• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your Buzzz of choice?

What's your Buzzz of choice?

• 1st Run

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 2FR Buzzz

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Old production Z

Votes: 34 11.4%
  • New production Z

Votes: 69 23.1%
  • Midnight

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Z SS

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • ESP SS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESP

Votes: 35 11.7%
  • FLX

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Pro D

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Crystal Z

Votes: 26 8.7%
  • Crystal FLX

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sparkle Z

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • X Buzzz

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • I plead the 5th...

Votes: 28 9.4%

• Total voters
Steve said:
rKp said:
MotoDj said:
but the reason for posting here is that he has a first run buzz, it was tye dye, but the son of a bitch painted it!!!!
it looked like a glow disc till i had it in my hands, wasp on the rim, first run on the stamp... beautiful disc with spray PAINT! on it
Shouldn't there be some sort of jail sentence associated with this?
Total Buzzz kill....
article-0-030F441B000005DC-940_468x340.jpg

rKp said:
MotoDj said:
but the reason for posting here is that he has a first run buzz, it was tye dye, but the son of a bitch painted it!!!!
it looked like a glow disc till i had it in my hands, wasp on the rim, first run on the stamp... beautiful disc with spray PAINT! on it
Shouldn't there be some sort of jail sentence associated with this?

If he tries to pull that crap on my course, I'll hook him up! I can't think of conduct more disorderly than that! :)

cjskier said:
The Bird Man said:
How do you restore/create dome on a disc?
I put the disc inside a large mixing bowl, with a near airtight seal when pushed in(bottom of disc facing up). I then placed a wine bottle in the center of the disc to weigh it down. Anything round and heavy will do the trick. Keep in mind the size and weight of different objects would change the shape a bit. Then I filled the bowl with HOT tap water, topping it off with boiling water every so often. Kept it hot for about an hour, then I let it slowly cool off for about 6 hours. Pull it out and you have dome!

There is a whole thread about disc shaping somewhere on here, but no search function to find it...

How does your modified Glo Z Buzzz SS fly now? Did you try it before you "domed" it out?

discspeed said:
cjskier said:
The Bird Man said:
How do you restore/create dome on a disc?
I put the disc inside a large mixing bowl, with a near airtight seal when pushed in(bottom of disc facing up). I then placed a wine bottle in the center of the disc to weigh it down. Anything round and heavy will do the trick. Keep in mind the size and weight of different objects would change the shape a bit. Then I filled the bowl with HOT tap water, topping it off with boiling water every so often. Kept it hot for about an hour, then I let it slowly cool off for about 6 hours. Pull it out and you have dome!

There is a whole thread about disc shaping somewhere on here, but no search function to find it...

How does your modified Glo Z Buzzz SS fly now? Did you try it before you "domed" it out?

One of these days I will go field throw it and find out the difference it made. I do still have to non domed SS's as well to compare it to.

I have been throwing my ESP buzzz a whole bunch lately...also my 174 glo......I have a flat 177 Z that is my least fave...ESP is edging out the glo right now

How do the X-Buzzzes beat in? I have a 165g Buzz that is starting to remind me of my 170g Meteor. Does the X-Buzzz beat to something like the meteor or does it just get ugly once beat?

josser said:
How do the X-Buzzzes beat in? I have a 165g Buzz that is starting to remind me of my 170g Meteor. Does the X-Buzzz beat to something like the meteor or does it just get ugly once beat?

Give me some more time and I'll tell you...I throw my Glo Z Buzzz on just about every mid shot, but I've been toting an X Buzzz around for a couple months now just throwing second shots with it with the intention of breaking it in. So far I've hit some trees and pavement, but it hasn't even broken in to the stability of a new Meteor yet.

My seasoned X Buzzz would fly like a Meteor when thrown with a little speed but I liked it a little better for some shots because it stayed straighter when powered down than the Meteor did. My Meteors always seemed to want to hyzer out if you didn't put enough on them, like for tight upshots.

josser said:

They are great when beat up. I've got two beat ones in my bag for straight and shots that go left (lhbh) you can power down on them and throw them dead straight. I use them a lot. I've got two beat ones and a new one in the bag. They are my "buzzz of choice". A Z buzz goes well with them for a little more high speed stability. They have great glide as well. I have never thrown the meteor so I really can't compare them to that for you.

