• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your Buzzz of choice?

What's your Buzzz of choice?

• 1st Run

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 2FR Buzzz

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Old production Z

Votes: 34 11.4%
  • New production Z

Votes: 69 23.1%
  • Midnight

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Z SS

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • ESP SS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESP

Votes: 35 11.7%
  • FLX

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Pro D

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Crystal Z

Votes: 26 8.7%
  • Crystal FLX

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sparkle Z

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • X Buzzz

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • I plead the 5th...

Votes: 28 9.4%

• Total voters
ESP Buzzzes are great. I've thrown quite a few. They break into straight quite quickly and stay there a long time. Most glide pretty well too. I went back to the Z because I found the ESP to get squirrely in the wind.

discspeed said:
ESP Buzzzes are great. I've thrown quite a few. They break into straight quite quickly and stay there a long time. Most glide pretty well too. I went back to the Z because I found the ESP to get squirrely in the wind.

It's usually always windy at my local course and I think thats the main reason I have come to like my Z-Buzz the most out of all the other plastics. My Z-Buzz handles the wind much better than my FLX, and seems more consitant than my ESP as well. I really want to pick up a Glo-Z Buzz as I've heard they are really sweet!

Strauss said:
discspeed said:

It's usually always windy at my local course and I think thats the main reason I have come to like my Z-Buzz the most out of all the other plastics. My Z-Buzz handles the wind much better than my FLX, and seems more consitant than my ESP as well. I really want to pick up a Glo-Z Buzz as I've heard they are really sweet!

Glo Z Buzzzes are my favorite Buzzzes of all time.

Where is the option for any? Any Buzz is a great Buzz! If I must pick though...I say old Z. Then again my FLX Buzz was amazing...and my X Buzz...my 1st run was money also...

I was wondering if it was possible to beat in a esp buzz or is this a lost cause?

CHEERS - Koffee

koffee said:
I was wondering if it was possible to beat in a esp buzz or is this a lost cause?

CHEERS - Koffee

Yes, it is possible. Buy an X to use in the mean time. You will not regret it.

koffee said:

CHEERS - Koffee

Yep most definitely possible. After heavily utilizing my ESP Buzzz for a year it is now well seasoned and will finish its flight very straight.

Thank you for the responses

I have been using d buzzes and traded for a few discs and one was an esp buzz. So I was hoping if I can keep it out of the water (it is blue) i would try and beat it in.

CHEERS - Koffee

koffee said:

CHEERS - Koffee

It's definitely possible but don't hold your breath. I found a beat one 177 and then used it for practice in the woods by a road every day for a year. Now it's quite understable.

I took 10 Buzzzes to the field today: 4 opaque production Z, 3 Glo Z, 2 2FRs, and 1 X. All were 176-178g.

I wanted to test them in the wind and see how my Glo Zs compared to the others since I've been primarily throwing them for the last few months. The Buzzz is such an awesome and consistent disc...I could be more than happy with any of the Z Buzzzes I had out there in my bag. As I suspected, the 2FRs were the fastest, longest, and best in the wind. The Glos were next, and then the production Zs. The X seemed to be slower and didn't go quite as far as the others. The production Zs flew the most stable from a flattish release, and the 2 FRs had the best glide on a hyzer with more angle. The Glos were right in the middle. I forgot how nice the 2FRs fly...I'm so glad I didn't part with any when I picked up the Glos. I might have to tote them to the course in the coming days to do some more comparing with the Glos or just use them for wind/longer shots.

In all my disc testing over the years I don't think there is a mold that shapes up more consistently across plastics and runs than the Buzzz.

discspeed said:
The X seemed to be slower and didn't go quite as far as the others.

I noticed this last week and meant to ask you if you thought the same as I did about the X not going as far. I was throwing my X, Z, and Glo Z on hole 4 at Taylor on low lines under the tree branch and the Zs would reach the palmettos while the X kept coming up short.

Before I started carrying Comets, I carried both a Z and X Buzzz. Z for hard throws and hyzers, X for straight low power shots and annys. The X isn't as good for drives but glides better and straighter on low power touch shots.

I did some more field work with my Buzzzes today.

