too hard/too flat to be as sweet and smooth as nicely seasoned versions. My favorite stage of wear to throw is a Buzzz that has about a -.5 in HSS @ 300'. Nice new stable Z Buzzzes are a 0 in HSS up to 350-360'.

discspeed said:
In my opinion, Z and ESP Buzzzes still need 6 months to a year of heavy seasoning to wear into perfection. New ones are nice for hyzers and wind, but they must be thrown too hard/too flat to be as sweet and smooth as nicely seasoned versions. My favorite stage of wear to throw is a Buzzz that has about a -.5 in HSS @ 300'. Nice new stable Z Buzzzes are a 0 in HSS up to 350-360'.

this is exactly why i went swimming in a muddy pond yesterday for my three year old z buzz. so glad it was summer.

Ugh. last friday I had thrown my pearly pink, seasoned buzzz on a real short, but super tight tunnel- deflected off a tree into the abyss of tangled trees and shrubs.

I found it, threw a thumber to get up and over all the crud, but I couldn't see where it was landing so I grabbed my bag and ran to the clearing...

Yup, totally forgot my buzzz. I didn't notice it was gone until yesterday afternoon. Went and threw a round, went to where I must have left my buzzz, it was gone.

I am in a state of mourning. A week or so prior, at a local 9hole free course that is overrun by younger kids, I was playing a single disc round with my buzzz. It was the last hole, and the group ahead of me was just standing down by the basket. They signaled me to throw, so I did, and one of the kids in the group just snatched up my buzzz and they ran out to their car in the parking lot and took off.

I am down to a single buzzz. At least it is my Z Glo.

DPJ88 said:
I am in a state of mourning. A week or so prior, at a local 9hole free course that is overrun by younger kids, I was playing a single disc round with my buzzz. It was the last hole, and the group ahead of me was just standing down by the basket. They signaled me to throw, so I did, and one of the kids in the group just snatched up my buzzz and they ran out to their car in the parking lot and took off.

That would push me past my rational limits.

DPJ88 said:
Ugh. last friday I had thrown my pearly pink, seasoned buzzz on a real short, but super tight tunnel- deflected off a tree into the abyss of tangled trees and shrubs.

I found it, threw a thumber to get up and over all the crud, but I couldn't see where it was landing so I grabbed my bag and ran to the clearing...

Yup, totally forgot my buzzz. I didn't notice it was gone until yesterday afternoon. Went and threw a round, went to where I must have left my buzzz, it was gone.

What course?

Staring Lake.

Every time I go there, I tell myself it is the last time...

Then I get conned into going by someone who refuses to pay for Bryant or some other quality course in the area.

MM'mmmmmm.

I stopped by my local shop today and got myself a real gem. Pearly-opaque, gummy blue Z Buzzz. Its nice and flat, slightly lighter than my Z glo, and flies like a beauty.

This is my first real experience with the new Z (other than the glo) Prior to that, I was still working off my old Z.

It feels great, looks great, flies great.

I picked up a DX Roc just... for fun... I love wasps and I wanted to find out if Rocs were truly better fliers.

Verdict is still out on that. I don't know what kind of DX plastic this is, but it is NOT rigid, it is very very malleable and soft .. I don't like it. It flew pretty nice, but I am not convinced it is noticeably better than my Wasps yet.

Funny, I live in SW MPLS but I've never played Staring.

Also funny, I throw my Meteor more than my (very stable) Z Buzzz. The combo is quite nice. Its the best I've felt about mids since the D Wasp went OOP.

I throw a fresh Z Buzzz for stable throws and a seasoned ESP Buzzz for slight turnovers/hyzerflips. I especially enjoy hyzerflipping my ESP Buzzz and watching it fly like a laser between the trees. Watching the flight of this disc is what got me hooked on disc golf.

The Buzzz, however, is sneaky long. The Buzzz flies so well that it tends to penetrate too far. Sometimes I'll throw the Buzzz on a rope right toward the basket and I'll just barely miss...and then the Buzzz will keep going and land 50 ft. past the basket. My home course has lots of long holes, so I appreciate the extra distance, but some basket placements have no room for error if a shot goes long. For these situations, I try to throw my Wizard instead.

I'm thinking about buying a D Buzzz for those throws that have no room for error past the basket. I think if I can really beat up a D Buzzz I can power down my throw and have more touch and still get that sexy-straight flightpath. Has anyone else noticed their Buzzz blowing by the basket too far? Is it just me?