My meteor has been in the bag for 2 years, so it is totally beat. It cannot hold a turn out of my hand...it must be hyzer flipped. It doesn't have any issues with fading out...not ever. I've been using my X-Buzzz for anhyzers over water, etc, and I like how its not quite as likely to really turn on itself as the Meteor. The meteor is basically a utility disc in my bag now for when I need something to get a lot of turn over a short distance.

Well I do like the feel in my hand of my X Buzzz more than my Meteor so I probably should grab another X to start the beat down on a second one. By the time I figure out I love the first one, I will probably lose it.

Yesterday I picked up a 1st run X Buzzz (super straight modified wasp) and a newer opaque Z Buzzz to test out. I've been really the X Buzzz in my bag as it has finally seasoned past the point of total overlap with my Z Buzzz, so I wanted a backup. Playing in the wind a lot lately has shown me that the Glo Z Buzzzes are not really overstable, even right out of the box, so I was hoping that the pinky would be more overstable. It was exactly what I was looking for as it holds its line better at high speeds or in wind. I'm definitely adding it to the bag. So now my mid setup is as follows:
X Buzzz (seasoned)
Glo Z Buzzz (straight)
Opaque Pink Z Buzzz (overstable)

I will probably carry the newer X around as well for use around water as it is my most replaceable Buzzz and they fly very similar to the Z when new...In fact, the X Buzzzes I've thrown in the past couple months have all started out as stable or more stable than my Zs.

I was digging the glows the most, it started out stable.. now its just straight.. Back on the opaques as my favorites.. there a bit more stable.. or maybe stable longer?

I've been carrying around no less than 4 Buzzzes and usually more like 6 plus a Z Wasp as of late. Of those 6, one has been my favored ESP, three have been Z, another one FLX, and finally one X. As I've come to get to know these discs a lot better, the Zs have been giving the ESP a run for its money as to which one I reach for now when I'm teeing off. The ESP still can net me more distance by a slight margin and I'm not sure if its the plastic, the fact that its heavier so I feel more comfortable putting mustard on it, or because its so much more seasoned that it just glides better. However the Zs have been holding their line more predictably and even though they pull up a little shorter I have more faith in them doing what I tell them to. The FLX has been noticeably more stable(overstable, however you want to view it) and I've been trying to figure out it if has a place in the bag with the Z Wasp being more overstable and more consistent in release because of the plastic. I've come to like the X Buzzz a lot. I concur with Discpeeds finding that new its as stable as Z. However after a couple good kicks off of trees and use in general its been holding turnover lines beautifully. I haven't used my Glow in a while because I got a glow series coming up again this fall and don't want to unnecessarily wear down its glowing ability by playing with it in daylight.

A.Mutt said:
I haven't used my Glow in a while because I got a glow series coming up again this fall and don't want to unnecessarily wear down its glowing ability by playing with it in daylight.

Is this a legitimate concern? I've never heard of anything like this before.

discspeed said:
A.Mutt said:
I haven't used my Glow in a while because I got a glow series coming up again this fall and don't want to unnecessarily wear down its glowing ability by playing with it in daylight.

Is this a legitimate concern? I've never heard of anything like this before.

I hadn't been concerned about it until someone over on DGCR had asked about storing glow plastic, and I want to say it was Working Stiff aka Three Putt that mentioned they should be stored in the dark because glow plastic only has so much "life" in it. I could be wrong about him being the one to mention that, but whoever it was I had learned to respect what they had to say. Don't have any concrete evidence to know its true, but I want to get the most out of my glow plastic since I have and will continue to use it for night golf so I figure better safe than sorry. Also my Glow Buzzz is one of the prototype ones with an awesome large ghost etched Buzzz logo, so I like to minimize my opportunities to lose it.

*edit* found the post
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11307&highlight=Glow+discs
"I've got tons of glow that does not glow anymore. The glow material has a 1/2 life, and any time it is "charging" the clock is ticking. I have a bunch of glow Aviars that I used during daytime rounds that just don't glow anymore, I wasted the glow element letting them charge in the sunlight lying in the fairway. "

Thommie said:
buzz gt is not on this list.. why?

It slipped my mind when I created the poll. I also wish the Glo Z Buzzz was on it now as well. I agree that it wasn't my favorite Buzzz though...Its an X Buzzz that's had its glide circumcised. It should have been on there though.