First of all, despite my throwing the X Buzzz for some time now, and hitting whatever I could, the break in period has been taking too long considering it is the only understable mid in my bag. While it may become slightly understable at high speeds really quickly, you've got to seriously mess one of these up to get it to hold a turn even at medium speeds. Even after a bunch of point blank tree hits with FHs and thumbers, the disc still looked pretty good and flew none the worse for wear. In frustration I finally gave it a good backhand rip into a stone facade. This hit hurt...It totally deformed the disc, bending a wing down and making a big protrusion in the dome. After I kind of tried to bend it back to shape I threw it. I don't know how it worked, but VOILA! the disc now has magic glide at medium speeds and a slow constant turn when I get on it a little more. Finally, it is useful for me in its intended purpose. I can't wait to take it back to the course.

Man, oh man, my 2FR Buzzzes are awesome! I was in quite a funk when I replaced it with the Glo Z (too many Stalker throws), but the 2FR is going back in the bag to duke it out with the Glo. The Glo is excellent, but the 2FR feels like coming back home. The biggest reason I took it out was because the 2FR is longer/faster and overlapped more with the Staker. Now with the Stalker long gone, it is nice having the extra range again. Perhaps I'll keep them both in the bag.

The other purpose I had for taking all my Buzzzes to the field was to find out which was my best bet for high and low speed overstability. My green opaque production Buzzz (that has a slight dome) was by far the best candidate.

discspeed said:
My green opaque production Buzzz (that has a slight dome) was by far the best candidate.

I love my orange opaque Buzzz. Its the only disc that has never left my bag over the last two years. During this period I've taken about 70% of my throws with it, so it has seen well over 10k throws and is still not that much less stable than my new Glo Z Buzzzs.

OK, I dropped by PIAS today, and the had a couple of domey DOMEY assed D Buzzzes that were a very hard run of D.

Has anyone ever thrown these and what do they fly like? I'm wondering if they'll beat in to great turnover discs.

Danforth said:
OK, I dropped by PIAS today, and the had a couple of domey DOMEY assed D Buzzzes that were a very hard run of D.

Has anyone ever thrown these and what do they fly like? I'm wondering if they'll beat in to great turnover discs.

I'd pass on those. I imagine that if they are really stiff, they are going to drop fast. Even hard D plastic is not very durable.

discspeed said:
Danforth said:

I'd pass on those. I imagine that if they are really stiff, they are going to drop fast...

Even with a tall dome? I was hoping Blake would weigh in on these discs, since they originally came from GGGT AFAIK.

OMFG!! I just made an abr. rhyme!! LOL :roll:

discspeed said:
First of all, despite my throwing the X Buzzz for some time now, and hitting whatever I could, the break in period has been taking too long considering it is the only understable mid in my bag. While it may become slightly understable at high speeds really quickly, you've got to seriously mess one of these up to get it to hold a turn even at medium speeds. Even after a bunch of point blank tree hits with FHs and thumbers, the disc still looked pretty good and flew none the worse for wear. In frustration I finally gave it a good backhand rip into a stone facade. This hit hurt...It totally deformed the disc, bending a wing down and making a big protrusion in the dome. After I kind of tried to bend it back to shape I threw it. I don't know how it worked, but VOILA! the disc now has magic glide at medium speeds and a slow constant turn when I get on it a little more. Finally, it is useful for me in its intended purpose. I can't wait to take it back to the course.

Mine is being a pain in my ass too though I smacked it around earlier today and from limited testing at Taylor later (made difficult with fairly strong winds kicking up) it seems to be getting at least close to where I want it. I've been very surprised with how strongly the X plastic holds up in the Buzzz.

I picked up a Glo last week and will be playing with it up at High Bridge this weekend. Out in the field it's been pretty nice so far. Good straight flight and nice glide. It also holds up OK in some wind. I really don't know why I keep trying to find other straight flying discs. The Buzzz is just all around great and is my most reliable disc. I can torque it a bit and it acts like a leopard (and only slightly shorter). I picked it up since we'll be playing night golf and it's my 1 disc round disc. Although it glows nicely in the dark, it's not really all that useful on a clear night since there's too much light still around. The bright side is that the plastic scatters the light really well from the beacon lights (my CryZtal one is terrible for that).

Buzzz alert! We just got in a small stack of max weight Buzzzes that are the sweetest Z Buzzzes I've seen in a long time. They are max weight, opaque, and purple. Holding it up to my purple first run, this is about as close as Discraft has come to recreating that plastic since '04. I took one and threw it a few times today...It is really stable with a ton of glide...Kind of like a slightly more stable Glo Z. Its interesting...Discraft is putting out a lot of plastic these days that doesn't really match up to my tastes, and then they go and make a run of super stiff sweet Buzzzes...I'm not sure if I should be happy about this, or pissed that they can't make all their discs like this. Oh well, I'll just be happy that at least they keep making great versions of my favorite disc!